6.7 fuel pump on 7.3.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You 7.3 guys are a different breed. Why are you making this so complicated?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
lol. yeah, but a better breed then you 6.0 guys..

i was simply asking wtf would you run it back to the pump on a 7.3... from tank to prefilter/pump, to post filiter to heads to regulator to tank like avery other RR and be done.. easy peasy..

live life full throttle

Bluke

Reaction score
Why not hook it up like its hooked up in the 6.7. It's designed to work that way. He has all the parts. Just tie the return back to the pump. And run the return off the pump to the tank. It's simple. From what I've read the if the water separator is full it will divert the excess water back to the tank. If the return is plugged. It's going to send the water through the rest of the fuel system.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Why not hook it up like its hooked up in the 6.7. It's designed to work that way. He has all the parts. Just tie the return back to the pump. And run the return off the pump to the tank. It's simple. From what I've read the if the water separator is full it will divert the excess water back to the tank. If the return is plugged. It's going to send the water through the rest of the fuel system.
Where's the like button, besides guys the fuel lines already have the special size push lock hose fittings in them.

just waiting to use up more fuel, then install

Bluke

Reaction score
Also how are you hooking up the return from the pump to the tank? Going into the old suction line? It's all 1/2" so you may get a restriction there. Idk if it will or not. Why didn't you spring for a sump vs the draw straw?

campbellflage

Reaction score
Yeah, going to tie into the old draw. Didn't do a sump because I didn't want anything hanging down under the tank/possible leaks. The 6.7 draw straw is 1/2 inch, i think this will be ok, if not I can always do the sump later.

swinky

Reaction score

So if that's true the way I have it it will just put the water on the ground. Even better!

Bluke

Reaction score
You don't have the return ports plugged? I thought they needed plugged for proper operation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

swinky

Reaction score
You don't have the return ports plugged? I thought they needed plugged for proper operation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you're wrong. Had mine on since january without them plugged. pump seems to be doing great, trucks running strong.

Bluke

Reaction score
Good to know. Learn something everyday. What would happen if that thermostatic valve opens as stated earlier in the thread? It opens and dumps all your fuel on the ground? Sucks air and you run out of fuel? Just wondering.

swinky

Reaction score
Good to know. Learn something everyday. What would happen if that thermostatic valve opens as stated earlier in the thread? It opens and dumps all your fuel on the ground? Sucks air and you run out of fuel? Just wondering.

probably. I beat the hell out of this thing from FL to Nc this summer without issue though. I'm not worried about it. I think this pump flows enough to keep the fuel circulating and cooled down though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.