6.4 Head gasket kit?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
you will need headgaskets, intake manifold gaskets, 8 injector oring kits, the two new hp fuel lines going to each head, about 18 teflon banjo washers, rocker box orings, exhaust manifold gaskets, 4 up-pipe gaskets... that should be about it

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
you will need headgaskets, intake manifold gaskets, 8 injector oring kits, the two new hp fuel lines going to each head, about 18 teflon banjo washers, rocker box orings, exhaust manifold gaskets, 4 up-pipe gaskets... that should be about it

Okie doke, I just want to make sure that when i put it down for a week or so till i get everything fabbed up that I don't have to order parts after teardown and have to wait. I figure you have done enough of them. :ford:

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
I agree, I'm probably gonna hit up sunrise ford for the small stuff. I got some more questions while i have your attention, I am doing head gaskets, sending the heads down the the machine shop to be checked and decked. I have a wastegate kit here and also the studs to clamp them down. I talked with Dave from swamps and he highly recommends to upgrade the spings. I was wondering as I have heard different people say that it is a good idea to put pushrods in as well. Lastly for now, do i have to worry about o-ringing the heads like the 6.0s, or is it not needed. Thanks for the help

White_monster

Reaction score
Upgraded valvetrain is a smart choice. Upgraded pushrods go along with the valve springs. I'd also do hardened valve seats while the heads are at the machine shop.

BFT

Reaction score
Upgraded valvetrain is a smart choice. Upgraded pushrods go along with the valve springs. I'd also do hardened valve seats while the heads are at the machine shop.

:whs:

you dont need to fire ring the heads.

it might be over the top but i sleep easier at night knowing its all done. you doing head studs too?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
I agree, I'm probably gonna hit up sunrise ford for the small stuff. I got some more questions while i have your attention, I am doing head gaskets, sending the heads down the the machine shop to be checked and decked. I have a wastegate kit here and also the studs to clamp them down. I talked with Dave from swamps and he highly recommends to upgrade the spings. I was wondering as I have heard different people say that it is a good idea to put pushrods in as well. Lastly for now, do i have to worry about o-ringing the heads like the 6.0s, or is it not needed. Thanks for the help

You don't need springs or pushrods if you set the truck up right but valve seats are a good idea

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
What kind of proper set up do you recommend, I still have to talk to the machine shop about hardened seats, but I am open to suggestions on saving like 1100-1300 bucks on the valve train. that could be nozzles and a hpfp upgrade. I am not trying to make a million horsepower, all I want is a good solid daily driver that i can run my 345 tune every day and not have to worry about any issues with the motor. I do have ARP studs sitting here in the box, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Just dial the wastegate in good and torque those arps down good and call it good

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
Sounds good to me, I appreciate all the help, I'm not trying to cut corners by any means, I just don't know everything and am not afraid to ask questions.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.