13-16 Spartan tuning

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
As soon as our first order of switches, connectors, and components for the wiring show up, I'll get the release version installed on my truck, and get you guy some pictures of the installation.

theplumber

Reaction score
Custom tuning will be geared more toward aftermarket applications (more fuel, air, etc.). Obviously there are going to be people who want more out of a stock truck too, but when we say custom we're suggesting the builds that need it.

When i said custom tune is just like better shifting than SCT canned tune .
I just have. A s&b air intake and deleted pipe soon . Shifting is really important in a tune .

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

drservo

Reaction score
Is there going to be a firmware update for the dashdaq so we can use it for tuning?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Is there going to be a firmware update for the dashdaq so we can use it for tuning?

Since DashDAQ was a Drew Technologies product, and nDash/nGauge is an E-Motion product, the firmware won't be retroactive back to the old units. We don't own the licensing for the device firmware.

Give Spade a call in our office, we will help you out on getting an upgrade.

DMDP

Reaction score
As far as exhaust brakes are concerned-

Yes, it does work in our tuning. Albeit, I will say as a disclaimer it doens't work *as* well as factory, simply because of a drop in backpressure across the entire system with components ******d. Calibration for EGR ****** also affects this, as has already been mentioned, but I do have a work-around for that.

Through other methods, we can increase the functionality of it far beyond stock, although I do have some things to address with that from a drivability standpoint currently. That testing is on my immediate agenda.

Cool. I will be keeping an eye on this. Thanks!

Wera

Reaction score
Any pictures of the nDash/nGauge installed?

BTW, nice work Matt on the new tunes. Looking forward to trying this on my future 15/16.

RyanOG

Reaction score
Matt and Jeff its great to see both of you on the forum and staying interactive with the people on here and asking for and accepting input. This thread is my sole reason for spending the extra money and going with Spartan Tuning on my 15. I have heard bad things and good things about your tuning on previous year trucks, mainly high horsepower(good) and hurting transmissions(bad) but after reading everything Matt has said about the trans, the tunes and his overall knowledge about these trucks it has made me believe in both of you and the company as well. I think ya'll are definitely on the right track as far as tuning, options, SOTF and most importantly customer service. Knowing that I can count on the seller to back their products and work out any issues is the number one reason to purchase a tuner from Spartan. As far as the switch goes I am very interested to see it, but my first instinct is to have it hidden (this is how I did the switch in my 08 DMax w/ EFILive) and to have at least 4 positions. Tow, DD, Fun, and Max Performance. I'm thinking a temporary hidden mount in the storage slot on the drivers side of the console would be the way to go. Either that or intergrate it into the dash mount that will hold the nDash. Also do you have more info available on the new nDash as far as pictures, mounting options and the screen layout? I would also be interested in seeing you test your tuning with the 5" open intake from No Limit Fab or Absolute Performance as sometimes these throw codes with custom tuning where other intakes did not and I would also like to see if there is any power/performance difference. Thanks again for all your hard work and still finding time to get on here and share your testing experience and knowledge.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Any pictures of the nDash/nGauge installed?

BTW, nice work Matt on the new tunes. Looking forward to trying this on my future 15/16.

The nDash mounts exactly like the DashDAQ/DashDAQ XL (like a GPS unit would with a suction cup mount). We don't have any pictures of the nGauge actually mounted, but I'm sure Matt can get some pictures.

Matt and Jeff its great to see both of you on the forum and staying interactive with the people on here and asking for and accepting input. This thread is my sole reason for spending the extra money and going with Spartan Tuning on my 15. I have heard bad things and good things about your tuning on previous year trucks, mainly high horsepower(good) and hurting transmissions(bad) but after reading everything Matt has said about the trans, the tunes and his overall knowledge about these trucks it has made me believe in both of you and the company as well. I think ya'll are definitely on the right track as far as tuning, options, SOTF and most importantly customer service. Knowing that I can count on the seller to back their products and work out any issues is the number one reason to purchase a tuner from Spartan. As far as the switch goes I am very interested to see it, but my first instinct is to have it hidden (this is how I did the switch in my 08 DMax w/ EFILive) and to have at least 4 positions. Tow, DD, Fun, and Max Performance. I'm thinking a temporary hidden mount in the storage slot on the drivers side of the console would be the way to go. Either that or intergrate it into the dash mount that will hold the nDash. Also do you have more info available on the new nDash as far as pictures, mounting options and the screen layout? I would also be interested in seeing you test your tuning with the 5" open intake from No Limit Fab or Absolute Performance as sometimes these throw codes with custom tuning where other intakes did not and I would also like to see if there is any power/performance difference. Thanks again for all your hard work and still finding time to get on here and share your testing experience and knowledge.

Thanks for the kind words and great feedback!

If you have seen pictures of our old devices (DashDAQ) mounted, the nDash is going to mount the same way.

We haven't tested anything beyond the AFE and S&B options on our 2015 test truck, but we can change that of course. We appreciate you making note of the potential codes being thrown with the larger options versus the more standard intake options.

Azraie218

Reaction score
i am also interested, i had the spartan on my 2010 and loved it never and issue, but now that i hear your going back to actual custom tuning i would like to know more like stated about the no limit 5 inch intake and other turbo mods that we have on our trucks

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Jeff clear your PM's won't allow me to pm you

Sent from the front seat of my rocket ship

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
i am also interested, i had the spartan on my 2010 and loved it never and issue, but now that i hear your going back to actual custom tuning i would like to know more like stated about the no limit 5 inch intake and other turbo mods that we have on our trucks

We will have the diagnostics taken care of in the production files to support no limit intakes, and ones similar, upon product release.

ccmac

Reaction score
I believe I asked Jeff this already but will the new tuning still require the ECT sensor from the egr in to be rigged into the coolant hose to keep from throwing a code?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I believe I asked Jeff this already but will the new tuning still require the ECT sensor from the egr in to be rigged into the coolant hose to keep from throwing a code?

Due to customer request, we are turning the code off. The sensor will still function if you choose to leave it in the stream (as I have always recommended).

theplumber

Reaction score
Any video on device working on a truck?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

dawashi

Reaction score
Do you have any price ranges for package deals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccmac

Reaction score
Due to customer request, we are turning the code off. The sensor will still function if you choose to leave it in the stream (as I have always recommended).

does that sensor just monitor the temp of the secondary system when its placed in line there? you are the one that knows these pickups so well, if you think i need to be monitoring it ill do what it takes to get it back on there. Used to be someone around that made a pipe with a bung welded into it, but i dont recall who it was now.

uga33

Reaction score
does that sensor just monitor the temp of the secondary system when its placed in line there? you are the one that knows these pickups so well, if you think i need to be monitoring it ill do what it takes to get it back on there. Used to be someone around that made a pipe with a bung welded into it, but i dont recall who it was now.

SDP made the ECT2 tube. I have it on my truck.

Latest posts

Members online