'13 Build for Fireball Run and SEMA

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Good on them! No need to have a bunch of people driving wrecklessly and being a danger to everyone else

imelmo

Reaction score
It's becoming more interactive like the amazing race and less about driving as fast as you can to the destination. They will be putting gps tracking devices in every competitors vehicle to monitor location and speed. If something really stupid is done they will eliminate that team from the competition according to the rule book. If we can do the extra tasks to get bonus points and spend less time getting fuel then I think we will have the advantage. Of coarse it is all about money and we will have the option to spend at least $250 in every sponsoring city for bonus points as well.

Define "really stupid". LOL

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Good on them! No need to have a bunch of people driving wrecklessly and being a danger to everyone else
I agree. Honestly if it was all about speed a lifted 500hp 6.7 probably wouldn't be my first choice lol there is a GT500 in the garage for that.

Define "really stupid". LOL

Well I've heard stories of running people off the road and driving down the wrong side of the highway at 100+.....to me that's the beginnings of "really stupid" lol

RedRice589

Reaction score
Hmm. . . I think the vehicle choice is great!! And yes those other races are pretty nuts bullring, gumball, and the like. Fun but dumb. I think 150 in the bed and 67 underneath should be enough hahaha

Last edited:

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Hmm. . . I think the vehicle choice is great!! And yes those other races are pretty nuts bullring, gumball, and the like. Fun but dumb. I think 150 in the bed and 67 underneath should be enough hahaha

So far i'm definitely happy with the truck! I'd have to agree with you on the fuel capacity. Some more stuff showed up today so I'll get pics posted up tomorrow

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
BDS sent out an 8" lift with dual front shock brackets and FOX Shocks all around
bdslift_zpsc5a84f42.jpg

bds8_zps41f072a8.jpg

Trimax sent out this drop hitch
trimaxdrophitch_zps8d73706e.jpg

My tentative plan is to start on the lift Sunday or Monday at the latest. Wheels and tires are still undecided at this point. I'm really wanting to go 22x12 or possibly 22x14 with 38x15.50 tires but we will see.

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
When you say that companies sent you "item x", is that you purchasing them or them sponsoring you type for this run and SEMA?

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
When you say that companies sent you "item x", is that you purchasing them or them sponsoring you type for this run and SEMA?

Not everything is sponsored but some is. Some sponsorship's are full, some partial. I'm working on sponsors due to the amount of marketing and advertising these two events bring. So far sponsors include BDS, Trimax, Ram Mounts, Rigid Industries, Trail Ready, Retrax, Whistler, Bedslide, Monster Vault, S&B Filters, US- Blinder and i'm working with Matt Kelly @ Kelly Diesel Performance on a few things :thumbsup: The Fireball Run is invitation only and it's not cheap to run plus the additional cost of fuel and bonus point purchases. Most teams get sponsors to cover their entry fees and bonus point purchases. I am doing that out of pocket and accumulating sponsors to help make an image while bringing attention to companies in the aftermarket industry.

Last edited:

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Whistler Products showed up as well as some awesome mounts from Ram Mounts to get our GoPro's and laptops stable for researching our clues during the Fireball.
whistler_zps8e373159.jpg

rammounts_zps9bf19ec0.jpg

The bedslide 2000ProHD is going in the bed after some fabrication takes place. The plan is to organize the slide to store different things that will be taken on the trips.

bedslide_zps3ba2caff.jpg

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Those bed slides are awesome!! You goys doing radar/laser jammer as well?
I'm pretty anxous to get the bedslide in, that's for sure! The shipping weight was 502lbs. US Blinder will be supplying the laser jammer and one of the owners may be running the rally as well. It actually isn't legal to jam radar but nothing is stated about jamming laser. I have an older unit of theirs on my dodge and it's a lot of fun to see police try to get your speed and then look at the gun like something is wrong.

Sounds cool. I will have to try to watch this.
All in all, these events should be a lot of fun and I will do my best to keep everyone updated!

This is cool
Im jealous

Good luck👍👍
Thanks! I'm going to do my best to be competitive but still keep it as stress free as possible

bmiller5

Reaction score
Not everything is sponsored but some is. Some sponsorship's are full, some partial. I'm working on sponsors due to the amount of marketing and advertising these two events bring. So far sponsors include BDS, Trimax, Ram Mounts, Rigid Industries, Trail Ready, Retrax, Whistler, Bedslide, Monster Vault, S&B Filters, US- Blinder and i'm working with Matt Kelly @ Kelly Diesel Performance on a few things :thumbsup: The Fireball Run is invitation only and it's not cheap to run plus the additional cost of fuel and bonus point purchases. Most teams get sponsors to cover their entry fees and bonus point purchases. I am doing that out of pocket and accumulating sponsors to help make an image while bringing attention to companies in the aftermarket industry.

Matt was talking to me about this but apparently I didn't put two and two together when he said Ray at FTK! That's awesome! Sounds like it will be a lot of fun building and even more fun running it! Good luck, Ray :thumbup:

Bryson

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Hell yea man had laser hammers on my '06 charger. Very angry cops in Georgia and Ohio!!
I have mine on a switch so that I can slow down and then turn it off so it looks less suspicious

Matt was talking to me about this but apparently I didn't put two and two together when he said Ray at FTK! That's awesome! Sounds like it will be a lot of fun building and even more fun running it! Good luck, Ray :thumbup:

Bryson

Haha yeah it should be, thanks bud!

Latest posts

Members online