6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

Dan

Reaction score
Don't pay attention to that Kyle guy , he is a douche. Love the attitude you have , I think you'll be just fine. After time you'll figure out who cares and who doesn't on this forum. Keep the direction you're going and you're good , IMO. I am a bit worried about turbo sizing. I think it may be really laggy.

thanks man!! hahah i guess those type of folks are everywhere, not just the powerstroke facebook page! hahah

and yeah that has been raised a few times about lag time but imo a loose converter (2500ish stall), a very low 1st gear ratio (3.97:1), a tight gtx42 housing and some low gears (4.10 vs 3.55) all mixed in with a 3700+rpm shift point wot and some well thought out trans tuning similar to the allison in tow/haul mode ill be in good shape!!! this build is going to love rpm!!! thats un deniable

i have already been messing with trans tuning for the current 68mm turbo thats on it w/ some major exhaust leaks (turbo lights at 2900 rpm) and have gotten a feel for what its going to be like and I'm totally ok with what im diving into! i realize that exhaust drive pressure leaks isnt a fair way to judge what my new setup will be like but it gives me an idea, if that makes any sense at all!! hahaha

i have considered a modded duramax vvt turbo as a high pressure turbo but shyed away from it soley based on the fact that it wouldnt flow near as much as a 42 and i enjoy the feedback i have of the 42! :clapping:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Sounds like he will be doing a lot of it himself. He is smarter than I am. I feel like if I changed one number in there I would forget or put in a decimal or something at grenade the motor lol

Sent from my I fone 5

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
1st off :welcome: to PSA and glad to see you still have ambition to push the envelope of the 6.7L after dealing with that cluster *** called confederate. I'm in for results

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
There is only one way to find out how laggy it will be.....and that's just try it! I'm thinking it may not be too horrible since we finally have a Powerstroke with some decent head flow plus large displacement. I can't wait to see how it turns out! I mean hell, guy in dpc was running a 70mm and 104mm at 6000 feet on his Cummins. To be sure you'll be able to spool yours. Good luck and keep us updated!

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Don't pay attention to that Kyle guy , he is a douche. Love the attitude you have , I think you'll be just fine. After time you'll figure out who cares and who doesn't on this forum. Keep the direction you're going and you're good , IMO. I am a bit worried about turbo sizing. I think it may be really laggy.

coming from a flat bill punk like yourself....

if he did some research before he spent his money, he would have/could have avoided this mess. he didnt so one would say he (didnt know any better). its nothing personal, it happened.

he asked the question, and recieved a answer. period.

Last edited:

MorganY

Reaction score
Dan, you may have plans for this when the truck is at custom auto. They need to un f*ck everything that truck has gone through. Un f*ck all of the little crap that was destroyed. The photos of that firewall made me cringe. Is anyone else worrying about the quality of the motor after CFD touched it?

01PSD

Reaction score
Dan, you may have plans for this when the truck is at custom auto. They need to un f*ck everything that truck has gone through. Un f*ck all of the little crap that was destroyed. The photos of that firewall made me cringe. Is anyone else worrying about the quality of the motor after CFD touched it?

I asked if CFD fixed the engine but got no response, that worries me!

Dan

Reaction score
I asked if CFD fixed the engine but got no response, that worries me!

:whs: I was wondering if he had CFD rebuild it or make them pay someone else do it....

sorry guys, yes it was a built by cfd that is suppsed to have carillo rods, push rods, valve springs and head studs.. of course i have no proof that any of that is actually in there cause i never had any pics of it going in... i do believe that its in there though!

and ill just address it, i am fully expecting this engine to pop and have to buy a new short block and do it again by a reputable engine builder (next time properly, with cut and coated pistons, big cam, valve job, ported heads and ported intake manifold) but for right now i have a "built" engine and im going to give this thing hell and cross the engine #2 bridge when i get there!

Dan

Reaction score

there are no plans for that at the moment.. BUT as i stated i am totally expecting to have another engine built, but instead of paying someone to go through whats going on there right now, ill wait for it to pop.. and hopfully i can get in with a shop like SPE or Elite..

and that fire wall is destroyed!!! hahaha and of course the firewall burnt smell has been sucked in the vents and the whole cab smells like it! no more new truck smell @ 38xxx km! hahahaha

Lysons

Reaction score
there are no plans for that at the moment.. BUT as i stated i am totally expecting to have another engine built, but instead of paying someone to go through whats going on there right now, ill wait for it to pop.. and hopfully i can get in with a shop like SPE or Elite..

and that fire wall is destroyed!!! hahaha and of course the firewall burnt smell has been sucked in the vents and the whole cab smells like it! no more new truck smell @ 38xxx km! hahahaha

CFD'S turned an awesome engine into a complete sh*t sandwich.
What a bunch of assholes.
This can't be legal what they do..

jdgleason

Reaction score
I gotta hand it to you man... You're attitude is awesome. Lots of us could take some lessons from you. Looking forward to the build.

01PSD

Reaction score
I gotta hand it to you man... You're attitude is awesome. Lots of us could take some lessons from you. Looking forward to the build.

Lots of us would look at it differently because we're unable to afford a 10-15 thousand dollar engine, assuming it's new. LOL

MorganY

Reaction score

Sorry for your luck. I hope you consider fixing the chopped up aftermath left by CFD. The evaporator should be cleaned, or replaced; even though you can't smell it sometimes, it may still be there, and can only be picked up with special equipment. These trucks with big $ in them are investments with a fraction of the return, so you might as well get the most of out of them and make sure they are In tip top shape.

As for custom auto, I don't know anything regarding them or their work. Be sure to ask for pictures of the work regularly, or go see it in person, long before the completion, so anything may be stopped in its tracks if need be. If you have a question about what something should look like, post it up here. Lots of smart people on here, with years of experience. This time around, there should be no reason you have to go through something like that again.

As for a built motor, because they are so new, you need to make sure it goes to a qualified builder, when it comes to a "built" motor. I wouldn't trust your average machine shop with them, or even your average Ford diesel technician (Yes, I know there are exceptions) with anything other than a stock rebuild.

I second your attitude as well, keep it up. Keep up with your build, and be involved with the shop, and here if need be. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Dan

Reaction score
please explain more about this evaporator.. is that the ac evaporator?

and is there a cab filter i can change to get rid of some smell?

and i learnt lots! hahaha this is the first truck i didnt buy parts and do the work myself

Latest posts

Members online