4" or 5" exhaust ?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I enjoy being heard .75 mile away with headers and 5" exhaust.

Drone can be rough depending on speed while towing. Just makes the radio volume go up...
lol

my 38r drowned out pretty much any sound while towing..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

dsberman94

Reaction score
4" or 5" exhaust ?

lol

my 38r drowned out pretty much any sound while towing..

live life full throttle

I wish I knew why yours was like that. Even with a load behind mine it isn't like that, and I wish it was. It screams unloaded on the highway up hills around 8-12 but I wish it was like that all the time.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I wish I knew why yours was like that. Even with a load behind mine it isn't like that, and I wish it was. It screams unloaded on the highway up hills around 8-12 but I wish it was like that all the time.
13k lbs at 80mph will make her talk. especially when you hit a grade and start climbing up it.. my billet wheel is louder up top than my cast wheel was.. cast wheel was louder down low..

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
4" or 5" exhaust ?

13k lbs at 80mph will make her talk. especially when you hit a grade and start climbing up it.. my billet wheel is louder up top than my cast wheel was.. cast wheel was louder down low..

live life full throttle

Ok, I didn't have 13k behind me nor was I doing 80. Haha. 3k lbs trailer and an f150 behind. I think that's under 10. What does your dually make on boost psi now? I'm maxing out the stock map sensor. And it might go a bit past that, need to handle that issue shortly. Luckily I don't beat on it much anymore.

I can't talk on the Bluetooth radio when I'm on the highway and that mic is mounted at the top of the A pillar. No one can hear me over the turbo, people always ask what the high pitch sound is and I have to go back to handheld. Luckily iPhones have background noise cancelling.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ok, I didn't have 13k behind me nor was I doing 80. Haha. 3k lbs trailer and an f150 behind. I think that's under 10. What does your dually make on boost psi now? I'm maxing out the stock map sensor. And it might go a bit past that, need to handle that issue shortly. Luckily I don't beat on it much anymore.

I can't talk on the Bluetooth radio when I'm on the highway and that mic is mounted at the top of the A pillar. No one can hear me over the turbo, people always ask what the high pitch sound is and I have to go back to handheld. Luckily iPhones have background noise cancelling.
38-40lbs... samaung galaxies have noise canceling too.. i could even talk on the phone with the phone to my ear. lol

live life full throttle

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I run a full 5" and the drone is crazy, no tip and I run a muffler I had the ****** pipe on but couldn't drive 10 miles before I had to put muffler on lol. I'm gonna try a tip to see if that helps. I have a stock turbo with a tymar intake and the turbo whine is crazy, I see you guys speak how loud a 38 is but I couldn't imagine any more turbo whine than what mine does. It's all stock before I did the foil ****** and intake you couldn't tell it had a turbo now it's loud as hell, I must be getting old lol.
If I had to do over I would run a 4" with a tip and call it a day.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I run a full 5" and the drone is crazy, no tip and I run a muffler I had the ****** pipe on but couldn't drive 10 miles before I had to put muffler on lol. I'm gonna try a tip to see if that helps. I have a stock turbo with a tymar intake and the turbo whine is crazy, I see you guys speak how loud a 38 is but I couldn't imagine any more turbo whine than what mine does. It's all stock before I did the foil ****** and intake you couldn't tell it had a turbo now it's loud as hell, I must be getting old lol.
If I had to do over I would run a 4" with a tip and call it a day.
I have a 30" fte resonator I'll sell you, it's a little to quiet for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
I have a 5 inch straight pipe on mine, had an axle dump for a while then switched to behind the tire where it is now. Absolutely love the tone, nice and deep. Not one bit of drone either. Never on the highway, never on normal roads, never idling. Even with the windows down, and backglass open. But it did drone a lot when I had a stack in it.

rsater1

Reaction score
my 5 dumps after axle and the tail pipe stick's out about 3 or 4 in past the quarter panel ..and no drone at all ..and the type of alloy will effect also the resonance.. get that tail pepe out from under the truck and the drone will lesson. I have no muff /no tail pipe tip and is made from aluminum .silver line .. sounds are amazing ..and yes around 12 to 20 psi she really wakes up

97White'nSilver

Reaction score
My 5" axle dump straight pipe starts to drone around 2000rpm and damn near drowns out the radio at 3000rpm. Love the sound, but long roads trips get old quick.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I just replaced the fte resonator with a mbrp style muffler "not sure what brand, but it's not a mbrp" much happier now..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.