4-5 Transmission Squeal Help

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
There is hope, just got my truck back from ford for the loud squeal when it shifted from 4-5,
There was a bulletin out for the output shaft seal making noise during a shift with pressure up against it? That is what my ford dealer told me in those terms. They replaced mine with an updated seal and it took the noise away. The tune was reloaded so I am letting the trans re learn the shifting but so good so far.

Jomax

Reaction score
There is hope, just got my truck back from ford for the loud squeal when it shifted from 4-5,
There was a bulletin out for the output shaft seal making noise during a shift with pressure up against it? That is what my ford dealer told me in those terms. They replaced mine with an updated seal and it took the noise away. The tune was reloaded so I am letting the trans re learn the shifting but so good so far.

What year truck?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BK39

Reaction score

Did the truck do it both tuned AND stock?

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Did you go back to stock before going in? How long did the repair take?

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
Did you go back to stock before going in? How long did the repair take?

No my ford dealer works with me, ford had a bulletin out on this, they know I treat my truck good and deleting it had no part in this repair. They had the new seal this morning and I had it back by lunch the same day

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Thanks. Please keep us updated. I am extremely curious to see if this is the fix for this once you get some miles on it. I am a little skeptical that a seal replacement might solve this for the long term. My skepticism comes from my own stupidity though. :fustrate:

Reaction score
Well that's great yours it's not having that squeal. My 2015 now just slips at wot. Sadly, looks like my trannys on it's last moments at only 7900 miles.

I take full blame though, maybe some of those +10 runs weren't worth it.. Lol

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
Thanks. Please keep us updated. I am extremely curious to see if this is the fix for this once you get some miles on it. I am a little skeptical that a seal replacement might solve this for the long term. My skepticism comes from my own stupidity though. :fustrate:

Oh I was skeptical as well...

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
No my ford dealer works with me, ford had a bulletin out on this, they know I treat my truck good and deleting it had no part in this repair. They had the new seal this morning and I had it back by lunch the same day

All still good?