6.0 injector stiction discussion

Dave

Reaction score
LOL So, I guess if your oil sample shows a high content of mashed potatoes, that's excessive blowby?

Since you run garden foods as fuel, your fuel and oil is nothing like what the massive majority who have stiction have. Biofuels can cause instant problems with an injection system this sensitive. Mechanical injection systems are better suited for biofuel, and still will not run at peak. That is my point, you probably don't have stiction, you have a trashy fuel system. And contrary to popular belief, the fuel side of the injectors is often the problem.

Anyway, test results from your two trucks should be given with the info that alternative fuels are used. These systems will not respond like true diesels.

Carry on Potato heads...

Uhh Lassie you know stiction occurs on the oil side of the injector dont you?

What hes running for fuel isnt relevant.

Atsah

Reaction score
REV-X and other additives is added to the oil to assist with the sticktion issue, what does the type of fuel have to do with spool valve sticktion? Get a clue...

jdc753

Reaction score
HEY WATA BOY!!!

bio_zps43c68465.png

Uhh Lassie you know stiction occurs on the oil side of the injector dont you?

What hes running for fuel isnt relevant.

REV-X and other additives is added to the oil to assist with the sticktion issue, what does the type of fuel have to do with spool valve sticktion? Get a clue...

But... but... how else do you explain the french fry and mashed potato traces found in the oil analysis??

Atsah

Reaction score
But... but... how else do you explain the french fry and mashed potato traces found in the oil analysis??

That what happens when the guys at Jiffy Lube are changing your oil and eating McDonalds with the oil cap off...

amarillo250

Reaction score
Snake and I are good and we keep it to the minimum with the distruction. LOL
I hope we can get some real world data real soon from our test trucks and will post them here.

Lassie

Reaction score
Hey guys, if you're going to have a stiction discussion, figure out what it is. IT'S NOT VARNISH.... its the suction effect of oil to a worn spool valve.

Her point to you was, now listen here close....if you are using alternative fuels, you just think you have stiction....you could be fighting worn plungers or scored barrels, and probably are. And, you're oil will be considerably affected by your fuel, because as SHE understands, they interact alot in diesel trucks. So tests run in your alt fuel trucks, will most likely not apply to anyone else.

And you guys probably don't want to mess with her....she laughs at your diagnoses all the time, and she is usually right! Most of the mouths of this forum, (who need to shut the hell up) and usually send people into left field, are in this thread.

I too would love to beat these injectors at their game, but you have to first be able to at least define your hypothesized problem, "stiction", or you're pretty much pissing in the wind.

The sandwich was awesome too. I was gonna send you guys the leftovers for your fuel barrel, but she won't feed strays or liberals....then they just expect it.

Snake

Reaction score
Sounds like you and your wife are perfect for each other. By any chance were you two already related before the marriage?

Read the very first post of this thread and try again.

Last edited:

Lassie

Reaction score
Sounds like you and your wife are perfect for each other. By any chance were you two already related before the marriage?

Read the very first post of this thread and try again.

Yeah, at that point the direction was almost positive...spool valve alterations were even discussed and that would have been useful to every 6.0. Then it went to snake oils....

Oil additives are thinners. The end. Risk your bearings to get a few extra miles out of your injs???? And to boot, oil additives tested in Veg oil trucks??? Smells like a salesmen to me.

Alabama's not too far from Florida. Come on up and I'll cook you a steak and we can discuss some ideas we have.

Snake

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but there's no way you're getting me to come to Alabama. I've watched Deliverance.

amarillo250

Reaction score
back on track,
some real world results are in and I'm more then happy to share.
Sorry for the long post but I have lots of info,
The first Truck is a 2004 6.0 with around 95k miles on it and was a little tlc missing. We put in the AR2300 cleaning agent and the truck was running for ca 1500-2000 miles now and we noticed after ca. 300 miles that it started to run more smooth and it started faster. 500 .iles more on it we checked ICP numbers where going up ca. 5% and better mpg. ca. 1.5 more. The truck pulls daily a 20ft. trailer with ca 7000lbs.
Truck number two was a 2005 and started to get better mpg after 200miles and then blow the headgasket LOL thanks to the driver who didnt noticed the egr failure and drove without coolant. FAIL!!!
The third truck is mine a 2006 and got the AR2300 after 130kmiles with Valvoline 5W40 synth. oil for the first time. I noticed the biggest change in my ICP after ca. 500 miles it jumped up ca. 5% and the truck started idling smoother.
I'm now 3000 miles in the test and gone change the oil filter soon to give it a better chance to filter everything out, as suggested from Archoil. I gained around 1.5mpg in the city and ca.2mpg on the highway. My ICP is up again ca.2% and the start up in the morning is instant. I have the impression it spools a little quicker as well and the response from the truck seems to be quicker.
I still try to figure out how to upload my data logs from the insight I'm running but I have to admit I'm better with a wrench then a computer LOL.
I have one more truck in the test field it is a 2003 but it is to early to talk about it.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Hey guys, if you're going to have a stiction discussion, figure out what it is. IT'S NOT VARNISH.... its the suction effect of oil to a worn spool valve.

Her point to you was, now listen here close....if you are using alternative fuels, you just think you have stiction....you could be fighting worn plungers or scored barrels, and probably are. And, you're oil will be considerably affected by your fuel, because as SHE understands, they interact alot in diesel trucks. So tests run in your alt fuel trucks, will most likely not apply to anyone else.

