2017 Build and Price Is Up!

morepower02

Reaction score
Pretty cool. I don't know lol. Looks like a truck lol

One thing i saw that made me kinda cringe was the rear center cap on the srw truck looked like a manual locking hub. It was odd looking.

The tailgates are pretty sweet.

I posted on the hub caps the other day. Glad to see its not only me that thinks a imitation locking hub for the rear hubcap is ugly as hell.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I posted on the hub caps the other day. Glad to see its not only me that thinks a imitation locking hub for the rear hubcap is ugly as hell.

Not a great look unless you really love Warn Hubs.

The color I saw was interesting on the diesel i saw. It was reminiscent of the wedgewood blue on the 01-03s. I had two trucks that color so Im good on ever going there again lol.

We all know Ford is gonna sell the heck out of these. The transport driver said hes going to unload his 13 platinum with 17k miles on it to get a 17.

smcox1

Reaction score
KR and Platinum F-450s with 30k lbs on em. Shot of the conventional hitch and the Dana M300 axle.

d63f5e788e2780516ee1ac44594c572c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm assuming this truck was used in this video.
https://youtu.be/Dzx7SL5AbE0
Pretty impressive.

Diezel_Dawg

Reaction score
I am really digging those LED headlights. Glad I got them on my order

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
As we get closer I keep hoping to hear about an FX4 package like the '08-'10 had or an XLT Sport like the current 150's have. It would fit what I'm after to a T. I don't mind an XLT, but would like a little bit more, yet not quite a Lariat.

smcox1

Reaction score
Just on trim pieces.

I wonder if its chip guard?

Seeing all these pictures is just depressing me LOL I'm really wanting one but not wanting to pay the price for a new truck. If only you could get the twin panel moon roof and led head/tail lights in an xl 450 Id be set lol. I can't wait to see what people start doing to them mod wise.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score

Seeing all these pictures is just depressing me LOL I'm really wanting one but not wanting to pay the price for a new truck. If only you could get the twin panel moon roof and led head/tail lights in an xl 450 Id be set lol. I can't wait to see what people start doing to them mod wise.

Idk. I just figure its orangepeel on stuff that was oainted fast.

dsberman94

Reaction score
What truck since 09 hasn't had orange peel on it from the factory? 2013 f150 had it. 2015 f150 has it. I expect nothing less from a robot.

Layson

Reaction score

What sucks is I am sure these trucks will be like the F150s. You can't just swap out the halogen headlights for the LED ones. The are so much more complicated. Kind of sucks so then you have to buy the model that has them on it just to get it...LOL. I am sure someday you can add them but I bet its like a 2-3k kind of deal...LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
What sucks is I am sure these trucks will be like the F150s. You can't just swap out the halogen headlights for the LED ones. The are so much more complicated. Kind of sucks so then you have to buy the model that has them on it just to get it...LOL. I am sure someday you can add them but I bet its like a 2-3k kind of deal...LOL

I didnt pay attention during the process but are non led/hid even available? If so, why. From a safety perspective its dumb of them not to just put them in all the trucks.

They used to be an option in other ford vehicles save for the superduty our 16 sport explorer had them because the sports have hid's. But now all 16 exploders have them. My fusion had them and I dont recall ordering them as extra. It was a 16 as well.

TyCorr

Reaction score
What truck since 09 hasn't had orange peel on it from the factory? 2013 f150 had it. 2015 f150 has it. I expect nothing less from a robot.

Depends on the paint. Ive bought six ford vehicles since 2011 and none had OP. But i sure as shti have seen it on some others.

smcox1

Reaction score
I didnt pay attention during the process but are non led/hid even available? If so, why. From a safety perspective its dumb of them not to just put them in all the trucks.

They used to be an option in other ford vehicles save for the superduty our 16 sport explorer had them because the sports have hid's. But now all 16 exploders have them. My fusion had them and I dont recall ordering them as extra. It was a 16 as well.

Yup they have regular halogen lights as well. I don't know why they all don't get the led lights on the new Chevy's I've noticed that even the cheap work trucks have the led running lights.

Layson

Reaction score
It is all money. Normal guy that uses his truck for work would probably could care less about the lights and would prefer the truck to be a couple thousand cheaper. The F150's do have halogens for the lower models and I am positive the superduties will be the same way. It does make sense. It just sucks that it isn't something you can just swap out and add later. I think it is too involved.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yup they have regular halogen lights as well. I don't know why they all don't get the led lights on the new Chevy's I've noticed that even the cheap work trucks have the led running lights.

It is all money. Normal guy that uses his truck for work would probably could care less about the lights and would prefer the truck to be a couple thousand cheaper. The F150's do have halogens for the lower models and I am positive the superduties will be the same way. It does make sense. It just sucks that it isn't something you can just swap out and add later. I think it is too involved.

Well, those ***kers. I think you're right Layson but the logic is backwards for me.

Ill say the fusion and explorers, the headlights are money! Money in the bank, show me what ya drank!

Diezel_Dawg

Reaction score
Just attended the BFT Round-up in Seattle today. Was a very informative day and we got to drive the trucks around their course. These trucks power-wise are well ahead of the D-max and Cummings trucks. The Rams are gutless. The 6.2s are a very engine power-wise for a gas engine. All of these options are a nice thing to have, but definitely not necessary. The cameras are nice, but man it can get busy in the cab when wanting to use them to their fullest extent.
One thing to remember is the aluminum is an aluminum alloy. Pretty damn string stuff. The frames are fullest boxed, except on the Chassis Cabs.
The rear in the Crew Cab is very roomy. I'm 6'2 and there seemed to be more legroom in the back than in the front. I was very comfortable back there. My Buddy who is 6'4 and a Dodge guy, was very impressed with the room.
The trucks have more ground clearance than previous models, and without running boards, could be a chore to climb in for some folks.
Overall a good informative day. Wish I would have got some pics and videos, but didn't want to try and abuse their "no phones or cameras" policy.

The 6.7 is very strong and you can feel the bump torque, definitely more torqy than the Ram. My buddy noticed the difference right away when he drove the two.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online