6.4 Intercooler

alradco

Reaction score
What is the final width of the 6.4L Intercooler...

Sorry, not sure how I missed your question. In the process of building an updated version so I don't want to say that there is a "final" anything until it's fully tested and proven.

alradco

Reaction score
Are you guy getting close to getting it done or is it still a few months out

Note 3

New design should be built and testing by the end of the month. Wish we could go faster but some things take time and at 7 days a week it goes by fast. We're not a huge corporation, just a small family business.

We'll get these done soon, so far in the last few months we've got the
6.4 radiator done
7.3 radiator done
6.0 intercooler done
7.3 intercooler done

Working on the 6.4 IC, 6.0 radiator, OBS radiator and IC kit.

We're getting there, sorry for the delay. Would rather it be done right than half assed.

Peter

2good2Btru

Reaction score
I did not mean it in a bad way. You have already done alot and keep up the great work. I was just trying to get a time frame.

Note 3

alradco

Reaction score
Sorry it took a while guys but good news. Testing has gone well and we will be moving the Alradco 6.4 Powerstroke Intercooler into production. Below is a picture of another truck testing the IC. I think Nick is out of town for the Holiday weekend but I'm sure he'll post numbers when he gets back.

I'll post details in the next few days of how we'll be moving forward, etc. Thanks everyone for your patience. It's appreciated.

Peter

2qsxgdv.jpg

alradco

Reaction score
any updates on these bad boys

Here's an update from testing. This truck has a stock radiator so we could see if our intercooler negatively impacts the cooling system.

Just to chime in. Before I had the intercooler in I would see anywhere from 203-207 oil temp at highways speeds at 1900-2200 ish RPMS 68-72 MPH and coolant would be 195-199 unloaded. And to be honest I did not notice a difference between before and after. The EGTs were between 110 and 180 cooler but the oil and coolant temp I did not notice a jump in temps if any maybe 1-2 but that could have been foot related from testing the EGT drop. It might when pulling a long long hard grade but I haven't run into any noticeable temperature increases yet since the install.

As far as production we're probably at least a month away. We really need to get the 6.4 radiator into a smooth flow so we can have those in stock as well as all of our other radiators. Wish it could be faster but we've never been busier.

For the time being we're going to leave the pre-sale price alone until we get closer. A $100 refundable deposit gets you on the list with the price locked in. Thank you.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Thanks for the update!

I follow that thread in the 6.4 section too and did see that which is promising. That was about my only concern with a larger/thicker IC was blocking too much air. But it seems its not effected at all so I'm gonna go place my preorder right now. Keep up the great work!

Crack85

Reaction score
Thanks for the update!

I follow that thread in the 6.4 section too and did see that which is promising. That was about my only concern with a larger/thicker IC was blocking too much air. But it seems its not effected at all so I'm gonna go place my preorder right now. Keep up the great work!

Order two!

alradco

Reaction score
Thanks for the update!

We really wanted to do something that no one else is doing and I think we've accomplished that in our design. The IC is just too important to rush through and that's why when we first started testing we didn't settle. There wasn't anything wrong with it but we wanted more performance and it's looking very good.

Not bad especially with a $889 price tag and made right here. :)
Thanks for the good words.

RSK

Reaction score
I pre ordered an intercooler, and plan to pre order the radiator as well. just didn't do them both at the same time, do I still get some money off or did they both have to be done at the same time?