6.7 Performance

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
i feel you on the turbo issue. While I have not heard issues on them. By just looking at the design of the turbo system I question the cooling capacity of the charger. The external intake/internal exhaust ports is a fantastic idea for efficiency. However once we add timing and fuel creating more heat how will that system workout?

The best idea I saw on the 6.7 was the oil cooler down by the pan. Someone put on there smarty pants that day.

Only time will tell what problems we see with this engine..

and for the record being humble is a rare and good thing. I never fear the cummins kids wanting to race my 6.4 running on about there stacked chips.. it's the quiet guy not saying anything I worry about.

;)

And Grayson you spelled grammar wrong when you edited your post...

young7.3

Reaction score
I saw a bone stock 2011 dyno 350 hp. I forgot the torgue, low 700ish. So if they are getting another 200 hp out of them, thats awesome. Not doughting anyone hear. I think these will be kickass with twins on em. But where do you put them at?LOLLOLLOLLOL

utlonghorns416

Reaction score
K smartass.... Like u said u haven't kept up with em... Highly doubt u have 2 450+ rwhp 7.3s if so Congrads.... U have that stock 6.7 have around 330 rwhp correct? And that even though they are starting to ger higher power gains there is still torque management issues (ea launching off the line) so the 60 ft isn't great yet and he has already ran a 14 flat before the 200 hp tunes... No need to get smart really I'm sure my 6.7 would wax that 7.3 Tho ;)

:whs:

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
So basically the new 6.7 is around about the same performance of a race tuned 6.0? What are the best track times and dyno numbers so far. At this point seems the 6.4 is still king of the hill for power. Even the twins in the other posts are under what a 6.4 will do with just a tuner.... And yes your 6.7 might wax my 6.0 or someone elses 7.3.. That is not the point being made. The point being made is why spend 65 grand on a truck that makes 400hp tuned when he could get a higher amount of power for a lot less in a nearly new truck. If I had the cash to buy a new truck this would weigh heavily on what I would buy. The ideal of 5.0 new mustang performance, 70's sized caddy cab space and a high payload/ towing capacity all in one package is hard to beat. So far the 6.7 dosent have a whole lot more to offer in my eyes.

09stroker

Reaction score
The point being made is why spend 65 grand on a truck that makes 400hp tuned when he could get a higher amount of power for a lot less in a nearly new truck.

Because some people like having new trucks that are not all beat up. Not saying all are but some people would rather just trade a truck in and have a nice new one. Not everyone wants max power, if you do fine but not everyone does.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Perfectly understood. I was looking around at what they had done with the truck hp so far. It sounds like a killer motor. Also sounds like ford may have one upped the a/m by reining in the potential hp gains. Very smart on fords part to make a person mod a lot more to get hi power. Most will limit it to a tuner only and not add turbos and fuel systems etc. So warranty dollars spent will be less.

09stroker

Reaction score
I agree. I feel like this motor has alot of potential to make power if ford feels like upping the power in stock form. New turbo and/or pump and it should be good to go, no drastic changes. I would think haha...

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
These trucks are really as quick stock as a tuned 6.0l? I just find it hard to believe, not saying it isn't true. I just can't comprehend driving off the lot in a truck thats moves like my 6.0l.

04stroker

Reaction score
These trucks are really as quick stock as a tuned 6.0l? I just find it hard to believe, not saying it isn't true. I just can't comprehend driving off the lot in a truck thats moves like my 6.0l.

Not quite. They will keep a rave tuned 6.0 in sight but the 6.0 will take it. We have 50,000 miles on the 6.7 with zero issues. The tuning is coming along nicely as well. I don't think they will overtake a tuned 6.4 but I think it shouldn't be too far away. Only time will tell.

09stroker

Reaction score
My bros 6.0 didnt seem to take me when I raced him with my dads new 6.7.....but your right no way it will take a 6.4 with the 310. I did race my dad the other day I had the 210 loaded and he was only on the 165 tune and I could not catch him, just stayed right with him the whole time on his tail but never advanced.

Edit:I see now that you may have meant to say race tuned 6.0, my bro was running matts SLR+ tune or whatever they call it, so it may have been close on a race tune but I pulled away on him
Hey every truck is different right

Last edited:

Ia PWRSTKE

Reaction score
I have had a chipped 7.3, Tuned 6.0 and my 08 had tow powers and an H&S. I LOVED my 6.4 but I dont regret getting my 6.7. It is the nicest truck ford has ever made. I am happy with stock power for now even though I had TONS of power with my 6.4. I also still have a tuned 2000 7.3. It makes a great farm truck but cant compare to my new truck or my 08. My point is, The 6.7 is not a let down in anyway and I feel no shortage of power with great drivability.

07strokerftw

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
For the average American truck owner... and probably 90% of those that own these trucks, the HP and TQ levels the 6.7 provides is more than enough to get the job done right. Loving every bit of what Ford is doing with these new platforms for the most part.

Members online

No members online now.