6.4L Excursion conversion

Wayne

Reaction score
I guess I should mention that I got it running a few days back. Lots of little trinkets done that most people don't think about like relocating the RR shock mount on the axle, Most of it is little stuff that doesn't look like much, but at least all the lights, e-brake, and drivetrain work. All the fluids are in too.... unless you count to the rear heat and a/c lines. the rear lines are run to the engine compartment, but I have yet to plumb them into the 6.4 stuff. Oh, well.

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. All I've done in the last long while is install the 5" hypermax exhaust and a level kit up front. I also got a mini maxx for it, but that's about it. I keep taking on side jobs, which delays this thing, but I've promised myself I'd get it painted before fall. Shoot, I even have all the paint just sitting there, waiting for me to get to it. I went with Dupont Oryx White. It's the pearl white they put on vw/porche/audi. Tires and wheels are finalized too, but I'm running them on my truck now LOL

Not a very good pic, but these are the tires and wheels for the project. They're 20x10 bmf novakanes I've had for a few years, and tires are 35" Dick Cepek Extreme Country. I just gotta finish the lift on the truck so the big tires can go on, and I can save these tires for the ex.
IMG_20160731_162838682.jpg

Here's the current state of the ex, minus the tires. It's got some stock wheels with 35's as rollers for now. I just had to throw on the 40's I got for my truck as perspective since I'm waiting for my lift to get finished up at OUO.
IMG_20160415_234719669_HDR.jpg

smcox1

Reaction score
No need to turn just leave it in the garage and look at it LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
that silver long bed is nice too

LOL It's a monet for sure. It's had a hard life until I bought it last year. I got it cheap enough though that it was worth it. Little dents all over, and the floor of the bed... well, let's just say if I ever get to cleaning it up cosmetically, I'll be replacing the bed. :doh: At least it runs well. The good part about the cosmetic blemishes is I won't feel bad about cutting fenders and bed sides to allow full travel of the new suspension at full steering lock... once I get it all installed, and that will likely be after the ex is painted, and glass back in it.

No need to turn just leave it in the garage and look at it LOL

We've got a 4th daughter due in early november, and my wife has threatened me about hauling 4 kids in a truck with a 10" lift and 40's LOL, so progress on this will soon become a reality, or next time you see me, it'll be on the side of a milk carton:pimp:

Wayne

Reaction score
Between the last couple weeks I've been able to find enough time to paint all the jambs including inside the fuel door, fenders, doors, hood, and rear section. I put an extra coat of pearl on, so it's more noticable that it's not just a generic white; kind of like gm's white diamond color. I'll do the same for the rest of the paint process. The pics don't do a very good job of showing how it looks in person, but oh, well. Over all I do like the color, and my wife loves it, so I guess it works out. I don't know how far I'll make it between tomorrow night, and a really long day Saturday, but I'm hoping to have it sprayed. This paint is tricky enough for me that I'm a little nervous about the pearl flowing properly, so I decided to paint every jamb before the rest of the body, then soft back-mask all the jambs when I spray. That way, I can have every panel final-hung, and in place. I've got to paint the entire exterior of the body at once so I know the pearl will match from panel to panel. Below are a few progress pics. I know they look a lot different in shade from pic to pic, but they're all the same shade in person. It's just how the light and camera react to it.

IMG_20160816_203328890.jpg

http://powerstrokearmy.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_20160814_104240964.jpg

IMG_20160826_242640634.jpg

IMG_20160814_104059556_HDR.jpg

JRLott

Reaction score
That looks really good. I'm sure it is better in person. I haven't the talent nor patience to paint much anything. Slathering paint on the walls of the abode is about as intricate as I get, and I'm not real happy when I have to do that.

Wayne

Reaction score
Sure thing. It's not much to look at yet, but it's coming along. Paint prep took way longer than expected, and I'm about 98%ready to mask. Tuesday after work is the newly rescheduled paint day. Give it a month or so, and it still will be far from done but it might have tags if I don't get too distracted

Latest posts

Members online