5R110 or NV5600?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
No sir but id imagine its a pain in the ass. Lol Im pretty sure ill end up with a 4500. Since im looking for a p pumped 2nd gen most of my searches are leading me to 5 speed 4x4s, which is what I need.

Binder man

Reaction score
photo_zps37bb594c.jpg

The input is the Very last piece to come out of the tranny

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
2003.25+ If it was behind a 6.0L/6.4L it has the same bellhousing as a 5R110. If it is earlier than that it would mate to a 7.3L, not a later engine.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
2003.25+ If it was behind a 6.0L/6.4L it has the same bellhousing as a 5R110. If it is earlier than that it would mate to a 7.3L, not a later engine.

Not true, I had to change my rear cover on my motor from zf6 to 5r110 to mate it up

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Project20v

Reaction score
Not true, I had to change my rear cover on my motor from zf6 to 5r110 to mate it up

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Are we talking about an OEM plate or Destroked plate? The OEM pattern will be the same, but the thickness is different. A Destroked plate should be the same for both, you just add a crank spacer for the ZF. I think.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Are we talking about an OEM plate or Destroked plate? The OEM pattern will be the same, but the thickness is different. A Destroked plate should be the same for both, you just add a crank spacer for the ZF. I think.

Yeah I have the DCS plate for my set up.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Side note: Thanks for all the help guys. Research has shown that the ZF's are better then the NV's. So I am in the market for either, but preferrably the ZF's if they will mate up to the DCS adapter plate.

Wayne

Reaction score
Sweet! BTW, I talked to Levi @ Destroked the other day, and he made it sound like they've got the 5R figured out pretty well as far as programming goes. You may want to give him a call if this option is still on the table. If it were mine, I'd go ZF6 if I had the option. Plan B would be the NV 5600, then torqshift. I hate me some 4500. Don't see too many of them hanging on to more than 500 HP for long at all.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Wayne last time I talked with him he said the same thing. I currently have everything I need to get this truck on the road, but I am hesitant because I know I am going to want the hand shaker and more power.A P-pumped cummins and a zf6 would do the trick. I have the tools and shop to put a 6.4 in,I just dont have the time. Im hesitant to do the work and next year start over. What do yall think?

Wayne

Reaction score
6.4 FTW!!! Go buy a junk yard long block, and get to work sticking it in front of the 5R. You already know how well they run, so no surprises there.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Well I see the high mileage 6.4s going for 5k to 8k. From what I have seen its easier to get the whole truck for a conversion. Im also thinking about parting the truck out to get some of my money back. I figured I can take the needed parts to complete the conversion and put the roller up for sale. If it doesn't sell I'll start taking the front clip and interior parts to update my 05. I love my 05 and will let it rott away before selling it. So taking the time to get it the way I want it is fine. Lol

Latest posts

Members online