190/30 Kc Stage 2 Tuning

Petro

Reaction score
Petro, how smokey is your truck? And do you tow at all, how's it do?

I do some light towing, occasionally pull a stock trailer and a flat bed. The EGTs have to be watched but never enough for me to back out of the throttle. As far as smoke output, my truck is very streetable. A little puff here and there and a slight haze all the time but not enough to worry about, if I really get on it it smokes plenty but that's to be expected. There's generally more tire smoke than exhaust smoke lol. It's a very fun setup, I just need more Turbo.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I got it down to the shop today, and we found the pulse width is at 2.4 at wot. Charlie wa saying it should be down around 2.1 to 2.2. Idp never replied to my email today, so i sent them another one with what we found. Hopefully it'll get fixed. I also forgot ihave a bd boost fooler on it. So i'm gonna pull that off and see if it helps at all.

swinky

Reaction score
I don't think 2.1 is going to dump the full 190cc with only a 30 nozzle. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I spoke with Dieselmore today. I was going to try and swing by to check out the truck but I was on the other side of town when he called. He said the truck runs REALLY strong, spools fast and runs fairly clean except at WOT. Truck is holding 4.7v at about 2.4ms of PW. A 64mm turbo will not fully clean up 190cc injectors. Heck even some 66mm and 68mm turbos cannot fully clean up 190cc. If you are worried about the excess smoke at WOT then have them turn down the fuel a little bit on your street tune. 2.0-2.1 should do the trick and make them run just like 175/30... Then when you want to race down the track/dyno you can load up your full fuel race tune.

Also you should definitely get that boost fooler off of there. Let the tuners do their job. By fooling the boost sensor you are basically trying to work around everything the tuners do to get these truck to run right.

Let me know if you are interested in a TSD tune. We can get the Super Panty Dropper tune dialed in and running great.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it a lot as i'm pretty new to screwing with the aftermarket stuff. I had the boost fooler on there to try and help with spool up, and it will be off. As for trying different tunes, i definately will, i just gotta recover fron the chit load of money i've dropped in it lately.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Hey 6.0 Tech.

I know you had said that you had emailed, Ill take a look and see what's the status on it. Give me a call when you have time and we can get some more info and feedback from you.

Thanks,
Alex

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So i spoke with Alex at idp, and got my revised tune tonite. Got it put on the truck and we'll see how she runs. Alex was a ton of help, and it sounds like they should've gotten it this time.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Tony,

Great to talk to you and get the truck running the way you like. Please let me know if there's anything further I or IDP can help with in the future.

Thanks,
Alex

Latest posts

Members online