2008 rides like poo. What to do

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
I'm going back to stock shocks and nitto 420's. Unless someone else can sell me on something that rides better then stock?

Edit: don't want to lift the truck either...

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Give Mike a call, or Josh. I'm sure they have both set up more than one truck very well.

MorganM

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a 4800# front coils, with a spacer to be level? I wonder how that would ride?

I believe the leaf springs out back have more impact on the ride...

I feel like removing the overload leaf and using bags would be the best compromise for a good ride and towing capacity.

SlowSmoke

Reaction score
I run 4800 fronts and stock rear leafs. It rides better than the original coils for sure, but he's right, it's hard to soften up the rear. We have taken out the main leaf on guys running 4400 coils and they ride even better. But trac bars are a must.

Cknox121

Reaction score
I may do 4800lb coils keep my leveling kit and run factory shocks for now.

Edit- does anyone know anybody with personal experience using kings?

Cknox121

Reaction score
Thinking about doing the Carlyle KING pin top kit. Anyone run this?

Jomax

Reaction score
The fox 2.0s with resi's from CARLI with their rear leaf pack in the 2.5in lift, will ride just as good as the pintops on the street.

If you plan to go off pavement then get the kings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
The fox 2.0s with resi's from CARLI with their rear leaf pack in the 2.5in lift, will ride just as good as the pintops on the street.

If you plan to go off pavement then get the kings

Thanks!

If I can find a set of 4800lb coils and factory shocks I'm going to try that first before shelling out a lot of cash

Cknox121

Reaction score
So the pintop kit is out the question... What shocks? For a factory suspension.

Jomax

Reaction score
So just do kings for now and then upgrade to the coils and leafs when the money allows?

Well, the shocks you buy from Mike are for stock hight. Maybe those stocks will work for a lift up to 2.5in?

What I'll be doing on my truck is, king adjustable shocks from Mike and CARLI rear add a packs. I'll be removing my rear blocks and using the packs. It will give me a better ride, while not going any higher.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Well, the shocks you buy from Mike are for stock hight. Maybe those stocks will work for a lift up to 2.5in?

What I'll be doing on my truck is, king adjustable shocks from Mike and CARLI rear add a packs. I'll be removing my rear blocks and using the packs. It will give me a better ride, while not going any higher.

That's the main thing, I don't want to go any height, but heard the full leaf replacements are the best. Wonder if you can run the rear leafs with out the block and still be stock height?

Realistically, by the time I by progressive rate coils, leafs and shocks I may as well buy the damn full kit.

Jomax

Reaction score
That's the main thing, I don't want to go any height, but heard the full leaf replacements are the best. Wonder if you can run the rear leafs with out the block and still be stock height?

Realistically, by the time I by progressive rate coils, leafs and shocks I may as well buy the damn full kit.

You will raise the rear about 2in. Carli's full leaf pack removed the blocks completely.

In all honesty, I've had the full CARLI kit. On the highway, it isn't any smoother then stock. It makes holes etc feel like butter. But it's not night and day( these are straight axles in the end) on the street, it's night and day. Going into shopping centers etc, you don't feel the dips etc.

I feel like my truck rides really good with the stock ranchos. So far they still work.

I don't think front springs will make it ride better, I have icon leveling springs on my 7.3 and the 6.7 has a softer front end.

I really feel that using GOOD shocks and stock front springs will give it a really good ride.

Big rims don't help either, I'm running 18x9s and 35s. 50psi in the tires.

I'd help by buying King shocks for me to see the difference. But it's either shocks, or delate the thing. I'm gearing towards delate

Cknox121

Reaction score
You will raise the rear about 2in. Carli's full leaf pack removed the blocks completely.

In all honesty, I've had the full CARLI kit. On the highway, it isn't any smoother then stock. It makes holes etc feel like butter. But it's not night and day( these are straight axles in the end) on the street, it's night and day. Going into shopping centers etc, you don't feel the dips etc.

I feel like my truck rides really good with the stock ranchos. So far they still work.

I don't think front springs will make it ride better, I have icon leveling springs on my 7.3 and the 6.7 has a softer front end.

I really feel that using GOOD shocks and stock front springs will give it a really good ride.

Big rims don't help either, I'm running 18x9s and 35s. 50psi in the tires.

I'd help by buying King shocks for me to see the difference. But it's either shocks, or delate the thing. I'm gearing towards delate

I may just buy some fox's then

Latest posts

Members online