6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
OK so I have a legitimate question for Dan. Now that you've showed your ignorance and child like behavior on one of the biggest internet sites involved with the diesel community and not mentioning how word of your stupidity has more than likely spread like wildfire through the majority of reputable engine builders places of establishments... Who is going to finish the engine build now that you've plssed in everyone's cheerios?

Coming from my experience as a hired contractor... If someone is wanting work done but is known to whine, cry, and bash my name if said work isn't done on schedule, or they go after initial job is finished and *** it up and want me to bust my a$$ to fix there screw up and still proceed to bash and berate my name online. I would tell them to get bent and they can go *** themselves all the way out the door.

So... Which one of these fine engine builders is going to wipe your ungrateful tears away?

Maybe a guy who thinks Elite & Confederation both suck....and maybe a guy that likes to make money.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
And to take the risk of him berating my reputation like he's known to do.... I'll pass.

That is why you lay out exactly what to expect in the beginning. Any customer has potential to do this, it is simply unavoidable. At some point someone will be irritated. I personally have no clue how bad Dan really is or isn't. The truth is most of the BS that happens goes un noticed and nobody says anything...As far as Dan's next place that will have to fall on the next guy, hopefully they have that critical conversation in the beginning and "he" can decide if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Dan will have to find a shop where he is their sole focus. Give him a deadline that they can easily meet.

If said small shop could make it work and keep dan happy. It could be good for their business. Dan would ear beat you to death about that shop.

bricewise

Reaction score
Dan will have to find a shop where he is their sole focus. Give him a deadline that they can easily meet.

If said small shop could make it work and keep dan happy. It could be good for their business. Dan would ear beat you to death about that shop.

Who gives a crap what he says about the new shop he goes too. He's already proven, like a little puppy, if you give him attention he loves you, if not he ****s in your house.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Who gives a crap what he says about the new shop he goes too. He's already proven, like a little puppy, if you give him attention he loves you, if not he ****s in your house.

I have had a puppy **** in my house but the puppy never gave me thousands of dollars.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Say the average CNC machine is 100,000$. And each 6.7 turbo kit profits 750$, they need to sell 133 kits to pay for the machine.... I'm pretty sure it would pay for itself pretty quick... Not to mention all the other products they could make and have available quickly.
We have over 500k in machinery here at our facility just to machine parts for kits and build injectors...
machining for engines is completely different than machining parts and is a whole different learning curve which is why most shops out source engine machining to the people that do it everyday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
That is why you lay out exactly what to expect in the beginning. Any customer has potential to do this, it is simply unavoidable. At some point someone will be irritated. I personally have no clue how bad Dan really is or isn't. The truth is most of the BS that happens goes un noticed and nobody says anything...As far as Dan's next place that will have to fall on the next guy, hopefully they have that critical conversation in the beginning and "he" can decide if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Over the last 10 years in this industry and from the beginning at Ford-diesel.com and then as the major thedieselstop. This has gone on over and over again. And as usual a new name in the performance industry arises. Look what happened WAY BACK with swamps diesel performance. I ca remember when people would not even wipe their rear end with ol Mr golfers name. Now I would positively say that he leads the 7.3L market happily.

But. Some of Mr Swamps success and changes came from a little published criticism in the industry. Now. He holds the standards high. (Btw. This is not a slam at swamps) if I were back in the 7.3l world it would be swamps. Ol Bean even came out of the hands of Golfer if memory serves me correctly.

But there are also those that couldn't hold up and fell off the Wagon all together.

Business is business.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Over the last 10 years in this industry and from the beginning at Ford-diesel.com and then as the major thedieselstop. This has gone on over and over again. And as usual a new name in the performance industry arises. Look what happened WAY BACK with swamps diesel performance. I ca remember when people would not even wipe their rear end with ol Mr golfers name. Now I would positively say that he leads the 7.3L market happily.

But. Some of Mr Swamps success and changes came from a little published criticism in the industry. Now. He holds the standards high. (Btw. This is not a slam at swamps) if I were back in the 7.3l world it would be swamps. Ol Bean even came out of the hands of Golfer if memory serves me correctly.

But there are also those that couldn't hold up and fell off the Wagon all together.

Business is business.

Ya....And Wide Open left

Spatel23

Reaction score
No. My work ethics is why I live alone in a small farm house with 2 cats and a garage filled with cool **** and empty beer cans. Lol. The ugliness is merely an added bonus! I wasn't lucky enough to knock up a hotty like you at a young age so she was stuck with my ugly ass!

There is so much gay in this statement.........

LMAO......I was thinking the same thing.

WTF Jared

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

Business is business.

If you don't have anything to add , stop posting. Lotta dribble coming from your keyboard these days. Tired of people posting worthless crap in this thread , it's isn't just you either.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
If you don't have anything to add , stop posting. Lotta dribble coming from your keyboard these days. Tired of people posting worthless crap in this thread , it's isn't just you either.

Cinco de dango
Hexa dang?
Sept dang
dang bang ?
Basket bang
Bazinga
Yatzy!

Wayne

Reaction score
pretty ironic you posting this, considering how much you have to do with it. any idea where this engine is supposed to go wayne? care to comment? i really hope you arent soliciting business here .

:confused:Since you brought it up, here goes: I have made observational comments, just like everybody else outside, looking in. That's about it as far as psa is concerned. The train wreck comment is in reference to the fact that this thread is all over the board with tons of people offering all sorts of insight, & business ethics suggestions to both parties without knowing the whole story, as well as people airing out others' dirty laundry in public. That's a train wreck IMO.

I know you and Tadd talk on a regular basis, so I'm sure you're aware I offered to assemble Dan's engine for him. I have nothing to gain by trying to destroy anybody here. The reputations we all have here speak for themselves. All of the communication between Dan and I regarding this has taken place outside of PSA on the phone. How you gathered that I'm soliciting business here is beyond me. Whether or not I do the job is up in the air. Unless/until a box of parts shows up at my door, nothing's final anyway. I'm obviously not a vendor here, which is why you don't see me running around trying to sell stuff. Again, the only reason I mention any of it is because you brought it up.

I think both Dan and Elite are better off in the short, and long term by parting ways, so let's call this an ugly way for both parties to take a good step forward.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
:confused:Since you brought it up, here goes: I have made observational comments, just like everybody else outside, looking in. That's about it as far as psa is concerned. The train wreck comment is in reference to the fact that this thread is all over the board with tons of people offering all sorts of insight, & business ethics suggestions to both parties without knowing the whole story, as well as people airing out others' dirty laundry in public. That's a train wreck IMO.

I know you and Tadd talk on a regular basis, so I'm sure you're aware I offered to assemble Dan's engine for him. I have nothing to gain by trying to destroy anybody here. The reputations we all have here speak for themselves. All of the communication between Dan and I regarding this has taken place outside of PSA on the phone. How you gathered that I'm soliciting business here is beyond me. Whether or not I do the job is up in the air. Unless/until a box of parts shows up at my door, nothing's final anyway. I'm obviously not a vendor here, which is why you don't see me running around trying to sell stuff. Again, the only reason I mention any of it is because you brought it up.

I think both Dan and Elite are better off in the short, and long term by parting ways, so let's call this an ugly way for both parties to take a good step forward.

Right ... So the list you made of every truck still at elite with owners names in the post , was just right in line with everyone else ? And you "offered" to assemble his motor ? No agenda there.

Latest posts

Members online