2015 Tuning Updates???

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Yeah I think 330 rwhp stock > 160 all day...

But I guess tuned with a drop in turbo kit to make 500-550 6.7 must be way more expensive than a fully built forged rod, big oil, big fuel, big air 7.3 to make 550....

You guys are so sensitive it makes me laugh!!

Are your pants getting tight?

So I bought a terminator pump #3 like 8 years ago. Did I get screwed when I put a relatively stock truck engine on on a chassis load cell dyno in Tulsa oklahoma and tipped over 525 hp in a F550 with a autocrane bed with a used 38r and at the time 200cc smokey outdated singles. It only saw 150,000 miles like that.... lol.

I had roughly $4500 in parts... granted I got got the pumps from joey cheap due to some testing in the beginning. A used 38r from nate off of his first excursion and the injectors from Cass before he took a credit card (bean paid him) lol. OH and my old tunes from Tony wild man from 3 trucks previous to that one. Never had the engine out or heads off. Stout rig I must say. I was shocked to be honest. Kept a built spare in the shop... just in case.

I know... it wasn't as refined as a 6.7L. Believe me. I'm with you guys on it! Just ribbin!!

I look forward to more of the test result from your billet 15' upgrade!! (Not just it feels good and I'm smiling still data)

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

So I bought a terminator pump #3 like 8 years ago. Did I get screwed when I put a relatively stock truck engine on on a chassis load cell dyno in Tulsa oklahoma and tipped over 525 hp in a F550 with a autocrane bed with a used 38r and at the time 200cc smokey outdated singles. It only saw 150,000 miles like that.... lol.

I had roughly $4500 in parts... granted I got got the pumps from joey cheap due to some testing in the beginning. A used 38r from nate off of his first excursion and the injectors from Cass before he took a credit card (bean paid him) lol. OH and my old tunes from Tony wild man from 3 trucks previous to that one. Never had the engine out or heads off. Stout rig I must say. I was shocked to be honest. Kept a built spare in the shop... just in case.

I know... it wasn't as refined as a 6.7L. Believe me. I'm with you guys on it! Just ribbin!!

I look forward to more of the test result from your billet 15' upgrade!! (Not just it feels good and I'm smiling still data)

prologue to your autobiography ?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
prologue to your autobiography ?

Yes. How the 7.3L paid for my retirement. Lol

Sorry I write to much detail. In a new world of geeky hash tag only phrased incomplete sentence no detail penis joke crowds with plastic cards... LOL

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes. How the 7.3L paid for my retirement. Lol

Sorry I write to much detail. In a new world of geeky hash tag only phrased incomplete sentence no detail penis joke crowds with plastic cards... LOL

you're retired ? congrats !

Reaction score

Lol, if you think I am worked up.. You seriously underestimate me.

But I did have a 66mm, 300cc, big oil 7.3.... It lasted 5000 miles before it blew forged rods all over the interstate 6 hours from home with a trailer behind it.... The bottom end was factory untouched just studs, springs and pushrods...

But I guess since yours lasted then it must be true!

No!

So the 2015 tuning... Lol...

What's with Ford offering the high suffer tuning.

Is that what Morgan is running on his?

I have my dpf on my truck running full emissions on performance tuning with a StreetMax and a 5" no-limit cai.

So until I dyno, I don't have much to say other than it drives nice and has a lot more power than it did. Pulls a trailer good and so far has averaged 2mpg more with the tune intake and turbo combo vs stock. I do however wish the shift points were higher. But I wished that with the factory calibration. It's always downshifting.

mattmal9

Reaction score
I have my dpf on my truck running full emissions on performance tuning with a StreetMax and a 5" no-limit cai.

Kind of off topic I think, but how have these truck been doing with DPF on performance tuning over a extended amount time? (even with the 11-14's) Does the filter clog up more or less, or does anything else fail? I know deleting is the way to go, I just haven't read much on anything like that.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Kind of off topic I think, but how have these truck been doing with DPF on performance tuning over a extended amount time? (even with the 11-14's) Does the filter clog up more or less, or does anything else fail? I know deleting is the way to go, I just haven't read much on anything like that.

I've been tuned since 2k miles. No issues yet at 480hp.

Reaction score

So far or doesn't seem to regen much differently than stock. I've got about 2k miles on my new 64mm setup and dpf on. I love it. By far the most powerful dpf equipped truck I've been around.

mattmal9

Reaction score

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I check their website and call them every day with the same result:

Apex Tuning - Coming Soon :(

Yeah I seen that about a month 1/2 ago lol

I believe there's already companies using them to test on the 15s

Yup I saw it awhile ago LOL its just for the people who are curious to see what this "new apex" device look like. MCC............. ;)

ftast350

Reaction score
If you search apextuning.ca there's a 1(800) or something number, I called it and sure enough it's "you've reached h and s". Haha

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.