6.7 and FTE resonator??

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Which monitor is that and which tunes are you running? I like the set up and the gauge mode on the display.

Edge CTS2 with the 12v kit and EAS kit so there aren't any actual tunes on it or connection to the OBD port. Its stand alone and only monitors what I have individual sensors for through the EAS kit. I have it for Boost, EBP, EGT, and Oil Pressure.

valvetick

Reaction score
I have 5" flo pro and the 30" FTE resonator on my 15 and it's almost stock sounding inside and completely removed the 1500 rpm towing drone that drove me crazy. Removed the howl the 15's make ******d WOT and it's more of a softer less raspy exhaust note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I have 5" flo pro and the 30" FTE resonator on my 15 and it's almost stock sounding inside and completely removed the 1500 rpm towing drone that drove me crazy. Removed the howl the 15's make ******d WOT and it's more of a softer less raspy exhaust note.

where did you buy your fte resonator

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Wally at FTE has been good to a lot of my cummins friends around here and has a nice product. The cummins crowd swears by the resonators and the further forward u can get it the better it works.

96F350KID

Reaction score
Wally at FTE has been good to a lot of my cummins friends around here and has a nice product. The cummins crowd swears by the resonators and the further forward u can get it the better it works.

I have a pile of FTE resonators from the Cummins crowd. You loose fuel economy over a packed style and a whole group of buddies had us cut and install 5 of them. They're great until you modify the truck and they blow off. I ended up taking all of them off in trade for Flo pro 8990 mufflers. Someone posted the video of comparison stock vs that muffler that I made.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I guess broken English is the new cool....
Please elaborate on the "buddies" and "whole pile of takeoff FTE'S"

valvetick

Reaction score
I have a pile of FTE resonators from the Cummins crowd. You loose fuel economy over a packed style and a whole group of buddies had us cut and install 5 of them. They're great until you modify the truck and they blow off. I ended up taking all of them off in trade for Flo pro 8990 mufflers. Someone posted the video of comparison stock vs that muffler that I made.

I would be curious to see info on this as well my truck running a max effort tune saw zero EGT increase which you would see if it hurt flow and didn't affect EBP either.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
If it does hurt it at all, it would not be much. As far as mileage goes, i did not see a dramatic improvement when i put mine on a diet, so i doubt a single resonator and or muffler would be able to hurt performance and mileage that is adversely noticeable.
Maybe it is just me, but my 6.7's seems to bee less sensitive to changes than my 6.4 was.
At any rate, i will say that i suppose it is possible some trucks or engines may be afffected by a resonator more than others.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
2015 piped using a FloPro/MagnaFlow system. My new Nitto EXOs are louder than my exhaust in the cab windows up. The only time you really hear the exhaust rumble is when accelerating. Even a small flow thru resonator should kill the drone.

Coolbeans

Reaction score
I am wanting to lose some weight soon and was thinking of using the short resonator. Will it kill much of the sound at idle? This is my biggest concern as I felt like an @$$hole firing up my previous 6.7 straight piped in the mornings. Or would I need a muffler to go along with it?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I am wanting to lose some weight soon and was thinking of using the short resonator. Will it kill much of the sound at idle? This is my biggest concern as I felt like an @$$hole firing up my previous 6.7 straight piped in the mornings. Or would I need a muffler to go along with it?

If it's a 15+ you will feel like an a$$hole....

JRLott

Reaction score
I don't think they're that bad, unless you hate the hiss. Louder than stock, yes. Significantly louder than my neighbor's hemi, I don't think so.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
I just added a 15" dyno max muffler after my 30" resonator and the sound level is prefect for me. Only a deep rumble on startup then the hissing is much quieter. Personally i think it is just about the right amout of sound and refinement for the level of attention i want to draw.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I don't think they're that bad, unless you hate the hiss. Louder than stock, yes. Significantly louder than my neighbor's hemi, I don't think so.

Depends on what kind of neighborhood you live in.

But a 15+ is ridiculously loud strait piped when hissing.

Jomax

Reaction score

Lol, it's pretty bad... it scares people when passing them on the hwy. I keep saying I'll put a muffler on.. just never get to it.

JRLott

Reaction score

Derrr...straight...missed that. I have a little straight through muffler. Whatever came with the exhaust. I live on a postage stamp. I can hear the neighbor behind the house start his hemi, the neighbors to either side start their hemis, and the one across the street start his Chevy every morning. I don't think mine is any more obnoxious than theirs. That little muffler must be more effective than I thought.

Last edited:

04cr450

Reaction score
My 16 is pretty loud (5" flo pro straight pipe from dp back). Only loud though when getting on it. I am in the sticks so no neighbors to worry about but I do wish sometimes I had a muffler on it- I agree though the gassers mentioned are quite louder though in an annoying way, all noise and no go.
I came from a non vgt 6.0 which are crazy loud so the 16 is pleasant to my ears lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.