6.7 Performance

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
So what's the latest?

I wasn't really keeping up with anything 6.7 on PSN.

Who has a turbo fix? How are the numbers from the tunes lookin?

Any other hard parts in the works?

Is suncoast or any other trans builder looking at the 6R yet?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I really really have not kept up lol.

Last I knew they had reached mid 400's with an ok HP curve.

Hope to see that number go up with a better turbo, I hear it's an overfueled 400.

And hopefully the HP curve will look a little better.

Abrannan19

Reaction score
Industrial is working on a twin turbo kit.

Tune Options (dpf delete)
H&S
KEM
Spartan

DPF On tuning
Bullydog

As far as HP, they vary, I just saw a post of 470/1024 on the H&S page with a dpf delete and cold air intake. Its moving along and those numbers arent bad IMO

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
It will keep getting better and better like everything thing else...I'm sure the 6.7 will be a monster

KEM Performance

Reaction score
Who has a turbo fix?

Fix for what? so far we are seeing some great numbers with no turbo issues.

How are the numbers from the tunes lookin?

We have been seeing over 200RWHP!

Any other hard parts in the works?

Is suncoast or any other trans builder looking at the 6R yet?

After this last weekend, Suncoast will be working on some better trans pieces with us!:)

Mike

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Fix for what? so far we are seeing some great numbers with no turbo issues.

We have been seeing over 200RWHP!

After this last weekend, Suncoast will be working on some better trans pieces with us!:)

Mike

Thanks dick. I was serious though, I've been eying the trucks. But I don't need another mid 400HP heavy truck.

I already have two crew cab 7.3's.

I didn't mean to imply that the turbo had issues. I thought I'd read one of y'all talking about the truck being very overfueled at it's mid 400's. Which would lead one to believe that a better single or compounds would squeeze more out of your current tunes.

6L strokin

Reaction score
Thanks dick. I was serious though, I've been eying the trucks. But I don't need another mid 400HP heavy truck.

I already have two crew cab 7.3's.

I didn't mean to imply that the turbo had issues. I thought I'd read one of y'all talking about the truck being very overfueled at it's mid 400's. Which would lead one to believe that a better single or compounds would squeeze more out of your current tunes.

he was being serious.... his tuning is adding 200+ rwhp over stock and over the weekend he was at TS in bowling green and had some tranny problem running down the strip....

also if you have 7.3L trucks how are you not wanting to add "another mid 400hp truck"??? stock 7.3 are like 180 rwhp stock and 290-320 tuned....

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
he was being serious.... his tuning is adding 200+ rwhp over stock and over the weekend he was at TS in bowling green and had some tranny problem running down the strip....

also if you have 7.3L trucks how are you not wanting to add "another mid 400hp truck"??? stock 7.3 are like 180 rwhp stock and 290-320 tuned....

Thank you, wasn't aware I was only tuned :doh:

And if he's 200 over stock, then the 11's must be dogs stock.

Since I know that they aren't, I'll just go ahead and assume he's not 200 over stock just yet.

Which brings me back to my OP...

What's the latest?

6L strokin

Reaction score

Since I know that they aren't, I'll just go ahead and assume he's not 200 over stock just yet.

What's the latest?

K smartass.... Like u said u haven't kept up with em... Highly doubt u have 2 450+ rwhp 7.3s if so Congrads.... U have that stock 6.7 have around 330 rwhp correct? And that even though they are starting to ger higher power gains there is still torque management issues (ea launching off the line) so the 60 ft isn't great yet and he has already ran a 14 flat before the 200 hp tunes... No need to get smart really I'm sure my 6.7 would wax that 7.3 Tho ;)

jkidd_39

Reaction score

What's the latest?

But according to your sig you must be stock!! :D

I am interested your question too! I love the interior of the new 6.7.. but as far as performance goes haven't heard much.. and the grille is just awful!

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
im sure a kem tuned 6.7 would wax the floor with any chipped 7.3... they do well, my dads stock will keep my old tuned 6.0 in sight. now my tuned 6.4.... dif story LOL

jkidd_39

Reaction score
I got a KEM tuned truck and a 7.3 that isn's making anywhere near the power.. but I still love the loud nasty 7.3 exhaust sound.. my 6.4 is so quiet even w/ a 4inch DP and 5 inch exhaust..

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I owe Mike an apology. Last night I took his post to mean 200 total RWHP, meaning he was being a smart ass.

So, sorry Mike, I shouldn't have been a smart ass. That's good news that you're seeing increases of 200 through tuning. I for one, am hoping it has more potential to unlock however.

So it's untrue that the turbo is becoming the restriction in the mid 4's?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
K smartass.... Like u said u haven't kept up with em... Highly doubt u have 2 450+ rwhp 7.3s if so Congrads.... U have that stock 6.7 have around 330 rwhp correct? And that even though they are starting to ger higher power gains there is still torque management issues (ea launching off the line) so the 60 ft isn't great yet and he has already ran a 14 flat before the 200 hp tunes... No need to get smart really I'm sure my 6.7 would wax that 7.3 Tho ;)

I'd also like to apologize for challenging your ego. It was rude of me to suggest your truck had not yet achieved anything my 9 and 14 year old trucks hadn't.

Your truck is better.

Goose

Reaction score
Talked to a buddy of mine last night. He said his "lightly tuned" 6.7 is faster than his studded race tuned 6.0l. He also said his stock 6.7 was as fast as his street tuned 6.0l.

I remember then the 6.7s first came out all the tuners were saying a tuned 6.7 wouldnt be as fast as a tuned 6.4 because of the restrictive turbo.

Last edited:

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Talked to a buddy of mine last night. He said his "lightly tuned" 6.7 is faster than his studded race tuned 6.0l. He also said his stock 6.7 was as fast as his street tuned 6.0l.

I remember then the 6.7s first came out all the tuners were said a tuned 6.7 wouldnt be as fast as a tuned 6.4 because of the restrictive turbo.

Right, that's what I'm talkin about. Everybody I know with one agree's that they're faster than their tuned 6.0 was right off the showroom floor.

And I was starting to wonder if I was the only one that heard the turbo was gonna be an issue.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Right, that's what I'm talkin about. Everybody I know with one agree's that they're faster than their tuned 6.0 was right off the showroom floor.

And I was starting to wonder if I was the only one that heard the turbo was gonna be an issue.

i feel you on the turbo issue. While I have not heard issues on them. By just looking at the design of the turbo system I question the cooling capacity of the charger. The external intake/internal exhaust ports is a fantastic idea for efficiency. However once we add timing and fuel creating more heat how will that system workout?

The best idea I saw on the 6.7 was the oil cooler down by the pan. Someone put on there smarty pants that day.

Only time will tell what problems we see with this engine..

and for the record being humble is a rare and good thing. I never fear the cummins kids wanting to race my 6.4 running on about there stacked chips.. it's the quiet guy not saying anything I worry about.

Members online

No members online now.