40-45 mph hop/vibration issue

jngreen

Reaction score
Yeah, the hub looks a little out of round. I'm not sure that a bent axle shaft could cause that or not.

jngreen

Reaction score
Are the rear hub bearings like the front? Meaning, are the serviceable, or are the one piece bolt ons.
If they are one piece, then a new bearing assembly should come with a new hub. I would look at the axle shaft real hard as well.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Are the rear hub bearings like the front? Meaning, are the serviceable, or are the one piece bolt ons.
If they are one piece, then a new bearing assembly should come with a new hub. I would look at the axle shaft real hard as well.
I wasn't digging past where I did. prolly voided the warranty already..

Jesse_01

Reaction score
That sucks. My trucks vibration is starting to piss me off too. I should check for that too. I may just get rid of mine, I need a dually anways. Next one may not be a ford either.

strokefreak

Reaction score
Mine has gone from a small vibration and hop, to a bad vibe and nearly a bounce sometimes. Does anyone else feel a grinding from time to time coming from the rear with this?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Mine has gone from a small vibration and hop, to a bad vibe and nearly a bounce sometimes. Does anyone else feel a grinding from time to time coming from the rear with this?
dont think I have felt that yet. id say pull the fill plug on the diff housing and see how much debris is on it. if there is a lot, then might wanna fallow up with a problem.

strokefreak

Reaction score
Going to have to take it to dealer soon. Warranty or not. Ug. Im 8 hours from home in an rv park, they frown on working on stuff.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
fuggin sucks that it has to come down to those kind of thoughts...
yeah no doubt. We have a about 10 6.7 fords.
1 had a valve drop, out of warranty $$$$$
2 f550 went through 2 turbos each. Than there is the constant egt senors issue.
3 nox issues,
4 EGR valves and coolers.
They are registered commercial so they need inspection every year. Be a pain the delete them than hook everything up again every year.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
yeah no doubt. We have a about 10 6.7 fords.
1 had a valve drop, out of warranty $$$$$
2 f550 went through 2 turbos each. Than there is the constant egt senors issue.
3 nox issues,
4 EGR valves and coolers.
They are registered commercial so they need inspection every year. Be a pain the delete them than hook everything up again every year.
that fuggin blows!!

carcare

Reaction score
For who was talkin bout grinding when turning from rear. Usually clutch paks. Check fluid. If ok them just add if not drain and fill and put at least 1-2 little bottles of FORD friction modifier. It does wonders.

strokefreak

Reaction score
I found the grinding today. Its coming from the transfer case.
With front wheels disengaged, when i turn the front drive shaft by hand, the transfer case rattles and grinds pretty bad. Doesnt lock up, but makes tons of noise. I dont see this being cheap.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
bringing this back up. as ford says theres nothing wrong with the truck, and you can clearly see in my youtube videos that the left rear tire wobbles, its getting worse.. i know there has been a few with the issue but has anyone tried anything else? i am thinking i jeed new shocks alreaxy. haven't crawled under it to see if they are seeping fluid or not but it seems that it hits my firstone jounce bumper/helper springs way to easy now.. that and i have the lean going on. getting super anoyed with it.

Latest posts

Members online