6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Lol means its a long thread.
Dan I hope you get everything worked out. Being patient can only last for so long before some one is going to want to start seeing results on something that is paid for and is past the dead line.

Sent from my I fone 5

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Sad....

I can understand Dans frustration. I've been busy enough to politely tell people I simply cannot get to it. And honesty with them has had them come back a later date when I could. I have always worked alone and self contracted. Never once left a man waiting for months on end with endless false delivery dates.

Most people don't believe this but I MADE MORE with less work overall than I would have cramming work and pissing customers off.

Business ethics 101.... was a good class in college. Lol

In the past we made many mistakes and didn't do things right. We have been working very hard on improving this over the last 6 months. Engines and Transmissions are getting finished in the order placed. I also know it will take years for us to live that down.

Madman, it is just one builder, me. I do the engines and trans. We have been climbing out of a hole that we created and it is taking time.

That being said, I have been 100% honest with Dan, and when he has asked for dates I have been 100% honest on the status of items and any items that were 3rd party I gave my best guess with the full explanation that this was happening outside Elite and that we have zero control over that. Dan hasn't been waiting month after month being strung along. He has had full information.

Dan comes from an industry where everything happens overnight. He has admitted this. They need it tomorrow and they get it, but they also pay for that service. I didn't charge Dan for the service nor did I offer it. He expects it but that is his own mistake not Elite's.

3 weeks ago Dan was notified that the CNC mill had gone down (for milling the valve pockets in the pistons) and that we had lost 2 weeks worth of time and also that Ford was back ordered on the head gasket. I suggested at that point that perhaps he should find someone else with a less busy schedule. He declined. Why am I at fault when he knew the holdups, he knew that the dates were approximate, and he chose to keep the engine with us. This was only 3 weeks ago and the dates were realistic and 100% honest based on the knowledge provided by third party vendors.

I did communicate with Dan, so please stop the no communication stories. In the past, yes, but not on this occasion.

I truly believe that what brought this to a head was that Dan texted me on Sunday while I was spending time with my family. Then he texted me again on Labor day. He texted me on my personal cell phone and I did not respond over the holiday. Never have I offered to be at his beck and call and when a customer thinks that they own me or my personal time, that is when said customer and I part ways.

So Cat and Madman, how have I veered off the path so clearly stated in the above quote and in Madman's post.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
In the past we made many mistakes and didn't do things right. We have been working very hard on improving this over the last 6 months. Engines and Transmissions are getting finished in the order placed. I also know it will take years for us to live that down.

Madman, it is just one builder, me. I do the engines and trans. We have been climbing out of a hole that we created and it is taking time.

That being said, I have been 100% honest with Dan, and when he has asked for dates I have been 100% honest on the status of items and any items that were 3rd party I gave my best guess with the full explanation that this was happening outside Elite and that we have zero control over that. Dan hasn't been waiting month after month being strung along. He has had full information.

Dan comes from an industry where everything happens overnight. He has admitted this. They need it tomorrow and they get it, but they also pay for that service. I didn't charge Dan for the service nor did I offer it. He expects it but that is his own mistake not Elite's.

3 weeks ago Dan was notified that the CNC mill had gone down (for milling the valve pockets in the pistons) and that we had lost 2 weeks worth of time and also that Ford was back ordered on the head gasket. I suggested at that point that perhaps he should find someone else with a less busy schedule. He declined. Why am I at fault when he knew the holdups, he knew that the dates were approximate, and he chose to keep the engine with us. This was only 3 weeks ago and the dates were realistic and 100% honest based on the knowledge provided by third party vendors.

I did communicate with Dan, so please stop the no communication stories. In the past, yes, but not on this occasion.

I truly believe that what brought this to a head was that Dan texted me on Sunday while I was spending time with my family. Then he texted me again on Labor day. He texted me on my personal cell phone and I did not respond over the holiday. Never have I offered to be at his beck and call and when a customer thinks that they own me or my personal time, that is when said customer and I part ways.

So Cat and Madman, how have I veered off the path so clearly stated in the above quote and in Madman's post.

If that's the case then so be it. I wouldn't respond either on a holiday or the weekend. And I don't bother people on the holiday or weekend in return either unless it's via email to there business line. And expect no return until business hours.

I wouldn't say this is a bashing elite story. I would take it as a time managment consideration though.

There are usually two sides to every story and often times the truth is in the middle somewhere. But in your case it looks like 100% honesty so.. so be it...

All too often I see these threads and all too often I also find the men building these engines are logged onto Facebook and powerstroke websites all day periodically. It's a bad addiction for most. Lol. But man what a lot of time gets wasted right there.

ncollins64

Reaction score

There's always 2 sides. Good info Tadd

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Exactly the conversation we had yesterday, I shared my opinions with you on it. I think you made the right decision to walk away from this one, too many favors were done to push him ahead of the rest for DPC that went unnoticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Can't we have a big hug and get along? Come on now, Dan was blowing off steam and now you've slapped him down. Perhaps cooler heads could prevail and finish the job as started, then everyone will be happy.

And then we can all live vicariously thru another rocketship 6.7 :)

50_shooter

Reaction score
Can't we have a big hug and get along? Come on now, Dan was blowing off steam and now you've slapped him down. Perhaps cooler heads could prevail and finish the job as started, then everyone will be happy.

And then we can all live vicariously thru another rocketship 6.7 :)

I agree. I keep hearing all this hoopla about elite's work, and I wanted to see what came about when someone had a ridiculous amount of money to throw at one of these 6.7's. Ya gotta finish it since it didn't last 2 seconds the first try. 4everboosted1 is the only success story I can remember reading about...

jdgleason

Reaction score
The motor lasted until Dan did a whole bunch of multiple stage nitrous pulls on the highway with no fan shroud and didn't watch temps and it cooked the motor and locked up... Not sure how that's an elite issue?

50_shooter

Reaction score
Not saying it was. Shyt happens. I don't understand why it didn't have a shroud on it to begin with??? I'm saying no one likes a quitter.

swinky

Reaction score
Time off is time off but when somebody is spending that kinda money I'd at least make a quick call on Sunday. Yes he shouldn't of called but if you're a one man shop trying to dig yourself out of a whole maybe a 5 minute phone call on a Sunday wouldn't hurt.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.