2015 Tuned DPF (on) vs non DPF 2012

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Sad day for me but great for future buyers and mommas ego :doh:

Her 2015 with Eric's DPF on tunes all else stock just walked my 12 with Eric's non DPF tunes, AFE Momentum intake and 4" strait exhaust :toast:
She put 2 truck links on me by 80mph(closed course) needless to say I was very impressed.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

Her 2015 with Eric's DPF on tunes all else stock just walked my 12 with Eric's non DPF tunes, AFE Momentum intake and 4" strait exhaust :toast:
She put 2 truck links on me by 80mph(closed course) needless to say I was very impressed.

Nice

Dzchey21

Reaction score

I've got a half hair brained idea to push a truck with a DPF on to the limits.
I think 600+ might be possible on a stock DPF

oxcobra

Reaction score
I think it's very possible it's just gonna be the regens that are gonna more frequent but makes for a fun sleeper to drive.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I think it's very possible it's just gonna be the regens that are gonna more frequent but makes for a fun sleeper to drive.

Honestly, I don't think regens will be that bad paired with the right turbo and fuel tables. It will take custom tuning for sure

Dzchey21

Reaction score

I think the key would be running the truck without the dpf to get the tuning right to limit the smoke, and then making sure that turbos spool quickly i think it would work with limited regens.

oxcobra

Reaction score
I think the key would be running the truck without the dpf to get the tuning right to limit the smoke, and then making sure that turbos spool quickly i think it would work with limited regens.

I agree with that completely. Get it lit quickly to clean it up as fast as possible. Maybe that's why I notice such harsh regens right now is with the lag it currently has.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I wanna try that industrial compound set up that adds a 75mm plus the stock turbo. Dallas Penn has one for sale i would like but...

I think it would work he made 660 hp with a delete and dual fuelers and the turbo kit. and absolutely no smoke

I think with a dpf 600 hp would be possible

RedRice589

Reaction score
I wanna try that industrial compound set up that adds a 75mm plus the stock turbo. Dallas Penn has one for sale i would like but...

I think it would work he made 660 hp with a delete and dual fuelers and the turbo kit. and absolutely no smoke

I think with a dpf 600 hp would be possible

I saw that and I've talked to him about it. If the factory turbo wasn't so crappy. I'd love to see what it would do with a '15 turn and tuning. He'll just a '15 turbo and a Dpf is pretty damn snappy I'll bet.

I would drive the crap out of a 600 horse dpf truck

Agreed.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Why?? Aren't you still voiding the warranty and pushing that crap back in your engine??

I don't buy trucks for their warranty, I buy them to use.
There are no non DPF tunes for a 15 right now and we might as well start getting used to the idea of running DPF's on the street, starting now will get us ahead of the curve. Rumor is 2016 will rely less on EGR and more on def fluid.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
If only we could use def only with no egr, that would be great!

I think a full emissions build would be great and would make the Ford camp and diesels look good.

Chris

CATDiezel

Reaction score
If anyone gets a chance and wants an idea of the future look at CASE tractor engines...

NO DPF, only urea injection. And NO EGR.

They have made artwork out of tuning and injection events.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
If only we could use def only with no egr, that would be great!
I think a full emissions build would be great and would make the Ford camp and diesels look good.

Chris

If anyone gets a chance and wants an idea of the future look at CASE tractor engines...

NO DPF, only urea injection. And NO EGR.

They have made artwork out of tuning and injection events.

We(me and a certain tuner) are working on limited egr use/events and a clean transition thru the power curve to limit regeneration cycles.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
CASE has kept a close tab and lock on their new developments. Their ploy is to squash John Deere with engine reliability with no DPF and NO EGR.

I visit a church in Lancaster Pennsylvania that just happened to have two important guys in it. One that works with Bosch fuel injection and one that works with CASE engineering and sales.

They were tight lipped but did give the info that was very promising to having a NO DPF engine that surpassed emissions regulations. I don't know anymore than what a man can find doing some research on the newest CASE INTERNATIONAL engines.

Just some food for thought for the guys that like to do research.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.