13-16 Spartan tuning

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Ya, there is a big difference between towing on flat land and towing in some good hills. I am on the east coast so there is nothing insane, but I am pulling a giant sail of a 36ft enclosed gooseneck that weights between 20-22k lbs depending on the load. Some hills in PA you are into the throttle hard for 2-3 minutes holding 65-70 mph. I often pull 15-18k around town on the 550 tune no issue, no highway, and no big hills, completely different story.

Reaction score
What size brakes on your trailer?My horse trailer is 43 ft long and has 12k disc brakes,I can stop my truck with just the trailer brakes .
f37397766604d039cff0cb1ae1962bad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fcca480e80ebca2c216bc248faf93a9d.jpg

Exhaust brake gets used religiously when pulling this thing. But at 30-34k all the time I need all the help I can get!

Sp artan having a fully functional exhaust brake after being d eleted will be a good selling point for many!

jbair14

Reaction score
Wow,So if you manually put it in 4th gear,the Trans will up shift on its own????I wonder how that is possible ?

Sport, I put it in 2nd when I was doing 35mph, when it ran out to 53mph going down 7% and 4,100 rpm it up shifted on its own. This up shift to 3rd shook me up as the next gear will run to 65mph which I felt I was not in control of my truck and trailer in the snow. I've owned (2) 7.3's (3) 6.0's (1) 6.4 and now my current '15 6.7 and I've never had a ford pop out of gear until it did it to me twice in 30 miles between Eisenhower and Vail Pass. So not to be a dick but yes it will happen and 4th gear will still do 80 mph so when you come to the big boy passes and pull 18k try 4h and let me know what you think in the snow.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Sport, I put it in 2nd when I was doing 35mph, when it ran out to 53mph going down 7% and 4,100 rpm it up shifted on its own. This up shift to 3rd shook me up as the next gear will run to 65mph which I felt I was not in control of my truck and trailer in the snow. I've owned (2) 7.3's (3) 6.0's (1) 6.4 and now my current '15 6.7 and I've never had a ford pop out of gear until it did it to me twice in 30 miles between Eisenhower and Vail Pass. So not to be a dick but yes it will happen and 4th gear will still do 80 mph so when you come to the big boy passes and pull 18k try 4h and let me know what you think in the snow.

Why risk it? It sounds like a medium duty truck,like a RV hauler (Freightliner M2 106,Top Kick,Etc )would be safest for you.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I'm not currently tuned, but I have to say if I stick with the 6.7 I will be going with this tuning. I respect the efforts that you putting in and open dialogue with the users. I think this is what has lead to all the praises we're seeing. As stated above, if the exhaust brake required the EGR functional I would be ok with that as I have never ******d the EGR in any of my trucks. I would think that as long as you made it clear people could decide whether or not they want to ****** and loose their exhaust brake. That being said, I'm sure you will get it solved.

Is Ford using the EGR to help relieve/regulate back pressure when the exhaust brake is on?

valvetick

Reaction score
fcca480e80ebca2c216bc248faf93a9d.jpg

Exhaust brake gets used religiously when pulling this thing. But at 30-34k all the time I need all the help I can get!

Sp artan having a fully functional exhaust brake after being d eleted will be a good selling point for many!

30-34k!? What is in that trailer? I have a 44' vintage outlaw living quarters and I haven't tipped 26k combined gross but your truck is much heavier then mine.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I can't answer for Jblair, but one way I know to monitor EGT is using the Torque Pro app on one of my old phones with a sensor from the stock exhaust in my e g r blocker plate. I am also able to monitor, high pressure fuel psi and low pressure fuel psi. It's a pretty handy little device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
hold the phone! this on a 6.7?
how the hell are you monitoring low pressure fuel with the torque pro app? i haven't found a way to monitor psi... AND you mean to tell me that if you take a pyro from the ****** pipe and extend or route wires to the egr plate it will read correctly? the 4 egt sensors on tq pro read 120ish and 800ish like its a default for being unplugged..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Reaction score
30-34k!? What is in that trailer? I have a 44' vintage outlaw living quarters and I haven't tipped 26k combined gross but your truck is much heavier then mine.

Trailer with living quarters, and all the bs that goes with that weighs 12k
Truck inside it 8k
Ranger 900. 1.2k
Tool box and
air compressor 1k
Truck, 100 gallon aux fuel tank, generator, tools ect 10.5k

Roughly 32-34k depending on how many people and how much gear I got at the time.

The trailer it HEAVY. It's all welded tubing on the frame and body structure. All like 3/16-1/4 wall steel tubing. Plus it's the extra height ceiling. Two air conditioners, water tanks, bunk etc.

valvetick

Reaction score
Trailer with living quarters, and all the bs that goes with that weighs 12k
Truck inside it 8k
Ranger 900. 1.2k
Tool box and
air compressor 1k
Truck, 100 gallon aux fuel tank, generator, tools ect 10.5k

Roughly 32-34k depending on how many people and how much gear I got at the time.

The trailer it HEAVY. It's all welded tubing on the frame and body structure. All like 3/16-1/4 wall steel tubing. Plus it's the extra height ceiling. Two air conditioners, water tanks, bunk etc.

Dang that is heavy! I always roll through a CAT scale to try and keep mine somewhat close to the limits have you ever been stopped to check weight? I'm always worried about them pulling me over

Reaction score
I avoid scales like the plague.

Plus it helps that my trailer has recreational plates and ac units so I claim it as a camper. Which basically exempts you from most dot regulations.

strokin20

Reaction score
hold the phone! this on a 6.7?
how the hell are you monitoring low pressure fuel with the torque pro app? i haven't found a way to monitor psi... AND you mean to tell me that if you take a pyro from the ****** pipe and extend or route wires to the egr plate it will read correctly? the 4 egt sensors on tq pro read 120ish and 800ish like its a default for being unplugged..

live life full throttle

Yes sir that is correct. I did some searching and found some guys over on FTE that did all the leg work on these pids. If you want I can PM you the link to the enhanced 6.7 PID's and the stuff for EGT.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yes sir that is correct. I did some searching and found some guys over on FTE that did all the leg work on these pids. If you want I can PM you the link to the enhanced 6.7 PID's and the stuff for EGT.

i got the download from fte but i dont have low fuel pressure or egt's but yeah ill take a pm on any info i can get..

live life full throttle

Last edited:

mfoltz

Reaction score
Just order everything from Jeremy at no limit great guys to work with. I can't wait to put every on. You guys have any tips on the egr ******? He told to to spray some blaster a few days ahead to help the bolts come out easier. I'm a little worried about breaking the bolt off when taking the egr off. Also what tune would you guys recommend for just city driving and occasionally pulling a trailor?

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I think a lot of guys are DD the 600E files. Without SOTF, thats probably what im going to run. Im thinking about ordering the NGauge today as well.

Latest posts

Members online