6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

bricewise

Reaction score
Time off is time off but when somebody is spending that kinda money I'd at least make a quick call on Sunday. Yes he shouldn't of called but if you're a one man shop trying to dig yourself out of a whole maybe a 5 minute phone call on a Sunday wouldn't hurt.

That's you. Tadd chose to spend time with family and Ill side with that everytime. Dan knew what he was paying for and it didn't include 24 on-call service

swinky

Reaction score
That's you. Tadd chose to spend time with family and Ill side with that everytime. Dan knew what he was paying for and it didn't include 24 on-call service
Yuhpp, just what I and every shop I've worked with would do if I was a respectful customer with a good relationship. Can't speak for tadd and Dan's relationship before all this.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I used to do that, and i almost lost the woman I wanted to be with because id answer every phone call to help people. 1 phone call and another, and all those friends you were just trying to help have suddenly taken up 2 of the 4-6 hours you have to spend with your loved ones. There comes a time when you have to draw a line between work and family. Unless it's a close friend of mine, I mark all messages unread until business hours, no exceptions unless it is a time sensitive emergency. Does it make me come off as a dick, possibly. But you have to remember we make ourselves accessible from Monday - Friday 8-5 and sometimes Saturdays. Nothing was going to change on whether Tadd answered Tuesday morning or Sunday/Monday. Here's the point. When Elite Diesel is closed, Tadd, Nathannial, and Levi have their own lives, that don't involve trucks, and they aren't obligated to do anything to anyone. If they choose to do anything extracurricular, that is in their good will. Exactly why I don't give out my cell number anymore unless it is an emergency or a rare exception.

Like I said, sorry if I come off as a dick, but I side with Tadd on this 100% from a business aspect, and as a friend whose been cornered in this situation and had to draw the line between on and off the time clock.

Sorry for the rant..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I used to do that, and i almost lost the woman I wanted to be with because id answer every phone call to help people. 1 phone call and another, and all those friends you were just trying to help have suddenly taken up 2 of the 4-6 hours you have to spend with your loved ones. There comes a time when you have to draw a line between work and family. Unless it's a close friend of mine, I mark all messages unread until business hours, no exceptions unless it is a time sensitive emergency. Does it make me come off as a dick, possibly. But you have to remember we make ourselves accessible from Monday - Friday 8-5 and sometimes Saturdays. Nothing was going to change on whether Tadd answered Tuesday morning or Sunday/Monday. Here's the point. When Elite Diesel is closed, Tadd, Nathannial, and Levi have their own lives, that don't involve trucks, and they aren't obligated to do anything to anyone. If they choose to do anything extracurricular, that is in their good will. Exactly why I don't give out my cell number anymore unless it is an emergency or a rare exception.

Like I said, sorry if I come off as a dick, but I side with Tadd on this 100% from a business aspect, and as a friend whose been cornered in this situation and had to draw the line between on and off the time clock.

Sorry for the rant..

I completely agree 100%. Well said Jared.

50_shooter

Reaction score
I wonder what happened or was so important to call on sunday rather than the Friday before, or waiting until Tuesday?

That being said, I know a lot of companies around here that have grown too fast. It seems like once they blow past a few deadlines they start to not be ashamed of breaking their word, and before you know it they never can hit a deadline, and lie every time, telling you what you want to hear, when they know full well there is no way they can make it happen. They are too greedy to turn down the work, and knowing the customers schedule, they really should have turned it down. Being covered up like that isn't good for the soul either. I've been there. Seriously felt helpless to the point of suicidal thoughts. Couldn't find anybody to hire to help me that could do anything, and nobody really wanted to work, they just wanted a paycheck. It isn't the easiest thing to be a business owner. I can't imagine trying to be a high performance engine builder and finding good help...

taterthedog

Reaction score
Just a little observation. I don't know if this was the case here or not, but I would imagine Dan works shift work of some kind as I do. Lots of times it is easy to lose track of what day it is and phone, message, or email someone on the weekend, when the weekend days are just regular work days to you. I've done this before, myself. Still though, I never expect to get a reply till regular business hours, because everyone deserves time off from their job. Nothing unreasonable about that.

I don't know Dan or the specifics of this situation, just thought I would add a little thought from the sidelines.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I've worked 12hr days for 3 months straight, 7 days a week, never forgot what day it was. Only days I forget are holidays, last year I didn't know what day thanksgiving was, and I still don't remember.

