3.73s and 37s?

smokedout250

Reaction score
I was running a programmer during that time also. To back what the others have said, I didn't experience any damage that I was aware of, but the truck seems a lot more happy with the 4.30's.

It's worth a shot to try them I think I'll prolly drop to 4.10s incase I decide to go down to 35s in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKHILF

Reaction score
At first I thought about going to 4.10's but then decided it wasnt worth it. I still have plenty of power and it dropped my highway rpm's so the truck seems a little happier. Feels like it has a little more top end too. It will pull my buddies cummins anytime at highway speeds with his smarty and fullly built tranny on 32" tires. I want to go back down to 35's though. I like the way the look more and maybe get .5 mpg back haha jk

smokedout250

Reaction score
I'm gonna try it. If I like it ill leave it if I feel the need for power ill swap gears. They are gonna be the biggest tire I have ran lol

Wayne

Reaction score
If you have 400+ Hp, it won't be much of a deal to leave the gears for a while, or forever for that matter. Just keep in mind the pros & cons of gear change as discussed above. It does suck a little extra on a 6.0 where it has greater power loss on the bottom end compared to a 7.3 or a 6.4. I doubt you'll be pulling your hair out with regret if you do the 37's, and leave the gears for now. Get it how you want, and enjoy. Also, please post some pics once the new shoes are on the truck.

Snake

Reaction score
It's worth a shot to try them I think I'll prolly drop to 4.10s incase I decide to go down to 35s in the future

Save your money if you're thinking of going from 3.73 to 4.10. You won't notice enough of a difference to justify the cost.

smokedout250

Reaction score
If you have 400+ Hp, it won't be much of a deal to leave the gears for a while, or forever for that matter. Just keep in mind the pros & cons of gear change as discussed above. It does suck a little extra on a 6.0 where it has greater power loss on the bottom end compared to a 7.3 or a 6.4. I doubt you'll be pulling your hair out with regret if you do the 37's, and leave the gears for now. Get it how you want, and enjoy. Also, please post some pics once the new shoes are on the truck.

I am just leaving them for a bit. It's gonna be awhile till I get everything beings work slowed down again lol and lending ppl money didn't help... I'm also not really going for track times or dyno numbers. I go by the seat of pants feelings. I can handle sluggish as its not the stock feeling lol

Keanoknick

Reaction score
I've got 37's and 3.73's used to run 38.5's Ive never had a problem, plenty of power, can easily spin the tires. Heaviest I've pulled is an 05 6.0 4x4 excursion, from here to tulsa on a 18' steel deck car hauler, had no problems at all, pulled the hills at 75+

smokedout250

Reaction score
Well gents I think I'm goin a different route than most would go. I think I'm going with a 6" lift and 35s.... I'm gonna try and go with a wider tire and a wide offset something like this

F36-49C8-A708-F47B44D27391-1910-0000025FD3C4627E-1.jpg

Latest posts

Members online