murray711

Reaction score
Probably in KPa which is right in line with normal atmospheric

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Well I've checked everything I can think of and more and I can't figure it out

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

redneck1

Reaction score
How long has it been since you changed your fuel filters? My truck makes a similar noise under hard acceleration, although not as loud, but shows no codes on my ez lynk. However it shows a soft code on forscan as a high fuel pressure code. Don't know if it's connected with the noise but it made me think of it when I watched your video. What are you scanning codes with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

murray711

Reaction score
How long has it been since you changed your fuel filters? My truck makes a similar noise under hard acceleration, although not as loud, but shows no codes on my ez lynk. However it shows a soft code on forscan as a high fuel pressure code. Don't know if it's connected with the noise but it made me think of it when I watched your video. What are you scanning codes with?

I just replaced them both when I did the the ****** along with a oil change

murray711

Reaction score

I'm scanning with the live wire and it was saying 1dtc but wouldn't read it so I took it to Napa and it was a p1247 code but sense I unplugged the egr plug I forgot it hasn't showed back u. I just put everything back to stock and completely factory reset my sct and ******d the custom tunes and did a firmware upgrade to the tuner disconnected the battery terminals for 30min and reloaded everything so I'm hoping this fixes it

redneck1

Reaction score
I'm scanning with the live wire and it was saying 1dtc but wouldn't read it so I took it to Napa and it was a p1247 code but sense I unplugged the egr plug I forgot it hasn't showed back u. I just put everything back to stock and completely factory reset my sct and ******d the custom tunes and did a firmware upgrade to the tuner disconnected the battery terminals for 30min and reloaded everything so I'm hoping this fixes it

Sounds like work! I feel your pain, man. Stuff like this is frustrating to get to the bottom of. Did you put the factory tune back on then?

murray711

Reaction score
Sounds like work! I feel your pain, man. Stuff like this is frustrating to get to the bottom of. Did you put the factory tune back on then?

It is driving me absolutely out of my mind I can't stand having something wrong with my truck and not be able to figure it out

redneck1

Reaction score
It is driving me absolutely out of my mind I can't stand having something wrong with my truck and not be able to figure it out

If you have a go pro you can start mounting it different places and locate sounds. Works good for under the truck but I've never tried it under the hood, lol. Did you check your idler pulleys, tensioner, etc? You still have the factory plastic intercooler pipe? If so check that for cracks.

Last edited:

murray711

Reaction score
Well it turns out my truck doesn't like any other tune except the exhaust break tunes loaded them up and problem solved? Really weird I know also my mpg increased by just over 3mpg

andrewtac

Reaction score
I just replaced them both when I did the the ****** along with a oil change

Have you verified the LP fuel filter is tight all the way to the stop. When I did my dual fuel I also did the filters. Made weird noise and ran like crap at WOT. I had to slow down to make it run correctly. It was sucking air or draining the rail, as later I found out hand tight was not to the stop. I was worried about breaking it, so I got it hand tight. Anyways, I tried several different tunes. Finally made the connection, went under the truck and noticed it was clocked correctly but one turn short of hitting the hard stop.

Latest posts

Members online