2001 250 Leveling Kit

TURTLE

Reaction score
Just wanted opinions on the best option for leveling an 01 SD? Everything I've read on here has been a bit expensive. Leaning towards just an add a leaf or a shackle kit. Any sugestions would be great. Website links would be awesome also. Thanks.

kicker417

Reaction score
Quick derail.-- will the leaf pack and shackle work together to make it a 3.5 lift

TURTLE

Reaction score
If you're really on a budget you can find an old set of 450-550 springs & pull the lower 5 out. They are setup almost exactly like that pack.

I can float the $80 thank God. lol But good info none the less.

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
Quick derail.-- will the leaf pack and shackle work together to make it a 3.5 lift

Yes, i have the 2in shackle and the 2.7in leaf pack on mine. At first the front sat about an inch higher than the back, now that its been on there for about 9k miles, it has settled to level. I have an add-a-leaf in the rear as well.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Have you measured to see what height you need?

Best ride quality will always be from using a V code factory spring. You can get a hanger lift in 2,3 and 4.5" which will enhance the ride quality by giving additional travel.

If you want new springs and 2" and the best ride quality get X code springs will ride better than any lift spring.

As always a 2" lift needs longer shocks and requires a adj track bar or a correctly made drop bracket to correct the axle that has now shifted 1/2-3/4" per 2" of lift. Its geometry.. a science. The axle shifting will side load your spring bushings which will cause premature failure and doglegging.

TURTLE

Reaction score
Have you measured to see what height you need?

Best ride quality will always be from using a V code factory spring. You can get a hanger lift in 2,3 and 4.5" which will enhance the ride quality by giving additional travel.

If you want new springs and 2" and the best ride quality get X code springs will ride better than any lift spring.

As always a 2" lift needs longer shocks and requires a adj track bar or a correctly made drop bracket to correct the axle that has now shifted 1/2-3/4" per 2" of lift. Its geometry.. a science. The axle shifting will side load your spring bushings which will cause premature failure and doglegging.

I ended up just ordering an add a leaf today.

Latest posts

Members online