6.7 project, the good and the bad.

bricewise

Reaction score
Well I can't say I disagree with what you guys are saying. But the fact of the matter is that I paid them to do a job and expected results that were worth my money. I do understand things taking longer for unexpected reasons, but why tell me to bring my truck down when they couldn't get it in their shop for 4 months? I understand they wanted the buisness but that seems a little extreme. And I don't mind working on my truck. I actually enjoy it. I made my own fancy little bracket for the dip sticks, and probably tomorrow I will touch up the pipe they ground to fit. But it's more of a principle thing. People always talked about how good their work is, and I pick it up and see these things.(also the truck was finished two weeks before I could come down and get it) they had plenty of time to look it over and make sure it was good to go. And as far as me pushing them about the date I don't think I have them too hard a time considering the circumstances... I was mostly pissed during the whole process because I was originally quoted head studs in my build. But when I started talking with buddy they said they never mentioned that.

Estimate is exactly that an estimate of work not a guaranteed price, but if you were quoted for head studs and didn't get head studs thats a legitimate complaint. Otherwise whats the issue?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Spider webs. Really?

I see what Judge Judy has to say about the spider webs before I went ANY FURTHER...

O.J. Simpsons ex lawyer is looking for work... might call him.

Buddy@MPD

Reaction score
When I took over handling your build from Greg because of communication issues I looked back through all of the estimates and e-mails after I asked you about head studs. I wasn't able to find any estimates with any brand of head stud on them. I know you sent me pictures of your conversations with Greg about them but those were that, just conversations, no written estimates. At that time there wasn't a company that had a set of studs on the market. We had the first set of studs from Extreme Studs and they weren't correct. I believe I even told you that in one of my many emails. When the first engine locked up I offered you the opportunity to have us install a set of studs (no charge for labor obviously) into the block when we put it back together. At that point you said no because you didn't want to pay for them.

I have answered every e-mail you have sent me over the past few months that I have been dealing with your build within a very reasonable time period including weekends and holidays. Just so happens that I don't respond to an e-mail right away this time because I was spending time with my wife and kid on my birthday. As Jared stated before, we all have lives outside of work. Yes you have an issue with your truck but with my track record of actually returning all of your e-mails and phone calls consistently I would have appreciated a chance to respond before you went and tried to throw me and MPD under the bus.

bricewise

Reaction score
Last edited:

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score

powerstroke22

Reaction score
This thread is comical for sure.

Still can't get over the fact that people think that they are owed free parts or parts at cost just because they choose that shop to build there truck.

bricewise

Reaction score
This thread is comical for sure.

Still can't get over the fact that people think that they are owed free parts or parts at cost just because they choose that shop to build there truck.

Hey now man. He didn't order the spider therefore he should get free ****!

Buddy@MPD

Reaction score
Mike is correct. It has a few studs and a few head bolts. We have the correct new studs sitting at the shop but no reason to pull the engine apart yet.

swinky

Reaction score
Mike is correct. It has a few studs and a few head bolts. We have the correct new studs sitting at the shop but no reason to pull the engine apart yet.
That's awesome. You guys are always the guinea pigs so the rest of us can avoid the hassle of having to try new stuff on a daily driver. Too bad y'all didn't have any patience with "project proving grounds" if you want a good laugh read the first post of that thread and compare it to what actually happened.

Buddy@MPD

Reaction score
We still have plans for the proving grounds truck. They just took a turn to the wild side when we started messing around with a few ideas pertaining to building injectors haha

swinky

Reaction score
We still have plans for the proving grounds truck. They just took a turn to the wild side when we started messing around with a few ideas pertaining to building injectors haha
Makes sense man. We all know how it goes. Glad to see the 371 worked well.

Latest posts

Members online