2015 truck turbo upgrade?

Reaction score
fb676528c0153fd4c97c4e287c6a2fd5.jpg
815fc80d5155d2b7c56d657ad5e8d7d0.jpg

Mmmmmmhmm polished....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
When he does we got that covered! We gained 50hp over single pump tuning after adding dual pumps on a StreetMaxR truck.

650 on a 65.5 is very fun... 6670 can do over 700 though.

https://youtu.be/9xNP_lx7eiM because everyone likes a sound clip.

So, if I get a street max turbo, would that get me to 650? Or do I have to then get dual fuel pumps?

sootie

Reaction score
So a 15 pump is tapped out at 600?

i erased my post because i believe the tuning is coming along and they are actually getting more out of them on stock 2015 fuel now...i dont want to spread false info.

Jomax

Reaction score
i erased my post because i believe the tuning is coming along and they are actually getting more out of them on stock 2015 fuel now...i dont want to spread false info.

No worries, thanks for the reply!

sootie

Reaction score
Fuel pump is tapped out.

that being said, the nozzles become a limiting factor shortly after that. pulse width can only be stretched out so far.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
dual pumps for SURE ! no reason to make a cp4 works its balls off and risk failure .

maxxedout

Reaction score
It's just a shame that dual fuelers require ditching the secondary alternator...

Unfortunately, there's just no way around that, is there?

Reaction score
So, if I get a street max turbo, would that get me to 650? Or do I have to then get dual fuel pumps?

Let me put it this way, on a ******d 2015 with custom files we gained 60 hp over the stock turbo with a StreetMaxR. With dual fuelers and all the other supporting mods we've seen at least 50hp gain past that when dual fuelers are added.

That Dyno did not read 600 with a stock turbo. It read 536. On the overwhelming majority of trucks and dyno's I have experience with, 600 on a stock turbo is not gonna happen. Which means 650 on stock fuel and upgraded turbo isn't either.

Not saying some dyno's will not say 600 on a stock turbo, but I've yet to see any numbers backed up by it.

Why such marginal gains with more fuel? Is it the injector tips not flowing enough?

700 on 90% of dyno's is about tops on stock nozzles. The StreetMaxR is not capable of fully utilizing max fuel that dual pumps and stock nozzles flow. At that point you will need to step up your turbo.

At that point, is it not worth just jumping up to a duel fuel setup?

Depends on where your at with your truck. If your not going to be satisfied with stock fuel output, the safest bet is to run dual pumps. Just because the dual pumps are capable of 1000hp worth of fuel, doesn't mean you can't use them totally fine at 6-700 hp.

It's just a shame that dual fuelers require ditching the secondary alternator...

Unfortunately, there's just no way around that, is there?

Imo, unless you run a ridiculous amount of electrical power, the dual alternators are a moot point. We run an electric dump trailer, all day long on our single alternator truck. Most all the snow plow trucks we've done only have a single alternator and all the F-series fire trucks we service for 3 different fire departments have single Alt's. If you really need 200 amps you can also buy the larger output single alternator. Just depends on what you use your truck for. I personally have only seen a couple few dedicated trucks that have an actual need for dual alternators, and they had some serious equipment running off of them.

To remove the dual alternators is simple to do. Just depends how the person needs their truck. We have removed plenty of them on customers trucks.

jensenrcng

Reaction score
How does a dual fuel set up work? Besides the basic dual fueling... LOL!!! does it add extra fuel lines and pump?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
How does a dual fuel set up work? Besides the basic dual fueling... LOL!!! does it add extra fuel lines and pump?

ties into the rail , and the pump runs off the belt up front. easy peasy !

maxxedout

Reaction score
Imo, unless you run a ridiculous amount of electrical power, the dual alternators are a moot point. We run an electric dump trailer, all day long on our single alternator truck. Most all the snow plow trucks we've done only have a single alternator and all the F-series fire trucks we service for 3 different fire departments have single Alt's. If you really need 200 amps you can also buy the larger output single alternator. Just depends on what you use your truck for. I personally have only seen a couple few dedicated trucks that have an actual need for dual alternators, and they had some serious equipment running off of them.

To remove the dual alternators is simple to do. Just depends how the person needs their truck. We have removed plenty of them on customers trucks.

I know I'm comparing an apple to a banana here, but the single alternator on my 6.0 sucked, so when I ordered my 6.7, I added dual alternators. Again, I know the 6.7 alternator is WAYYY better, but I ordered the truck this way, so.....

When I get to the point of needing more fuel, I guess I'll have to suck it up, and ditch the second alternator. Oh well haha.

Reaction score

It adds a second pump, lines and harness etc. The dual fueler in all essence does not add anything to the truck as far as fuel. You can use it at purely stock power levels. Just buy having a second pump doesn't mean the truck will run any different at all. The point of the dual pump is to allow the tune writer to command more fuel if so desired.

Some people have the notion that dual fuelers are a sure ticket to blow out a rod. They think that dual fueler adds fuel all the time, which is simply not true at all. We have lots of guys on stock bottom ends and dual pumps living fine because we tune it accordingly. A stock bottom end file with dual pumps doesn't have anymore fuel than the single pump tunes we write. So therefore, it's for the most part, no more likely to hurt your engine that it is with a single pump.

Reaction score
I know I'm comparing an apple to a banana here, but the single alternator on my 6.0 sucked, so when I ordered my 6.7, I added dual alternators. Again, I know the 6.7 alternator is WAYYY better, but I ordered the truck this way, so.....

When I get to the point of needing more fuel, I guess I'll have to suck it up, and ditch the second alternator. Oh well haha.

Understood. Yeah, it just depends on what your doing.

Latest posts

Members online