2013 Dyno results

Broke 20

Reaction score
Finally got the chance to take my truck to a dyno day yesterday and I was pretty excited because I don't seem to find many guys strapping a '13 or '14 to a dyno with sp@rtan tunes.

Mods list-
Ngauge (dyno'd w/ 200 war hammer tune)
FloPro 5" exhaust
NoLimit Stage 2 intake
H&S hard pipe kit
Edge CTS2 for the feel goods

The truck was pretty consistent across all three pulls, but the best run was 444whp and 1008 ft lb. I don't know if I got my hopes up, but I feel like I should have seen a little higher numbers? Any one else strapped in a '13/'14 with the same tunes?

Broke 20

Reaction score
Should be emailed to me this week. About 50 trucks were on the dyno over the weekend but I hope to get it soon.

Hottrod81

Reaction score
I have been told that is about all the 13's can make giving the lack and fuel and air. If it was hot outside that really could have affected it

Broke 20

Reaction score
I tried messaging Sp@rtan fir the newest version (don't know if I have it) but I never got message back. I am not on forums very often so I don't keep up with updates as well as most. It wasn't hot up here in AK...upper 50's and raining. The dyno was maybe 50ft above sea level and was a dynojet

Reaction score
Fwiw just did our 14 stock with just H&S hot tune and exhaust and made 417hp . This is our baseline before we dyno it one more time with our turbo kit before we change the file.

Notneb

Reaction score
I mean you're not gonna get much out of that twin scroll, it's such a hot garbage turbo...

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
The 11-14 trucks are usually good for 490 to 495 rwhp, but loading is critical to see the numbers.

If you aren't on an eddy current dyno and are running inertial only, 440 to 450 is about the best you can hope for.

If you have a local shop that has an eddy current dyno, you'll be much happier with the results there.

Broke 20

Reaction score
Updated with the dyno sheet. I am not trying to bash Sp@rtan in any way with this thread. I just want to make sure my truck is running on par with where it should be. I love how it drives and look forward to the future progress of these tunes.

All three runs were very consistent. You could tell the third run was starting to heat soak a bit, but they did the runs all in a very quick sequence so thats to be expected.

Liffick_6.7_zpssb3s7gqi.png

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
my 13 did 440 on stock tires with aggressive custom mcc tuning and a loaded dynojet. 13-14 WILL not make the 475 like a 11-12 , unless the tuner can somehow get them to make boost over 30 psi , and will help aid in grenading your turbo ! 443 is not all that bad .

ckrueg

Reaction score
my 13 did 440 on stock tires with aggressive custom mcc tuning and a loaded dynojet. 13-14 WILL not make the 475 like a 11-12 , unless the tuner can somehow get them to make boost over 30 psi , and will help aid in grenading your turbo ! 443 is not all that bad .
Is there any way to make the 13-14 trucks make more boost and power? Even with a 15 style vgt?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stokt

Reaction score

Why do the 11s and 12s make more power than 13-14? I thought they were identical other than possible differences in the factory programming, but wouldn't custom tunes negate that?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Why do the 11s and 12s make more power than 13-14? I thought they were identical other than possible differences in the factory programming, but wouldn't custom tunes negate that?

because a 13-14 is boost limited in the pcm .

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
But isn't the point of custom tuning to defeat limits like that in the PCM?? hardware being the same from 11-12 to 13-14, tuning should be the only difference. I'm sure Sp@rtan hasn't overlooked that have they?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Please see my response about engine loading. Was this dyno using an eddy current? If not, you will not see proper numbers (they will be low). I could be wrong, but that graph looks unloaded to me.

As for boost and power numbers, our 13/14 tuning is not boost limited. They will produce identical numbers to our 11/12 tuning.

I also see these numbers are uncorrected. Depending on altitude and temperature, there could be a large discrepancy there.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
But isn't the point of custom tuning to defeat limits like that in the PCM?? hardware being the same from 11-12 to 13-14, tuning should be the only difference. I'm sure Sp@rtan hasn't overlooked that have they?

i only used MCC , and only had a stock turbo for a month or 2 , but at that time MCC could not get a higher boost pressure than 29 .

look above , ******* says they have conquered that. its just really a aspect i never chased as the 11-14 turbo is a timebomb at power levels that make more than 475 .

has anyone ever seen the turbo RPM rates at 32 psi ? its 180,000 .. and at 35 psi , it pegs the RPM gauge at 200,000 .. not sure who in their right mind wants their turbo spinning at that RPM . and people wonder why their turbo fails, well because it was a pos at 22 psi .

ckrueg

Reaction score
i only used MCC , and only had a stock turbo for a month or 2 , but at that time MCC could not get a higher boost pressure than 29 .

look above , ******* says they have conquered that. its just really a aspect i never chased as the 11-14 turbo is a timebomb at power levels that make more than 475 .

has anyone ever seen the turbo RPM rates at 32 psi ? its 180,000 .. and at 35 psi , it pegs the RPM gauge at 200,000 .. not sure who in their right mind wants their turbo spinning at that RPM . and people wonder why their turbo fails, well because it was a pos at 22 psi .
I wonder if anyone who has done a 2015 style swap can get more boost than that. I'm looking at 6.7s and don't want to be limited by getting a 13-14 even after I swap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
but a 2011 or 2012 truck with a 15 turbo swap or something like say a 62.5 towmax or 65.5 streetmax is still limited to what the high pressure fuel pump can do right? sorry i'm asking because it's been several months since i last read up on this on this forum

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.