6.7 and FTE resonator??

CATDiezel

Reaction score
let me know we can help you out !

I called your shop. No clue how to help.

Need Boss to step in....

I need these asap now due to noise restrictions on the golf course and lake neighborhood I live in. Lol

Haven't got in trouble yet but it's a matter of time!

BigRed97

Reaction score
I ended up getting the 30" FTE....once I do the diet and put the FTE in I'm going to see how big of a muffler I can add on.....im thinking I'll be able to use either the 41" or 51" if I use the space of the factory extension pipe as well..

Now I know the fte should go as close to the dp as possible, but what about the muffler? Better forward or rearward?

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
The long Donaldson will take up a lot of space, so u will likley be joining right after the resonator. I put a 20" dyno max muffler in after my resonator and it is pretty nice. Not stock quiet but also not very loud.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
How did you guys install the FTE?

I ask because I'm unsure if the 4" is flared to slip over 4" or if it needs a coupler.

Im hoping it's flared?

Anyone have a pic of one installed with a muffler by chance?

08Monster

Reaction score
How did you guys install the FTE?

I ask because I'm unsure if the 4" is flared to slip over 4" or if it needs a coupler.

Im hoping it's flared?

Anyone have a pic of one installed with a muffler by chance?
Flared on both ends.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Good deal thanks.

So I'm going to get the 17" FTE so I can put it as far forward as possible and keep the hanger clamp in place.

My question is will it kill the turbine whistle outside the truck....? I DO want to kill all turbine noise, I feel bad for my new neighbors having to listen to my truck.... it sounds like I'm at the airport standing on the tarmac between our houses when it's running!

40" donaldson to compliment the FTE? I've read where the donaldson doesn't do anything at all to turbine whistle...

Thoughts?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Now, if you want it to sound stock, go with a 40" Donaldson muffler AND a 15" FTE resonator. Sounds factory with that setup.

Sometimes it helps to go back to the first page.

Is that a standard 40" donaldson. Nothing special? And did it kill turbo whistle outside at idle?

16PS250

Reaction score
I have a 2016 fully eliminated with flow-pro 4" straight pipe to the stock over axle muffler and stock tail pipes. Its a little louder than stock with no drone.

Jomax

Reaction score
17in resonator, Magnaflow muffler, the vein opening/closing is almost gone in terms of sound. WOT is super quiet, I love it. I have a video of before and after and can't seem to upload it right now. I'll try to upload it later.

0cc0895b644b51c13a10b5a9cb661a23.jpg

5e87633985806a6949b3d0148984cf74.jpg
1e6be547c721f801fbc77cec9809fc72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Thanks for those pics!!!

Btw... I totally dig your virtually rust free undercarriage! Looks great!

Jomax

Reaction score
Thanks for those pics!!!

Btw... I totally dig your virtually rust free undercarriage! Looks great!

Thanks, Truck is filthy in that pic lol. I'm the guy with the pressure washer on a creeper every time I wash the truck.

Got to love AZ though. I'd hate to see rust.

Jomax

Reaction score
Looks nice!! Glad you are pleased with it the way I am.

I'm very pleased, it first I thought it was too quiet, but after towing, I don't care for a noisy truck ever again. I got old quick, most guys my age have stacks lol.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I'm very pleased, it first I thought it was too quiet, but after towing, I don't care for a noisy truck ever again. I got old quick, most guys my age have stacks lol.

I have ment to put mine on silent since DeIete. I just haven't had time. Literally. 18,000 miles and all I had time to squeeze in is a oil/fuel change. And pay someone to wash it....

Now I have time!!!

Jomax

Reaction score
I have ment to put mine on silent since DeIete. I just haven't had time. Literally. 18,000 miles and all I had time to squeeze in is a oil/fuel change. And pay someone to wash it....

I don't blame you. I've been wanting to do it for 47k miles. Time seems to slip away.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.