Dan

Reaction score
Ok let's hear it!

10332F48-30D4-4D45-99F1-B739F7AB1855_zpssofxstwe.jpg

554B6810-3A95-4B51-A09A-1C975C359AAB_zpsygxsemnf.jpg

A1B588A4-F894-4489-AE44-88B9FBF136B8_zpsh5ukex9v.jpg

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
Did you pay a "fabricator" to do that for you or did you do it yourself?

Pressurized systems definitely care about flow lol.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Under normal heavy acceleration the system would become head soaked and boil over pushing all the coolant out of the secondary cooling system. Expecially after doing all those doughnuts... So yeah that frozen boost was putting too much load on the secondary cooling system... Air to air is the only logical way to cool my intake air temps

Wouldn't it make more sense to just take it easy on the truck until you get a suitable cooling system in place?

Dan

Reaction score
How's your egt situation? How about any change in lag?

Get off work tomorrow night, so I'll get back to where my truck is then... Haha so I'll know then

Did you pay a "fabricator" to do that for you or did you do it yourself?

Pressurized systems definitely care about flow lol.

Paid a guy. I can't weld, at all... Every time I touch a welder it seems like I immediately turn into a Parkinson's patient with a chronic suezure disorder....

Wouldn't it make more sense to just take it easy on the truck until you get a suitable cooling system in place?

What do you mean by "easy"? Hahahahaha

I don't take it easy on anything, why should I start on a truck? Haha

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score

Cue build 3.0... This is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. He has a CAC but its not big enough, so he removes it to replace it with nothing until a A/A can be made...?

Last edited:

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score

I mean... That's probably what 99% of us would do. However, Dan is that 1% that says *** you to logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan

Reaction score
Cue build 3.0... This is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. He has a CAC but its not big enough, so he removes it to replace it with nothing until a A/A can be made...?

Cac WAS big enough likely over kill... But here's why I ditched it.

multiple reasons...

Garbage fitment.

Boots don't hold boost.

"Vanjen" clamps don't hold heat/ boost

But the main reason:
Ineffective
(Secondary cooling system isn't sufficient to dissipate the load that the air to water places on it. During normal heavy acceleration the system becomes heat soaked and pukes all its coolant)

I'll have better luck with chemical charge air cooling hahaha

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Maybe I'm an idiot too, but I like that dan does whatever the f*** he wants with his truck.. He does stuff that I probably wouldn't do but I am always intrigued to see how it goes.

devdiesel

Reaction score
That's ALOT of bungs... Is the idea to cool it on huge amounts of nos, meth or both and say f#&k the inter cooler side? It's different I'll say that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan

Reaction score
Devdiesel:

Yeah that's the plan, I'll see where my egts are at when I go on days off this week and get back to my truck, I'm planning on a fairly complex over kill water meth setup, as it made a huge difference in egts on my old duramax back in the day, 600*f cooler egts wot. So far I know from what the girlfriend has told me that cruising down the highway, 110-130kmh egts stay in the 700-800 range (slightly lower than before) which I can't wrap my head around... But the gauge don't lie. We'll see what happens I'm excited to find out!

Kaleb it's all good man! Haha

johnp115

Reaction score
I honestly don't think its a terrible idea and who cares if it works or not because it's your truck not theirs. I mean **** have you ever put your hand on the "cold side" pipe after driving?? I've burnt my hand on it before so it may not make a huge difference and help you have something some what workable untill you get the air to air setup on.

Latest posts

Members online