6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Glad your pushing the boundaries for everyone else. It makes our lives cheaper and easier. However I'd be curious what made you land on needing a girdle?

The crank flex has led to needing something better in the bottom end. We are going to start with main caps over a girdle.

Dan

Reaction score
Thanks for explaining that tadd and Either way I'm just excited to get it back up an running! Those were a pretty fun 2 days! Hahaha and no, kaleb, everything's practically staying the same at this point... Was tossing around a few different ideas but for right now a new short block, change a few things with the cooling system and off to the races...

The more I think about the oil cooler deal, I'm going to have to leave the stock oil cooler and add an auxiliary cooler off the filter housing like tadd had suggested to me, that way in the winter I don't end up with overly cold oil... Same goes with trans cooler I'd say anyways I'm just thinking out loud here...

Thanks for working through this with me tadd! I appreciate it

bricewise

Reaction score
The crank flex has led to needing something better in the bottom end. We are going to start with main caps over a girdle.

Seems reasonable. Was curious simply because I see a lot of folks talking about the cross drilled bolt mains but at the end of the day there is what only 2-3 high HP 6.7s. While 2 are not having an issue, that doesn't mean it's not a potential issue.

If it turns out girdle is overkill like I said thanks can for doing the leg work.

Dan

Reaction score
It means where's my engine mr elite diesel?

Why does everyone have to get right pissed off to get their bought and paid for crap from you?

Crack85

Reaction score

Why does everyone have to get right pissed off to get their bought and paid for crap from you?

LOL.....probably not gonna get ur parts faster taking this route.

Last edited:

Crack85

Reaction score
Its been 4 months. Pretty sure he has the right the get antsy at this point!

LOL...pretty sure there's a nice waiting list at elite. Myself included....so I will stick to my statement and say that's probably not the best way to deal with situation. That's all I'll say.

CATDiezel

Reaction score

They might spit in your intake.... I'd be careful.

Lol

Dan

Reaction score
I'll tell you what there oncrack85 I'm at the end of my fuse with this mother bleeping truck. The last thing I need is you preaching about waiting lists and crap. You don't think I've waited long enough? May 2012 I've been without my daily driver. I haven't been on here crying and pointing blame about my engine blowing up, I took it like a man and forked out the cash for a new one and now, since the timeline I was given is passed, I'm firmly asking, Tadd, when is my engine going to be ready for pickup?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I feel no sympathy for you. You have been on the forum long enough to know that Elite is always behind and it is the norm for things to take months or more longer than expected to get things from them.

Why people order stuff from them after reading what there service is like and then come on here and b*tch about it is beyond me. :fustrate::fustrate::fustrate:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.