6.7 GT4094 Powermax Turbo Install

bricewise

Reaction score
Damn these kits don't seem to go smoothly. Kind of scares a person off.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Not to speak for dseitler but I'm completely happy. All of my issues are 100% amatuer issues.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Not to speak for dseitler but I'm completely happy. All of my issues are 100% amatuer issues.
I would be installing it myself also. As I am in canada and not that many good diesel shops near me.

Do you think the original boots would of worked if you used hair spray from the start?

Last edited:

bricewise

Reaction score
I would be installing it myself also. As I am in canada and not that many good diesel shops near me.

Do you think the original boots would of worked if you used hair spray from the start?

I had my kit sitting for the last 5 months and it was one of the first kits. Since then based on the pictures I've seen the kits have been coming with different boots than I originally got. Nathaniel from Elite overnighted me the new boots once I mentioned it.

The boot going from innercooler, I think if after the first time it blew, I took it off, cleaned it and put some hairspray on, I would have been fine.

I abused it yesterday for a good hour afterward I put boot back on then drove 200 miles and no issues.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I had my kit sitting for the last 5 months and it was one of the first kits. Since then based on the pictures I've seen the kits have been coming with different boots than I originally got. Nathaniel from Elite overnighted me the new boots once I mentioned it.

The boot going from innercooler, I think if after the first time it blew, I took it off, cleaned it and put some hairspray on, I would have been fine.

I abused it yesterday for a good hour afterward I put boot back on then drove 200 miles and no issues.

Oh ic, must of been a tough 5 months haha. Glad you have no issues now. I would love for elite todo the work and have it live tuned. But I am a long drive away. I imagen the wife would find a horse for me to buy down there lol.

How long does the install take when a shop does the kit?

bricewise

Reaction score
I just called a few random shops and for turbo it was 6-8 hours from what I remember. $90 an hour can get pretty expensive pretty quickly.

I was hesitant at first but glad I did it. Now I'm overconfident and want to build compounds. i'm a dumb fock i know.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I just called a few random shops and for turbo it was 6-8 hours from what I remember. $90 an hour can get pretty expensive pretty quickly.

I was hesitant at first but glad I did it. Now I'm overconfident and want to build compounds. i'm a dumb fock i know.

Build till your bank account or wife says no lol.

what are your plans for a transmission?

dseitler

Reaction score
I'm completely happy with the kit. All the parts fit perfect and the quality is amazing. The problem I am having is with the electronics and probably because it is a 2013. Everyone that I have read seems to have done the 11"s or 12"s with the exception of Mike I think. I'm driving the truck but on the Street setting and taking it easy. I wish I had the problem with blowing the boost hoses off!! I can deal with that.

Reaction score
Do you have dual pumps? If otherwise 600hp would be a little far fetched on stock pumps. Unless your on a crap dyno.

Other than that truck looks great.
Once you get the kit dialed in it will be fun.

dseitler

Reaction score
Could not find the stock Turbo

uju5a5at.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant believe know one got my joke about looking for the small stock turbo. LOL Tough Crowd.

dseitler

Reaction score
More pics after the install looking for leaks after 100 miles.
asa2ehet.jpg

y3ana3yt.jpg

uby7u7ep.jpg

8enabate.jpg

a4ypa7ag.jpg

Just wanted to show how well everything fits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Well I am more of a 6.0 powerstroke guy but I think some of the same priciples will apply. Please excuse my ancient 6.0 language.

Pull up the EBP, BARO, and MAP Absolute PID's. EBP needs to be within 1.09psi between the BARO and MAP absolute, otherwise Ford says the EBP sensor should be replaced. Key on engine off

Don't really think that is coincidental provided it was just fine before hand. Did you bend or kink the EBP tube at all?

Do what morganY said... make sure to check those figures are right first.

Can you check to see if the vgt is cycling. You should see the vgt duty cycle going up and down as you drive... it should not be locked in any 1 position.

I have seen plenty of garrett turbos come straight from the factory with the following issues... bad vgt solenoid, gears off on the vgt swing arm preventing full motion, vgt oil cavity empty causing the vgt not to cycle right until it fills up with oil. All these issues can cause two things... first the truck wont run right... then the computer will see weird values and lock the vgt duty cycle turning your truck into a laggy pig.

I have also experienced customers that installed a big vgt turbo and did not go through a relearn process and the computer did not like the new ebp/map numbers it was seeing and would go into default mode. The same thing can happen sometimes if you have an exhaust/boost leak and the computer does not like the ebp/map values and can go into default mode.

Try resetting the kam, clearing all codes, and then do a vgt re learn process so the truck does not freak out once it starts seeing such weird values.

Hope that helps a little

dseitler

Reaction score
Thanks. We are working on it and have fixed the EBP code. Working on the VGT now and making progress. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.