B585Ford

Reaction score

Sorry for the rant..

Excellent post and I give you all the credit in the world for it. Given the fact that Elite is a competitor to RCD, you obviously have nothing to gain financially by that post...if it is does anything, it would hurt your business so I applaud you for providing your unbiased opinion.

taterthedog

Reaction score
I've worked 12hr days for 3 months straight, 7 days a week, never forgot what day it was. Only days I forget are holidays, last year I didn't know what day thanksgiving was, and I still don't remember.

Don't mean it can't happen though. Everybody is different.

Dan

Reaction score
I've worked 2438 hours since the beginning of the year. 90% of that, night shift. I don't put those kinda hours in to support a guy who strolls in at 10 and plays on his computer all day while I'm waiting for my mother f*ckin engine. That's not happening. Chalk it up however you want it doesn't bother me one spec, i might be the asshole here, but here's how it is mr Jared from river city diesel, you talk about me not having any appreciation for Tadd going above and beyond and bumping my build blah blah, Tadd gave me a time line, he exceeded that time by MONTHS. Now the same thing is happening, "5 weeks"...I don't care what your "reputation" is if you tell me something and you don't provide that, your a lier. Then to come up with every sorta excuse in the book... That's ridiculous.

Monday was a holiday? Oops. Cary on all you elite nut swingers

Crack85

Reaction score
LOL.....Seems like u were on that wagon earlier this yr....I wish you good luck with your build man, and I honestly mean that.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've worked 2438 hours since the beginning of the year. 90% of that, night shift. I don't put those kinda hours in to support a guy who strolls in at 10 and plays on his computer all day while I'm waiting for my mother f*ckin engine. That's not happening. Chalk it up however you want it doesn't bother me one spec, i might be the asshole here, but here's how it is mr Jared from river city diesel, you talk about me not having any appreciation for Tadd going above and beyond and bumping my build blah blah, Tadd gave me a time line, he exceeded that time by MONTHS. Now the same thing is happening, "5 weeks"...I don't care what your "reputation" is if you tell me something and you don't provide that, your a lier. Then to come up with every sorta excuse in the book... That's ridiculous.

Monday was a holiday? Oops. Cary on all you elite nut swingers

yep, Monday was an AMERICAN holiday .

Dan

Reaction score
Elite diesel is so quick to point fingers at custom auto, put your fingers back in your pockets and remember you were 2+ MONTHS late with that engine. Also explain to me how a BOTTOM fan shroud at 100+mph is going to spin main bearings... Actually don't bother it's going to sound as pathetic as your excuses as to why stuff's not done. Go buy some plastigauge and focus on missing the dates you promise your customers.

Inline6359

Reaction score
I've worked 2438 hours since the beginning of the year. 90% of that, night shift.

Also in Canada. Thing is most of us work 7 days a week up here

I have one of the ****tiest work schedules of anybody i know with ridiculous hours and i still fail to see the point of both these statements. :wtf: other then i guess we dont do that in the states and we should be handing out cookies??

jkatzman

Reaction score
Dan you choose to put you hard earned money into a one off build, how did you expect it to go. Im assuming you work in the oil/gas field you cant tell me you haven't been on projects that have exceeded the deadline by weeks if not months. The only big rush projects I have been on that actually make deadline, end up exceeding budget and projected hrs worked its insane. If these truck builds were so easy and cut/dry, anyone and everyone with some money to burn would be doing it. Your lucky enough to have the money to spend and ability to have your truck tore apart for extend lengths of time for a build like this. Put you big boy pants on and suck it up. builds like these are always a work in progress and have ups and downs. If you aren't prepared to deal with the time, money, and unexpected issues that come with them you have no business being involved in a build like this. I know Jared had a customers truck for a year and half almost if a remember right. Now the customer has one badass Harley ford from what I know of. These things take time and money period, I understand the frustration but either accept it or wait till there is a proven build/kit, buy that and not be the "first" or "only"... I cant see how any other shop that also has other customers to deal with and cant do everything in house could have done it faster and with less issues....

Last edited:

bricewise

Reaction score
Whatever happened to Dan on cloud 9 telling Caleb and Erik that things are worth the wait? You got jokes man.

image273.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.