Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diezel_Dawg

Reaction score

CATDiezel

Reaction score
KR and Platinum F-450s with 30k lbs on em. ]
d63f5e788e2780516ee1ac44594c572c.jpg

Demos truck as a pro. Fails at strapping down load properly!!! LOL....

What about the rear blocks. Relying on the plastic wrap to hold them?!

uga33

Reaction score
Demos truck as a pro. Fails at strapping down load properly!!! LOL....

What about the rear blocks. Relying on the plastic wrap to hold them?!

Before I went to work with the power company, I delivered hardscape material on an International straight truck. We always shrink wrapped them and used aluminum angle with plywood to spread the clamping of the strap across all the top blocks to strap em down

If wrapped enough and placed tight up against the pallet in front of it, it ain't going no where. Been through quite a few weigh scales like that and they haven't said the first thing about it.

Plus, Ford loaded em. I wasn't about to risk not getting to drive em because of a technicality.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yea, that block isn't going anywhere. I worked in a shipping facility and used that wrap long enough that I can tell there's plenty on there to hold them. The whole pallet would have to go or all of the blocks would have to go as one big block for that to move.

Last edited:

uga33

Reaction score
Yea, that block isn't going anywhere. I worked in a shopping facility and used that wrap long enough that I can tell there's plenty on there to hold them. The whole pallet would have to go or all of the blocks would have to go as one big block for that to move.

Yep. A good wrap is about impossible to pull apart unless you cut it.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Yea, that block isn't going anywhere. I worked in a shipping facility and used that wrap long enough that I can tell there's plenty on there to hold them. The whole pallet would have to go or all of the blocks would have to go as one big block for that to move.

It's still unsafe. I've been around trucking and heavy hall all my life. Wrap doesn't = strap.

Call acme brick and ABC block and ask them why they no longer use wrap and now band down the materials....

I didn't say it just to be cute... it would be one thing if the wrapped product was towards the front of the trailer. But not at the rear. Ask any highway DOT bear. (Of which course I received the same certification they have)

UGA23
Anyways!!!! Glad your getting to promo the truck and enjoy driving that beast...

Question is what do they do with the demo trucks when done demoing?

Last edited:

uga33

Reaction score
It's still unsafe. I've been around trucking and heavy hall all my life. Wrap doesn't = strap.

Call acme brick and ABC block and ask them why they no longer use wrap and now band down the materials....

I didn't say it just to be cute... it would be one thing if the wrapped product was towards the front of the trailer. But not at the rear. Ask any highway DOT bear. (Of which course I received the same certification they have)

UGA23
Anyways!!!! Glad your getting to promo the truck and enjoy driving that beast...

Question is what do they do with the demo trucks when done demoing?

Those trucks will be used for promos and media events. When they are done, some with low miles and in great shape could be sent back to KTP for a thorough inspection and possibly sold.

The rest will live a life at some testing ground or other Ford facility. The older trucks will be crushed.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Those trucks will be used for promos and media events. When they are done, some with low miles and in great shape could be sent back to KTP for a thorough inspection and possibly sold.

The rest will live a life at some testing ground or other Ford facility. The older trucks will be crushed.

I just saw two of them today being brought back to MI from Colorado. A red drw f350 gasser and a blue ccsb f350 psd

TyCorr

Reaction score
Sweet. What were your impressions seeing them in person?

Pretty cool. I don't know lol. Looks like a truck lol

One thing i saw that made me kinda cringe was the rear center cap on the srw truck looked like a manual locking hub. It was odd looking.

The tailgates are pretty sweet.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
While you are at it ask him why all the long bed crew cabs bounce at 45 mph.

My 07 short bed bounces at 45... Its just less obvious in a short bed. My 08 long bed bounces badly.

If you want to drive a ford you just accept that it'll have a 45mph bounce haha.

sootie

Reaction score
I would be shocked if the 2017 trucks have the hop with how the new frames are designed

Jomax

Reaction score
My 07 short bed bounces at 45... Its just less obvious in a short bed. My 08 long bed bounces badly.

If you want to drive a ford you just accept that it'll have a 45mph bounce haha.

What size rims on your trucks?

Latest posts

Members online