6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

NathannialD

Reaction score
I would run either a huge gate, or two. My first gate coming off my pedestal is maxed out with my boost, so yours will need to be able to move quite a bit of air. I would just run one off each manifold if I were you.

what size gate are you running to bypass the high pressure? just curious

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
You wanna stay away from any kind of setup that allows the exhaust to undivide itself before it hits the high pressure charger because it will hurt spool up...

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yep.... one off of each manifold. I've tried saying this before but having one gate relieving pressure from one back can't be efficient, especially for a truck pushing over 1000hp. I'd throw a 38 or 40mm gate on the rear bend of each manifold (if it'll fit) and dump both into the 55. Then have one gate on the intermediate pipe for nitrous and controlling overall back pressure.

Attachments

• 1387842682.jpg
    1387842682.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 257
  • 1392250492.jpg
    1392250492.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
You wanna stay away from any kind of setup that allows the exhaust to undivide itself before it hits the high pressure charger because it will hurt spool up...

Agreed! This will be fixed. I dunno why that spacer was machined the way it was, but moving forward, gates for days

Yep.... one off of each manifold. I've tried saying this before but having one gate relieving pressure from one back can't be efficient, especially for a truck pushing over 1000hp. I'd throw a 38 or 40mm gate on the rear bend of each manifold (if it'll fit) and dump both into the 55. Then have one gate on the intermediate pipe for nitrous and controlling overall back pressure.

Thanks for the pics man! I saw them on fb a while ago but couldn't find them recently... Defiantly exactly what I'm looking for!

madman1234509

Reaction score
I have no experience with the 6.7 and don't know how much room there is but the outside radius of the bends in the rear would be perfect spots to add gates, the flow will be more direct and efficient.

Dan

Reaction score
Could of had a sweet restored car for the money and time lol. Something from the 60's era. It will hold its value, vs a new truck does nothing but depreciate. Sound like an old man now lol.

Cold up in ft mac right now?

It's all what you're in to eh? For me, it's worth every dime having a truck worth 10 grand by the time I'm done with it! Hahaha

Yeah it's been -20 for the last week, winters just getting started! Haha

Jesse_01

Reaction score
It's all what you're in to eh? For me, it's worth every dime having a truck worth 10 grand by the time I'm done with it! Hahaha

Yeah its been -20 at nights than -5 & sunny during the days. Which is nice change from the month & half of straight rain we got.

I guess hinton was down into -35 plus wind a couple days ago.

The truck is starting to sound like a 7.3 when its started in the cold mornings. Smoking & banging away. Lol

Lysons

Reaction score

Yeah its been -20 at nights than -5 & sunny during the days. Which is nice change from the month & half of straight rain we got.

The truck is starting to sound like a 7.3 when its started in the cold mornings. Smoking & banging away. Lol

Lloyd hit -30 yesterday and today :doh:

DocBar

Reaction score
Lloyd hit -30 yesterday and today :doh:

Damn that global warming!!! Good luck with your build. I'm in a similar predicament with my smoking & banging away 7.3. :blitzed:

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Damn that global warming!!! Good luck with your build. I'm in a similar predicament with my smoking & banging away 7.3. :blitzed:
Mines a higher mile 6.7 thats banging away like a 7.3 lol

Compared to the temps we use to have in the winter. It is a lot warmer. Use to see -40 over here in bc a few times a winter. Now -40 is an Alberta thing hahaha, they can keep it too.

jcain

Reaction score
How do y'all keep your coolant temps up? It's only in the +teens here and the truck won't stay above 150* at idle after being up to temp.

DocBar

Reaction score
Mines a higher mile 6.7 thats banging away like a 7.3 lol

Compared to the temps we use to have in the winter. It is a lot warmer. Use to see -40 over here in bc a few times a winter. Now -40 is an Alberta thing hahaha, they can keep it too.
Check out the temps in Saskatchewan. Lot's of record lows. The west coast has been averaging above normal temps while everywhere else has record lows as the norm. I bet you have less than average precipitation, also.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.