2013 Platinum 6.7 Motor Build

dseitler

Reaction score
OUO Install.

8e24aa1b41ee6f79336dd7ad75440bc2.jpg

f4fdf378c56db16433badceb1b8c03ff.jpg

3ce712faa1de77550f3e839d6948635d.jpg

a36050b5cfa538eab264c09d92dd9c4f.jpg

Front complete. Now it's time to cut the new 5600 coils and install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halestorm55

Reaction score
Just the visual transformation the truck has undertaken is awesome. Then you throw in what else it has done and this truck is just amazing.

looking up parts

dseitler

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Drove around town then on the Turnpike for 41 miles. It's all about the handling and the ride for me. After having so many lifted trucks I didn't want anything to do with a lift. With advice from Jared and Mike and also helps with the other builds we have done I figured this is the best for my usage. I have the shock towers and will be going Coil Overs but that's for next year. For now we ordered shorter King Bypass shocks from Mike and a Hellwig rear stabilizer bar and that will finish us till then.
The ride is amazing and the truck sticks like glue to the road just like I wanted it to. At 90 mph it handles like a race car is the best way to describe it. It corners great and we really leaned on it hard thru a bunch of back road turns. Need the rear bar for sure. If my Trans was in better shape it would have been perfect. Highly recommend this setup instead of a lift. The shocks will make it even better next weekend.
Still have not run her at the track since the motor build. Now that the suspension is almost done the last piece is the Trans which I should have shortly. My only regret is I didn't do a -12 offset with the 12 wide wheels. At the time they were impossible to find. In still thinking of painting the factor fender flares and installing them on the Platinum color match of coarse. Like your opinions on that. Reason being to protect the side of the truck but it might look really weird. Let me know. Dan

Jomax

Reaction score
Drilled - Slotted and Dimpled Rotors plus the Ceramic pads. All the way around. Wilwood had nothing for a 13 when it comes to brakes which sucks. I need it anyways for towing.

Aren't ceramic pads a step backwards? I would think carbon metallic pads would be way better.

MorganM

Reaction score
Do you have any sense that the ouo 3 link allows any more travel before the axle hits the frame?

I'm 2" lower, and even with very stiff springs and flat bump stops, I get frame/axle interference on certain roads.

dseitler

Reaction score
Do you have any sense that the ouo 3 link allows any more travel before the axle hits the frame?

I'm 2" lower, and even with very stiff springs and flat bump stops, I get frame/axle interference on certain roads.

Are you sure it's not your shocks that are bottoming out? You might have changed them already but I had to purchase shorter shocks.
There is a welded on eye for straps on the top of the top link. That would hit the frame first. Look at the bottom of the frame where the strap bolt eyelet is on the driver side and see if it is marking the frame. If not its your shocks.

f47557a371f904224e4c1ab943d36f82.jpg

dseitler

Reaction score
Aren't ceramic pads a step backwards? I would think carbon metallic pads would be way better.

They might be but I'm trying to get away from the rusty brake dust which can ruin certain aluminum wheels. When I ordered the parts I ordered the best that they offer. Have not installed them yet but plan on next weekend.

Jomax

Reaction score
They might be but I'm trying to get away from the rusty brake dust which can ruin certain aluminum wheels. When I ordered the parts I ordered the best that they offer. Have not installed them yet but plan on next weekend.

I see. Let me know how they work

sootie

Reaction score
Ceramic brake pads absolutely suck on trucks this heavy...

Love what you did with the truck tho-looks sweet.

dseitler

Reaction score
Looks like my old girl made it into Diesel Power Mag. A very good friend of mine just sent this to me. This is from last October. Problem is I ran a 7.09 not a high 7. LOL

af58cb441f69ddf42c17d1033127cbcc.jpg

4c1d6727c15c9c0cd07cbe4408a8b4f3.jpg

359e0b51111d02b1eb5de83b41912d32.jpg

dseitler

Reaction score
Trans install should be finished on Friday late afternoon but while we had a few min this morning we installed our new presents from Mike @ No Limit! Thanks Mike I can't believe the difference these shocks made and you nailed the length perfectly. No more bottoming out. Perfect!

65a17fd026e29b1499f68b94bcbeaa9d.jpg

45d02ea2a5176857e8fe483e1f0c1792.jpg

Latest posts

Members online