6.0 zf6 builds! What's your setup?

Strokin89

Reaction score
Here it is. I'm going to cut one more with some changes in it, but this one turned out pretty good for the first try. I strapped it down to the mill and cut the top off. Then went in a removed a $#!t tone of material. I machined the walls but I dont have a pic of that. I port matched the heads and bored out the inlet by .125. I did alot of hand polishing and ran a ball hone down through the inlet to each runner. after all that it got fully welded and is currently at the powder coater.

Wow man that's awesome nice job! How hard was it? What tools did you need and how did you cut it open?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Strokin89

Reaction score
IMO the WPE intake is the best option on the market. It is high quality, cost effective, quick turn around time, and looks awesome.

They have a couple of different options. They do come fully opened up and ported on the inside. They are then welded up and new bungs installed.

Hit me up with any questions and I can hook you up

[email protected]

Here is a picture of mine... they can make them in any color

IMG952827_zps0f5a65dd.png

Pm sent

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
Most of the work was in measuring. I used a 12mm long shank end mill to do most of the work but finished every thing with a .500 lollipop mill. To polish everything I used sanding paddles on a dremil.

Strokin89

Reaction score
That's pretty sweet let me know how that works out. I think I'm going with a wpe Mani I don't think I'd be able to pull it off myself.

djberg

Reaction score
Yeah a DIY job on an intake is no joke, and the full ported wpe is a definite piece of craftsmanship.

As for tuning I'll have a new tune hopefully tomorrow, getting the "8k tow"(13k rated for studded trucks) from gearhead, I'm looking for a bit more for pulling sheds, should have some input on that by Saturday, I've got two portable horse stall things to deliver sat then a shed to move for a customer as well. So we will see how that works out. I also emailed bill @php to have him write me something up since my fave play combo is his stuff, but I need something now and I knew gearhead would have it to me in a day or two, where bill takes a month or so to get through the other orders he has in que. So let's see what comes of it all.

Strokin89

Reaction score
I think I'm going with the stage 3 from WPE don't want any egr crap

djberg

Reaction score
^^ rad, can't wait to see the numbers.

Just got the 8k tow from Matt, zipped it around the block, and it seems to feel like a cleaner, smoother stock SCT street tune withway less smoke. It will get its first use in a couple of hrs gotta last minute shed delivery. Oh well at least its funding the rebuild.

Strokin89

Reaction score
^^ rad, can't wait to see the numbers.

Just got the 8k tow from Matt, zipped it around the block, and it seems to feel like a cleaner, smoother stock SCT street tune withway less smoke. It will get its first use in a couple of hrs gotta last minute shed delivery. Oh well at least its funding the rebuild.

Which tuner is Matt? Gearhead?

Strokin89

Reaction score
Anyone have an after market hpop? I was lookin into the thumpers

djberg

Reaction score
Yeah Matt=gearhead, as for hpops, I think my current truck will stay stock and the vt275 twins dream would get a Warren diesel dual hpop, slick small and seems to work well, or at least at wide open lol that the only way I've seen them run on Jesse and Kyles trucks.

Strokin89

Reaction score
I've heard stock hpop can support 205's is that true?

Strokin89

Reaction score
Ok cool

djberg

Reaction score
Yeah man, get us some vid. Took my old girl to a new level today, when I pulled on the scales at the scrap yard it was 33,800# she did pretty alright, never broke 1300deg egt, and 220 on the oil temp. Running the atlas 40 stacked on the 65hp SCT tow tune. I really was impressed with how well she handled that much weight.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Php gryphon ficm tuner and a driven diesel regulated return are first on my list should have the money shortly!!!

Latest posts

Members online