13-16 Spartan tuning

dawashi

Reaction score
I haven't even tried any E files yet...are they a lot better for your trans? Seeing that it has been said it is the weakest link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mfoltz

Reaction score
How is these tunes compared to a 6.4?

That's what I want to know. I had a tuned 6.4 and it was a beast. With 600 to the wheels that's better than the 6.4 isn't it? I loved the power my 6.4 had. I have missed it. Hoping this truck is close to it or better.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
How is these tunes compared to a 6.4?

The tunes are considerable better, smoother, better shifting, no touchy throttle, everything you want out of a tune. People claim they are close tuned 6.4 vs tuned 6.7 but its just not the same. There is no replacing the compound turbos from the 6.4 imo. I love my 6.7 and it is by far a nicer all around truck. Tows considerably better hands down. That being said the 6.4 is a lot more fun to drive. For a toy/weekend fun/race truck I would still pick my 6.4 at this point. For a all around awesome truck/ work/ tow rig the 6.7 can't be beat.

The best why I can't think to put it is the 6.4 seems to have more raw instant power where the 6.7 spools much slower and seems to have considerably more computer control/torque management.

Don't in any way let this make you think I am disappointed with the tuning or the 6.7. Just trying to give a honest opinion. Still being able to drive my 6.4 here and there doesn't help forget how awesome it is. I still have thoughts of going back to that truck and letting the wife drive the platinum.

Still daily driving the 550race tune and loving it.

Gleebag

Reaction score
Question for you guys that have switched from SCT to *******, who had to do reflashed the truck from ford?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
The tunes are considerable better, smoother, better shifting, no touchy throttle, everything you want out of a tune. People claim they are close tuned 6.4 vs tuned 6.7 but its just not the same. There is no replacing the compound turbos from the 6.4 imo. I love my 6.7 and it is by far a nicer all around truck. Tows considerably better hands down. That being said the 6.4 is a lot more fun to drive. For a toy/weekend fun/race truck I would still pick my 6.4 at this point. For a all around awesome truck/ work/ tow rig the 6.7 can't be beat.

The best why I can't think to put it is the 6.4 seems to have more raw instant power where the 6.7 spools much slower and seems to have considerably more computer control/torque management.

Don't in any way let this make you think I am disappointed with the tuning or the 6.7. Just trying to give a honest opinion. Still being able to drive my 6.4 here and there doesn't help forget how awesome it is. I still have thoughts of going back to that truck and letting the wife drive the platinum.

Still daily driving the 550race tune and loving it.

This is about the best comparison I've read so far.

Lined up side-by-side in a boosted launch, the 2015/2016 6.7 will outrun the 6.4L to 60 or so, and the 6.4 runs a bit stronger from 60 to 100. All in all I believe they turn very similar 1/4 mile times.

As far as spooling and response- keep in mind that the 6.7L is running a turbo pretty close in size to the 6.4L low pressure charger, and has to spool it without the assistance from a second unit. This does mean, as described above, it isn't as "snappy" in feel.

Also, as noted above, some of the lack of response is electronics. We can reduce that (and are playing around with it) but in doing so, it will reduce some of the smoothness and induce touchy throttle, as with the 6.4. For most users, I don't see it being worth the trade-off.

When it comes down to it, both a late model 6.7 and a 6.4 will make almost identical power. The 6.7 has about a 200ft/lb edge in torque, and the 6.4L has a powerband that's 300 to 350 rpm longer. Hence why, despite the difference in feel, they perform so similar.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Question for you guys that have switched from SCT to *******, who had to do reflashed the truck from ford?

It's not totally mandatory, but we do highly recommend it. This ensures it is set back to stock and has the latest reflashes installed, so that the stock file we make for you will be current.

Gleebag

Reaction score
It's not totally mandatory, but we do highly recommend it. This ensures it is set back to stock and has the latest reflashes installed, so that the stock file we make for you will be current.

Okay Thank you very much, was concerned because I don't have the time to put the vehicle back to stock.

drservo

Reaction score
Agree with the comparisons, as much as I love my 6.7 I still miss the feel of power of my 6.4. They may be close in actual numbers but the 6.4 felt much stronger. The only Spar tune I have tried is the 600E and that's my daily driver/tow tune.

Last edited:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
BTW Matt I would take the trade off to feel that in my 6.7!

I keep going back and forth with this idea. Part of me enjoys how smooth and refined everything is. The other part wants a 600enhanced tune that is stripped of the traction control/ advance track/ torque management. Could deal with the throttle being more touchy(I daily drove my 6.4 on the 310...) if the response was increased because of it. More so a true race tune. Let me drive it not the computer.

In reality I will tow on the 450 and more then likely leave the truck on the 550race. Things are so good I am almost afraid to change it up.

Notneb

Reaction score
Any of you guys own a single turbo 6.4 or is the comparison being done on the stock compounds? Just curious if the 6.4 still feels stronger with relatively the same turbo setup.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Any of you guys own a single turbo 6.4 or is the comparison being done on the stock compounds? Just curious if the 6.4 still feels stronger with relatively the same turbo setup.

The billet 66 on my 6.4 pulled away 2 or so car lengths from my buddies spart 15, he got close at 100 by 110 he was by the back door and that was with a blown up pipe.

Both 250 CCSB I was in 2wd he was in 4wd. We raced 3 times same result.

We raced stock setup ccsb 6.4, again in front but the 15 was close by the tailgate both 6.4s are GH tuned

Spar-tan 600 E

We also raced my F350 ccsb drw 4.30s ******* 310, by 102 he was by the mirror.

Stock vs stock tuned they are very close.

Last edited:

mfoltz

Reaction score
I'm still amazed by the power a 6.4 can make. Alot of guys that never had one realy dont understand how much of a beast they are. Most of my friends are duramax and cummins fans and they also make comments about fords being dogs. Apparently they never went up against a 6.4 or 6.7. I miss mine but I love my 6.7 and I'm sure after I get my tune on it I'll love it as much as the 6.4.

strokin20

Reaction score
I keep going back and forth with this idea. Part of me enjoys how smooth and refined everything is. The other part wants a 600enhanced tune that is stripped of the traction control/ advance track/ torque management. Could deal with the throttle being more touchy(I daily drove my 6.4 on the 310...) if the response was increased because of it. More so a true race tune. Let me drive it not the computer.

In reality I will tow on the 450 and more then likely leave the truck on the 550race. Things are so good I am almost afraid to change it up.

I could go for a 600 file with what you described here as well. I'm like you guys, love my 6.7 but at times miss the raw, knarly wickedness of my 6.4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cchildress

Reaction score
WOW...after 8 hours of reading all 122 pages I am convinced I want sp ar tan tuning for my 15'. I was worried after reading all the issues that others are having with codes and shifting issues from other tuners, but sp ar tan seems to have hit the nail on the head! Now time to order all the goodies!

Latest posts

Members online