6.4 Mini max issues

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Finally got it too take a tune as a manual trans, but it still won't take one as an auto... Tried a diff tcm with same result...

sent from the best place on earth! TEXAS!

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I thought you had a 6 speed Jake?

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
That's the only reason 8 was so surprised that the RCLB had as many options as it does. Thought it was a standard.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Ok hopefully the dealership can get me back in first part of the week... I've been told tcm is bad, I've been told new tuner is bad, I've been told it's I the wiring, and also that Ford screwed something up when they had to do some programming to get into the system when the PATS lock was engaged... I'm gonna let them do some testing and figure out why tcm won't communicate... Did some testing the other day and I have 5 positive and 4 negative terminals in the plug where the tcm plugs in on the frame...

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Ok got it fixed yesterday. Obviously something with my old tuner started the whole issue. Evidently when I took it to the dealer the first time, something happened when he had to do some programming to get into the pcm. And it basically had the tcm blocked from communicating with the pcm. While he was hooked up to it yesterday after enough digging and checking, his system needed to do some things to the pcm that referred to the tcm. After it finished what it was doing the shift indicator light and the temp gauge went back to work. He went through checking other things and finished up. Hooked up my buddies mini max and tunes loaded with no issues and runs great again! Hopefully nobody else ever has this issue because it had everybody I talked to about it stumped... Thanks for any input that was offered here!

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Glad you got it worked out brother. I just told Ashley you were having issues with it today.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Popped the cover off my old mini max and found this on the board...

f8360c5b127b399dcdfdfa57712ddd8f.jpg

Makes me wonder if you could use a bully dog gt and load h&s tunes.....

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Popped the cover off my old mini max and found this on the board...

f8360c5b127b399dcdfdfa57712ddd8f.jpg

Makes me wonder if you could use a bully dog gt and load h&s tunes.....

It can be done, but those are the ones with all the issues ( wiped BD's that is ). Every time I read one of those stories it ends up being a BD someone acetoned the logo off of and tried to wipe clean and load HS stuff to.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Anybody know of someone reliable I could send a bd to and get h&s flashed onto it?

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Oh ok well I'll scratch that idea lol have just seen bd gt for cheap thought if it would work I'd go that route but I'll pass...

Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Members online