6.4 2.6 pulling truck build

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i heard the black 6.4 puller just popped another motor. ouch.

Reaction score
If you need another test hook there is a pull in loda tomorrow, just a rwyb brush pull but up to you. Jones and wil weren't there thow? I'd like to see how you did against them. They usually make ipa, you guna be in Bloomington Thursday? Great hook too!

Jones cracked his block at Petersburg. Hadn't heard about Bloomington. Send me a pm on the details I may be able to make it.

lubeowner

Reaction score
QUOTE=bigrpowr;740735]i heard the black 6.4 puller just popped another motor. ouch.[/QUOTE]

Yea, something let go. She don't sound good. One pump locked up on it two weeks ago, just threw the belt off the locked pump. We loaded it on the trailer and started it at the shop on the one pump. Seemed to run fine after pump swap so I never pulled any injectors. Pulled itthe last weekend and it ran fine. Sounded a little off when it went over the scales this last hook, but pulled it anyways. Sounds like it might have a stuck injector. Have to tear into it to see.

Reaction score
QUOTE=bigrpowr;740735]i heard the black 6.4 puller just popped another motor. ouch.

Yea, something let go. She don't sound good. One pump locked up on it two weeks ago, just threw the belt off the locked pump. We loaded it on the trailer and started it at the shop on the one pump. Seemed to run fine after pump swap so I never pulled any injectors. Pulled itthe last weekend and it ran fine. Sounded a little off when it went over the scales this last hook, but pulled it anyways. Sounds like it might have a stuck injector. Have to tear into it to see.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Make sure that it ready come scheids! Lol, we have a 6.4 showdown I hear!

Reaction score
Yea, something let go. She don't sound good. One pump locked up on it two weeks ago, just threw the belt off the locked pump. We loaded it on the trailer and started it at the shop on the one pump. Seemed to run fine after pump swap so I never pulled any injectors. Pulled itthe last weekend and it ran fine. Sounded a little off when it went over the scales this last hook, but pulled it anyways. Sounds like it might have a stuck injector. Have to tear into it to see.

That sucks. Make sure that it's ready come scheids! Lol, we have a 6.4 showdown I hear![/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Now to get her to spin out :D

We will be pulling Thursday. It will spin out with the gear I'm gonna run. Good thing is that we will be running the same trucks that I ran yesterday. So if I finish tenth or last, I will know that the gear wasn't a good choice.

Gotta keep doing new things. You can't expect different results from the same input!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Great job Morgan! Looking like you have the chassis pretty much glued to the track. How many more pulls are you going to be able to go to before schieds? It wont take many more to fine tune it by the looks of how good its doing after only hooking twice!

rsieck

Reaction score
Glad to see it run good right from the start! Get a couple of wins, and maybe more people will build some Fords!!

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375112662.374947.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375112689.485024.jpg

Latest posts

Members online