2015 Tuned DPF (on) vs non DPF 2012

CATDiezel

Reaction score
David.

To make this really work you need to invest in a ECOM emissions analyzer. (If you already haven't) it's an expensive tool but worth it's weight in Gold. I use one frequently. And having used about all the upper end devices (affordable upper end) ECOM would be your ABSOLUTE best tuning tool. Hands down over a testo.

$10-11k for an entry level one.

When we do state testing we contract it out. There emissions equipment ranges in the $90 - 100k range.

Just throwing it out there for some food for thought if your tuning is based on emissions.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Why?? Aren't you still voiding the warranty and pushing that crap back in your engine??

Its not the warranty. I want true smoke free horse power. I want to stab the throttle whenever i want at altitude with no smoke. None at all not even a puff.

Its been past the 600hp mark...hell it's been north of it.

on a ford 6.7? got anymore info as i dont think i've ever seen anyone really try

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Air flow is going to be the major consideration. At some point the dpf is going to restrict exhaust flow and not allow for good spool up of larger atmospheric turbos. I was thinking a s475 is probably about as big as you want to go. Maybe S480.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
And that's what I want to find out is making it run clean and warm enough to avoid regents constantly right now I regen about every 300 miles

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
If anyone gets a chance and wants an idea of the future look at CASE tractor engines...

NO DPF, only urea injection. And NO EGR.

They have made artwork out of tuning and injection events.

Always cool to hear things like this. This is an industry that will allows be innovative, diesel motorsports isn't going away....with the right people.

Latest posts

Members online