2013 questions

strokr06

Reaction score
Does anyone know of changes done to the '13 models that wernt done to the first '11 or'12
Models. Are the ceramic ball bearings that were used in the first models still used?
is this a weak point? Why did the have turbo failures on stock pick ups (not just c&c)
And dont seem to have them now? Ive just deleted and tuned mine but only run the tow tune
sorry for the new b questions. Im just trying to educate myself on this truck as much as i can
Besides my routine maintenance to make this truck last as long as possible. And wonder if there are any problem areas I should focus on. If there are any lol. Thanks:swordfight::shrug:

mfoltz

Reaction score
I think they just rebalance the turbo but that might of been on the 12 I haven't notice as much turbo failure on 13 or 14s either

strokr06

Reaction score
Ya there doesnt seem to be to many turbo failure claims on the 13 and 14's
So maybe there isnt any problem areas on these trucks after that DPFis gone and EGR is disabled. I still need to remove EGR. I cant read EGT anywhere until thats done. Right?

PDT1081

Reaction score
Ya there doesnt seem to be to many turbo failure claims on the 13 and 14's
So maybe there isnt any problem areas on these trucks after that DPFis gone and EGR is disabled. I still need to remove EGR. I cant read EGT anywhere until thats done. Right?

12,500 miles my 13 went in for the DEF heater. They said it was the second one they had done, but I don't know if that was 13 specific, or 6.7 in general.

strokr06

Reaction score
I'm at 35k now and have only had the driveshaft replaced due to a vibration under load. With all that i keep reading it eases my mind about these trucks having a bunch of loaded up problems like some of our past ford trucks. I am a previous 6.0 owner (2006 bulletproofed and custom tuned) I absolutely loved and miss that truck. sold it with 385k miles still running like a champ. So i was one of the lucky 6 uh oh owners. this 6.7 is has so much more towing capability I just hope it has good reliability. And really hope deleting and tuning was a good move

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.