4EverBoosted1 Elite Built 6.7 Thread

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks awesome Morgan. What finish are you guys gonna go with?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Looks awesome Morgan. What finish are you guys gonna go with?

Morgan and Colton are awesome. We are all having a blast with the build, alot of good moments for sure. Thanks everyone for the comments! It makes us get up even earlier the next day so we can get more done and post more pics!

Mike, the piping will be polished! I am gonna be covered in stainless dust for days....

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
It'd be worth the $25 it costs to buy one at Home Depot. Do some reading on what inhaling those metal particles can do for ya. I'm always paranoid about that stuff though

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
It'd be worth the $25 it costs to buy one at Home Depot. Do some reading on what inhaling those metal particles can do for ya. I'm always paranoid about that stuff though

Would be better to find something suited at a welding supply store, imo. Those pancake filters don't cut it for me

MorganY

Reaction score

I usually wear a 3M. Didn't today. I'm paranoid too. Im sure 8hrs won't kill me once..but still. You focus on keeping everything else in check but sometimes overlook your mask. My phone will self-destruct before I forget again this week lol

Spindrift

Reaction score
Don't want to sound like an old fart (which I am) but take it from someone who didn't have the advantage years ago of knowing what this chit can do to you. It takes a long time to see the ill effects. By then, it's too late.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

MorganY

Reaction score
Mounted the fuel cooler, changed up a couple fuel lines, welded up the intermediate pipe and transition flange.

ujazavyh.jpg

ytypajyr.jpg

Tossed the idea around for boost braces

a6esunad.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just curious. How serious of a respirator are you talking?

Cartridge serious?

not a big deal actually. aluminum is much more dangerous. if anything with stainless , the respirator keeps the actual polish out of your mouth, the stainless dust is much heavier and uch less airborne than aluminum. i do wear a mask though. looking at the stainless you have their, you are much more suited to send it out though, not nearly worth the effort to do by hand. that stuff is a mother ***ker to knock down. i know a guy that knows a guy that polishes.

MorganY

Reaction score
not a big deal actually. aluminum is much more dangerous. if anything with stainless , the respirator keeps the actual polish out of your mouth, the stainless dust is much heavier and uch less airborne than aluminum. i do wear a mask though. looking at the stainless you have their, you are much more suited to send it out though, not nearly worth the effort to do by hand. that stuff is a mother ***ker to knock down. i know a guy that knows a guy that polishes.

I wore a basic 3m mask to keep the dust out of my nose and mouth today. It will be sent out for polishing. Kaleb will jump in on the plans for the two mild steel pieces. The intermediate pipe will be heat wrapped.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score

Mike that is great news! I need to find a good place to have it polished. I may have a source here in Texas however if that falls through than I will let you know and maybe we can figure something out?? As far as the two intake pipes that are made of mild, they will be powdercoated black. I know it sounds funny, but with the way we are setting up and connecting all the pipe I think it will blend right in nicely with a combo of polished and gloss black.

The build is moving along slow but steady.. We make progress everyday in someway shape or form. Today was a pretty rough one but spirits are still high thanks to Morgans problem solving. Between both of us, "3 of us when Colton makes it down" we will get this thing going hopefully early in the 14 year. I just cant wait to hear it fire up again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.