6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Reaction score
Just gonna throw it out there that rod bearings don't have much to do with crank flex when the mains look perfect.

Even my 6.7 that lost an oil galley plug and all oil pressure at 4600 rpm didn't spin a bearing. It galded the crank, smoked the bearing and blued the rod... But the bearing didn't spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

97stoker350

Reaction score
Kudos to ya Dan. Most people say throw a Cummins in her after this. Even though you might be an idiot, some good info is coming from your testing

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Welding the crank gear is retarded... Not putting in mains is also pretty dumb...

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I just don't understand why people get angry like dan is spending your money.

He's clearly going to do whatever the F he wants. Maybe that makes him an idiot or maybe it's just a difference of opinion? I just think some of the bashing is silly, let's not turn this into facebook.

Reaction score
Welding the crank gear is retarded... Not putting in mains is also pretty dumb...

I disagree.

When have you ever replaced a worn crank gear? Oh yeah, never. They don't wear out or need serviced so who cares if they are welded permanent.

You can key it or weld it. Same difference. I've done it on several platforms.

Also, please, can anyone prove to me or anyone else here the actual quantitative strength added by main studs? I have yet to see any of the factory 6 bolt mains stretch. And contrary to popular belief, main studs do NOT make an engine block stronger.

The 6.7 block is not as strong as a 6.4 that's all there is to it. But no one in this forum can actually prove that the cranks flex or that the main stretched. Because they most likely didn't. Some of the early cranks have broke but that was mostly due to casting flaws.

I've pushed 12mm 2 bolt main block engines to 1000hp and 8000 rpms... I think some people are overlooking the obvious or trying to push blame on things to cover their own behind.

This is about as pointless as main studs in a 6.0 or 6.4.... But hey, what do I know.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Wayne

Reaction score

A 2wd truck is retarded... but I guess that's just my opinion eh?

LOL hey now, you both have really cool trucks. Now play nice :grouphug: How boring would it be if all our stuff was the same? BTW Morgan, you've made some excellent points. I haven't followed the mpd drag truck, so I don't know where the crack in the block is, but all the water jackets stop above the skirts, so without seeing a cracked block, I don't see the point in filling the water jackets unless it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.;) In all reality, 6 bolt mains are pretty good. Not bed plate good, but good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.