350/100 conventional results from Rudy's

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
If you can't spool your 66 something is wrong. I along with these guys spool s475's just fine. Tuning issue? Drive pressure leak? Boost leak? Something isn't right. My 66 spooled like a freakin stock turbo LOL

swinky

Reaction score
If you can't spool your 66 something is wrong. I along with these guys spool s475's just fine. Tuning issue? Drive pressure leak? Boost leak? Something isn't right. My 66 spooled like a freakin stock turbo LOL

I gotta dig into it more. Trapped 84 so I know it's making power.

It all depends on tuning, converter and how you are with the throttle. But you Should be able to spool a 66 pretty easy seems weird to me.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny story. My downpipe fell off and was blowing exhaust under the hood. I think a combination of high intake temps and a black ass air filter may be the issue. I'm an idiot I know lol derail over.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I gotta dig into it more. Trapped 84 so I know it's making power.

Funny story. My downpipe fell off and was blowing exhaust under the hood. I think a combination of high intake temps and a black ass air filter may be the issue. I'm an idiot I know lol derail over.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Take the intake off. Problem solved. Put my 66 on december of 2012 or jan of 2013 can't remember. Either way, my truck hasn't had an intake on it since then LOL

Jwarren

Reaction score
The race tune should lock early. Should get your truck to move out quicker.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
What stall speed converter you run?

Unless it's way lower than stock I don't see that being an issue. Isn't stock 1800? I run a 2000 stall with a 475 and spool it no problem. It's a little touchier when staging than my 2700 stall was but it still is not an issue to build boost on the line.

Jwarren

Reaction score
The 366 I ran a while back would not spool on stock converter in warm weather.

The 475 I run is a 75 87/80 hot side .90 ar needs all of a 2500 stall speed to spool

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
The 366 I ran a while back would not spool on stock converter in warm weather.

The 475 I run is a 75 87/80 hot side .90 ar needs all of a 2500 stall speed to spool

Dang. My 66 spooled perfect on a stock stall converter. Spooled instant with the 2700 I ran for awhile. I would imagine my 75 spools a bit easier because of the 83 turbine wheel vs the 87 in yours. Makes sense it needs a looser converter to be happy.

Jwarren

Reaction score
In your case when it's hard to spool best bet is hang back let opposing lane stage and do a roll in to help spool. I've done that before.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.