4EverBoosted1 Elite Built 6.7 Thread

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i think actual break in (ring seating) is to stay above 2500 rpm for the first few hundred miles, always varying rpm as much as possible.

Reaction score
Put a light load till at operating temp then 3/4 full load for around 45 minutes. That's what I did at cat when I built engines and dynoed them.

Dan is correct by saying no load is bad. If it were mine I would not idle it more than necessary. Take it on the road and cruise at 55 till operating temp. Then apply load at medium or more (safe) range and keep loading the engine then letting off to seat rings. Then just drive it at a medium pace (not babying nor raping it) for a few hundred miles. Good rule of thumb is not to accelerate slower than the people around you.

Although the burnout is cool. It's not always the best, but neither is idling for two hours then putting around for 1000 miles.

I'm sure you will be fine, just get the gremlins out of it and go joyriding!

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I saw something about gapless rings in this one. what material are they. Did the cylinder get a plateau finish and to what RA?
What does the builder recommend for break in?
It is said that a good portion of the engine build is done during break-in.
As long as you guys have worked and as nice of a project this is don't get in a hurry.

I have always broken engines in by running them under a very hard load and have had great results imo.

dstryr

Reaction score
So cool to see it running guys...I think a road trip to cali is in order! You can visit me on the way to Clausen's lol

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Is Ennis in March? Already solidified some plans for March, damn, I new there were some things it would get in the way with. Glad to see it running boys.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
vuratuja.jpg

Getting ready to get Shamu his new eyes so he can see on Friday for the test runs.

Latest posts

Members online