And you guys probably don't want to mess with her....she laughs at your diagnoses all the time, and she is usually right! Most of the mouths of this forum, (who need to shut the hell up) and usually send people into left field, are in this thread.

I too would love to beat these injectors at their game, but you have to first be able to at least define your hypothesized problem, "stiction", or you're pretty much pissing in the wind.

The sandwich was awesome too. I was gonna send you guys the leftovers for your fuel barrel, but she won't feed strays or liberals....then they just expect it.

Just because the thread has changed directions a couple of times, doesn't mean we're still not on topic. If you bothered to read, I've already posted that I'm still planning on pulling my injectors out on next oil change to remove spool valves for cleaning.

We know what stiction is. Have you bothered to read at all? Others who have taken these apart already have noted a "varnish" attached to some of the spool valves. It has been found that sanding this varnish off has helped get rid of some of the "stiction" issues. So even though stiction can happen without the varnish there, it appears that removing that varnish is helping.

As for the WVO, don't even start an argument you can't win. Mike (Snake) and I have researched everything to death with our alternative fuel choices. How on earth you made an ASSumption that we're fuggin salesman because we're testing a completely unrelated product is beyond me. You know nothing of how our systems work, and until you do I wont dignify anything else with a response on it.

FWIW, I am NOT RUNNING WVO currently. In fact, when I run WVO, the truck runs much smoother, but that wouldn't help this experiment would it? I've been running straight #2 pump diesel for over a year. If anyone has ever heard a 6.0 running on 100% WVO they would laugh at the thought of lubrication issues. The injector noise is basically gone on the high cholesterol diet and all you hear is exhaust noise. Regardless, I'm not getting into it, that is NOT what this thread is about. I know what stiction is, I've had it before and after my WVO system. It's a problem for every 6.0 owner.

Mike and I also have run multiple OA's while running WVO... so I know what is in my oil and what's not.

and if the people in this thread are so bad, don't post here, it's quite simple.

Yeah, at that point the direction was almost positive...spool valve alterations were even discussed and that would have been useful to every 6.0. Then it went to snake oils....

Oil additives are thinners. The end. Risk your bearings to get a few extra miles out of your injs???? And to boot, oil additives tested in Veg oil trucks??? Smells like a salesmen to me.

Alabama's not too far from Florida. Come on up and I'll cook you a steak and we can discuss some ideas we have.

Snake oils? The stuff is working man, whether you choose to use it or not is up to you. It's not a thinner, I've posted what I found on it, you posted nothing other than your own thoughts. Find some facts to back your info up. Again, NOT running veggie oil, but it's not worth explaining because you wont understand it anyways. Salesman... LOL

back on track,
some real world results are in and I'm more then happy to share.
Sorry for the long post but I have lots of info,
The first Truck is a 2004 6.0 with around 95k miles on it and was a little tlc missing. We put in the AR2300 cleaning agent and the truck was running for ca 1500-2000 miles now and we noticed after ca. 300 miles that it started to run more smooth and it started faster. 500 .iles more on it we checked ICP numbers where going up ca. 5% and better mpg. ca. 1.5 more. The truck pulls daily a 20ft. trailer with ca 7000lbs.
Truck number two was a 2005 and started to get better mpg after 200miles and then blow the headgasket LOL thanks to the driver who didnt noticed the egr failure and drove without coolant. FAIL!!!
The third truck is mine a 2006 and got the AR2300 after 130kmiles with Valvoline 5W40 synth. oil for the first time. I noticed the biggest change in my ICP after ca. 500 miles it jumped up ca. 5% and the truck started idling smoother.
I'm now 3000 miles in the test and gone change the oil filter soon to give it a better chance to filter everything out, as suggested from Archoil. I gained around 1.5mpg in the city and ca.2mpg on the highway. My ICP is up again ca.2% and the start up in the morning is instant. I have the impression it spools a little quicker as well and the response from the truck seems to be quicker.
I still try to figure out how to upload my data logs from the insight I'm running but I have to admit I'm better with a wrench then a computer LOL.
I have one more truck in the test field it is a 2003 but it is to early to talk about it.

That's interesting, I noticed not a single change with my AR2300 additive. Keep us posted.

amarillo250

Reaction score
I changed yesterday my OEM oil filter and I forgot to mention that I ran the FS2500 oil bypass filter.
I own this truck since day one and since I run the bypass filter, I never seen my oil black on my dipstick after 5k miles. Yesterday I pulled the dipstick and it was black for the first time in 6 years, thats why I changed the filter, Archoil recomands that for heavy deposits. Back to topic, I can think of deposits on every single thing that comes into contact with oil. I havent flushed or done a thing in that matter in all those years beside oil changes. In a couple weeks I gone tear down the engine and gone have a better chance to take a good look at internals and will post pics. I have a Idea to test the AR2300 a little more and will keep everybody updated.

Mdub707

Reaction score
My Archoil 9100 seems to be losing it's effectiveness... I think I'm around 1500 miles in on this oil change. I noticed similar experiences with rev-x too, never made it through an entire oil change before stiction came back. I believe this is simply because of how serious my stiction problem is... Might be yanking these things sooner than I though. Just need to come up with a good test plan on how to do this. Not sure if I should do one injector at a time, or just pull all 8 and look them over and see if there are visible differences on them... hmmmm

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm running a tuned FICM now that has been repaired and holds 48V no problem. I fix them myself. I have the stuff here to do a 58V one, just don't ever seem to have the time.

I'm running the PHP Gryphon, so each of the tunes has the mild inductive heating flash too, which should aid in cold start up.

Latest posts

Members online