6.0 injector stiction discussion

Zmann

Reaction score
I was actually wondering what an analysis like that costs? I'd like to do the same when I get mine back.
about 40 bucks after postage and with the TBN add on

I just did one with T6 Rottela and a 3 micron FS 2500 bypass filter 5k miles

I forgot that I used Archoil but they caught it

they noticed More particles than my previous sample that had no additive nor a bypass

I was kinda pissed about that and the bypass but they attributed it to the Archoil

I also bitched about it to FS and they sold Me a 2 micron filter that I just installed

Lassie

Reaction score
To the op....I noticed you and the other tester in this thread both list "vegistroked" or "biofuel" in your sigs. Are you doing this "controlled" injector testing while running on this fuel?

If so:
1. How would this be pertinent to the rest of us?
2. Why would you assume your injector problems are on the oil side?
3. How do you know that there is not a french fry stuck in an intensifier piston?

Snake

Reaction score
To the op....I noticed you and the other tester in this thread both list "vegistroked" or "biofuel" in your sigs. Are you doing this "controlled" injector testing while running on this fuel?

If so:
1. How would this be pertinent to the rest of us? Stiction is stiction. But this thread wasn't just started for the folks running WVO. Countless other 6.0 owners have experienced stiction running D2.

2. Why would you assume your injector problems are on the oil side? Search "stiction," "Rev-X," and "Archoil 9100". The results you get should explain everything.

3. How do you know that there is not a french fry stuck in an intensifier piston? I eat all my fries. Haven't seen one there yet, but I did pull a fortune cookie out of my intake last week. Fortune said, "You own 6.0? ROR (Raff out Roud)

DHFF

Reaction score
hahahahah that is so awesome. Jesus. I agree, it shouldnt matter what fuel is being ran we are looking for changes in oil supplements.

jdc753

Reaction score

ROR!!! LOL

Ror_1.jpg

Lassie

Reaction score

LOL So, I guess if your oil sample shows a high content of mashed potatoes, that's excessive blowby?

Since you run garden foods as fuel, your fuel and oil is nothing like what the massive majority who have stiction have. Biofuels can cause instant problems with an injection system this sensitive. Mechanical injection systems are better suited for biofuel, and still will not run at peak. That is my point, you probably don't have stiction, you have a trashy fuel system. And contrary to popular belief, the fuel side of the injectors is often the problem.

Anyway, test results from your two trucks should be given with the info that alternative fuels are used. These systems will not respond like true diesels.

Carry on Potato heads...

Snake

Reaction score
What's that Lassie? Timmy's stuck in a well?! Good girl!

Put your brain in gear before you type out your next post. How many 6.0 owners running nothing but diesel have injector stiction? This thread is for everyone, not just folks running WVO.

Is your brain in "D" yet? Let's see if it is..... what part of my fuel system is trashy?

And how is my oil so much different from everyone else's if I have minimal blow by?

On a side note, did you know that Lassie was actually a male dog?

Last edited:

Lassie

Reaction score
What's that Lassie? Timmy's stuck in a well?! Good girl!

Put your brain in gear before you type out your next post. How many 6.0 owners running nothing but diesel have injector stiction? This thread is for everyone, not just folks running WVO.

Is your brain in "D" yet? Let's see if it is..... what part of my fuel system is trashy?

And how is my oil so much different from everyone else's if I have minimal blow by?

On a side note, did you know that Lassie was actually a male dog?

We all drive diesels here....acceptable blowby is still a good amount of blowby. What enters your fuel will enter your oil. Period.

And most 6.0ers fighting stiction, or what they think is stiction, need their trucks. In many cases, their trucks make them money. They don't deserve to be misled by fruits driving around on vegeteble juice and pushing products that don't work.

And lastly, this is my husband's account. I'll make my own before I get serious with you. I could have some fun with a snake that uses a pic of a waterboy and drives a mulcher. You are probably one messed up cat.

Snake

Reaction score
Based on what I'm seeing in this thread, you'll lose. I'm having a battle of the wits with an unarmed person. Now get back in the kitchen and make your husband a sandwich!

Back on topic Lassie - have you had to deal with stiction? If so, what did you try to do to fix the problem? And were your efforts successful?

Atsah

Reaction score
have you had to deal with stiction? If so, what did you try to do to fix the problem? And were your efforts successful?

I tried everything under the sun to fix sticktion, the only thing that worked is, I bought a 6.2, no more sticktion...

And yes, Mike is one messed up cat... LOL

buckcommander

Reaction score
Check this out...

3. FICM Injector Current Pulse Increase
The stock injector pulse was specified as 400 μs – 5.8 ms at 20 A. I wanted a little extra current to help overcome injector stiction or other electro-mechanical issues that might arise in the injectors. I tried to trace back the electronics from the current sense resistors on the FICM logic board, but ultimately couldn’t determine exactly how the FICM limited the output pulses to 20 A. So I decided to cheat and reduce the size of the current sense resistors, hoping to trick the FICM into allowing a little more current into the injector coils. This modification was admittedly a shot in the dark. It’s a risk I was willing to assume….for now.
I changed the 5 mohm current sense resistors to 4 mohm. In theory, this should change the current limit from 20 A to 25 A. This value was arbitrarily chosen given parts availability, but I did want enough of a change to notice. Recall these are short pulses, not steady state current values.

Came from here, http://www.bscustoms.net/diesel/FICM.pdf

Thinking of tackling this my self.

jdc753

Reaction score
LOL such hate for alternative fuels

Bio sucks, it really really sucks. Diesel is better!

hmm, bumping up the juice to the coil sounds like it could be pretty good, but I would guess eventually be just a bandaid. The varnish on the coil will most likely only get worse as the oil can stick to itself easier than a clean coil. Plus I wonder what side effects the additional juice might have on the coil or the stiction issue, maybe more heat localized might cause more oil buildup if it cooks the oil. Just sort of thinking out loud on the subject though.

Last edited:

amarillo250

Reaction score
Hey Snake, do You have first hand expirience with the product???? Or just hear say???
I dont push nothing, if you look closely you will see, maybe, that I said we try it on 3 trucks right now.
On a side note, You sound like you can use some fruit time for yourself and maybe, just maybe you get lucky and somebody has mercy and ends your missery, of being YOU. LOL LOL

DHFF

Reaction score
You chuckleheads need to stop argueing and let this thread be about stiction. I remember my first disagreement.

Snake

Reaction score
Hey Snake, do You have first hand expirience with the product???? Or just hear say???
I dont push nothing, if you look closely you will see, maybe, that I said we try it on 3 trucks right now.
On a side note, You sound like you can use some fruit time for yourself and maybe, just maybe you get lucky and somebody has mercy and ends your missery, of being YOU. LOL LOL

Sending you a PM LOL

Last edited: