6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

Dan

Reaction score

why all the hate, just because i haven't done the all american thing and sue...

i know this kit is sloppy and its coming off, thats about as far as that needs to go:shrug:

Oh haha. Gotcha. They are duramax guys... why are ya going there?

Sent from my smashed up S4

they are duramax guys and they have, imo, done some pretty decent things with them. plus their fab work looks a whole lot better than whats on there now

Dan

Reaction score
like come on guys, i know im not going to change the industry and be a quality control nazi... i believe that people will get what they have coming their way, if an individual company will do crapy work, no one will go there its simple. as for me i paid for a turbo kit and thats what i got its that simple!

i live 4100 km from said shop and it isnt economically worth my time to drive back down there, fly home, fly back down and drive back to have the truck fixed.. that 5g+ in fuel and flights and hotels.. hence im just going to move on and go a different route, if this makes me "dumb" then so be it

:shocked:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Naw, some of the guys are just breaking balls over CFD. They(confederate) have a pretty **** track record here, people get defensive over it. A lot of customers were screwed over. PSA likes to keep history from repeating itself lol

I'm sure custom auto will do the job no problem. I think where people are coming from is that there are plenty of dedicated 6.7 performance shops out there that would probably handle your build with ease given what they have learned so far in r&d. As far as I know, CA has done nothing with a 6.7 that's note worthy. Not saying they can't or won't, but you'll probably be paying to be a guinea pig, and that can be painful and expensive if not handled right. Either way, it's your truck. Do what makes you feel comfortable. I think the guys here just don't want to see you take another kick to the nads over a build and they may be voicing skepticism.

Regardless, you're welcome here. Me personally, I'm glad to see your build taking place on the top Powerstroke site on the web. Lots of knowledge and resources here for ya

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Naw, some of the guys are just breaking balls over CFD. They(confederate) have a pretty **** track record here, people get defensive over it. A lot of customers were screwed over. PSA likes to keep history from repeating itself lol

I'm sure custom auto will do the job no problem. I think where people are coming from is that there are plenty of dedicated 6.7 performance shops out there that would probably handle your build with ease given what they have learned so far in r&d. As far as I know, CA has done nothing with a 6.7 that's note worthy. Not saying they can't or won't, but you'll probably be paying to be a guinea pig, and that can be painful and expensive if not handled right. Either way, it's your truck. Do what makes you feel comfortable. I think the guys here just don't want to see you take another kick to the nads over a build and they may be voicing skepticism.

Regardless, you're welcome here. Me personally, I'm glad to see your build taking place on the top Powerstroke site on the web. Lots of knowledge and resources here for ya

Well put

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Lysons

Reaction score

Very well said.

Dan

Reaction score

thanks for this!

and im very aware of cfds track record and knew fully what to expect from them AFTER i dropped the truck off hahaah maybe thats why im so "cill lax" and since there was no real storys out about them back in feb... anyways here we are! hahaha i hope those boys get their s*** together, they are really nice guys i cant deny that!

and as far as i know CA hasnt done much with the 6.7 either... but heres my logic, they are just turbos and waste gates, how hard can it be to build piping??? (i realize that there is a lot of science behind the wastgate setup and billows and headers etc etc etc, but is somewhat genaric in the comenrail diesel engine: maybe im wrong) so i looked for a shop that pushed the envelope with their engines and had an artist as a fabricator, and seeing what dutton has done blows my mind i am totally confident being the guinea pig! maybe i am being trusting but im sure james will treat me real well! :D

i will post pics on my build thread as things come along and i hope i am welcome here, as my goal is to push the 6.7 not step on toes or stir the pot i just wanna go fast!!!!

Danny26

Reaction score
thanks for this!

and im very aware of cfds track record and knew fully what to expect from them AFTER i dropped the truck off hahaah maybe thats why im so "cill lax" and since there was no real storys out about them back in feb... anyways here we are! hahaha i hope those boys get their s*** together, they are really nice guys i cant deny that!

and as far as i know CA hasnt done much with the 6.7 either... but heres my logic, they are just turbos and waste gates, how hard can it be to build piping??? (i realize that there is a lot of science behind the wastgate setup and billows and headers etc etc etc, but is somewhat genaric in the comenrail diesel engine: maybe im wrong) so i looked for a shop that pushed the envelope with their engines and had an artist as a fabricator, and seeing what dutton has done blows my mind i am totally confident being the guinea pig! maybe i am being trusting but im sure james will treat me real well! :D

i will post pics on my build thread as things come along and i hope i am welcome here, as my goal is to push the 6.7 not step on toes or stir the pot i just wanna go fast!!!!

You have very positive attitude considering what you went through with CFD!

I look forward to seeing how those big twins workout for ya! :rockon:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
thanks for this!

Shake and bake brother!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
why all the hate, just because i haven't done the all american thing and sue...

Don't pay attention to that Kyle guy , he is a douche. Love the attitude you have , I think you'll be just fine. After time you'll figure out who cares and who doesn't on this forum. Keep the direction you're going and you're good , IMO. I am a bit worried about turbo sizing. I think it may be really laggy.

Latest posts

Members online