6.4 2.6 pulling truck build

Reaction score
Not bad, truck sounds nasty.

Since our last performance mods we been running a 12.80 FDR 4.56 direct drive and has never yet powered out. 285 tires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU4ZBfT66UU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70cZTBU3T2Q

This must have been after I saw you at TS? I also can't unlock my torque converter to help spin out. There's also a pretty big difference between 285's and 35/12.5's. I'm interested to see how it runs against you. Will you be at schieds?

And just wondering how your getting fourth gear out of a 5r and its not breaking. Most people run third with a 5r.

simonton6.4

Reaction score
This must have been after I saw you at TS? I also can't unlock my torque converter to help spin out. There's also a pretty big difference between 285's and 35/12.5's. I'm interested to see how it runs against you. Will you be at schieds?

And just wondering how your getting fourth gear out of a 5r and its not breaking. Most people run third with a 5r.

Also interested in the 4th gear in the 5r?

dusty9

Reaction score
Isn't 4th in the 5r direct? So it would be just like 4th in the 6 speed and 4.56 would do good with only 285 since they aren't as wide but still about 33 tall. Sound like a good setup to me.

Reaction score
Isn't 4th in the 5r direct? So it would be just like 4th in the 6 speed and 4.56 would do good with only 285 since they aren't as wide but still about 33 tall. Sound like a good setup to me.

By the math Jesse's truck and mine @ 4000 rpm would be going within .3 mph of each other given the gear ratios and tire sizes.

Jwarren

Reaction score
How many rpms are you running?

Logged a max RPM of 4400 on that run. Usually hits 4200+ mid track and will come down to about 3500 at the end of the pull.

4th gear is an option I had run that gear with 35" tires but never had the guts to go to direct with the 35" STS's
With 285" tires 4th gear does not load the engine enough.

Reaction score

Difference between 285 and 315 is 107mm more tire on the track or basically 7in. And his are 33" and mine are 35". So I have more rollout. Basically I have a lot more tire on the track. Which is why I am hooking up hard. But it may be hurting my truck some.

I'm going to air up the duals a little bit. And take off harder. It's only made two hooks. There's a lot more potential in this truck.

dusty9

Reaction score
Difference between 285 and 315 is 107mm more tire on the track or basically 7in. And his are 33" and mine are 35". So I have more rollout. Basically I have a lot more tire on the track. Which is why I am hooking up hard. But it may be hurting my truck some.

I'm going to air up the duals a little bit. And take off harder. It's only made two hooks. There's a lot more potential in this truck.

Sorry I wasn't trying to say you have a bad setup, really your is better as long as you find the power to do it. I was just saying his has similar roll out and only has to buy cheaper 285 recaps haha.

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't trying to say you have a bad setup, really your is better as long as you find the power to do it. I was just saying his has similar roll out and only has to buy cheaper 285 recaps haha.

I know you weren't. But you stated that they were similar. I was just explaining how much tire difference there is between 285 and 315. 7" of more width total and 2" taller makes a big difference.

Reaction score
We will be pulling tonight. Also heard that the black puller, the one Jeremy (lubeowner) is associated with, is planning on being there! I'm more excited to see that than beating a bunch of duramax's!

MINK

Reaction score
We will be pulling tonight. Also heard that the black puller, the one Jeremy (lubeowner) is associated with, is planning on being there! I'm more excited to see that than beating a bunch of duramax's!

Right on, do work buddy!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.